1,408 results
All reviews private pool grand pool villa grand lexis duyung restaurant deluxe suite buggy service two king size beds lower unit microwave oven small kitchen games room sea view glass panel water villa buggy ride spacious room main building
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Checked in with a couple of freinds in March 2012.
Stayed at the Sky Pool Grand Villa
The place was amaizing, its really huge with 2 seperate rooms and ample amount of space
The pool was great too
Service could have been better, but no real complains
Breakfast spread should be improved in my opinion
On the overall, great place to stay

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have always wanted to stay here after reading about the in-room private pools. Booking directly with this hotel is managed through a 3rd party and that didn't give me a good impression right from the start because the booking agent cannot get your name right despite best efforts from the customer. For example, you say "S" for Singapore and they still spelled it "F".

I arrived at 1.45pm and was told my room was only available at 2.30-3.00pm. This is alright normally but I saw people checking out at 2pm which was a bit annoying. When I asked if I can also check out at 2pm, they said No.

The hotel staff in general are not very knowledgeable about their hotel. I get different answers from different people.

If you read my reviews, I am usually easy to please but this hotel is a bit disappointing.

I booked an executive pool villa

Good points:
The in-room pool was clean though a bit too heavily chlorinated.
It was cool to be staying on a room above the sea with a little glass window to peak at the water.
2 king sized beds and good comfortable mattresses
Buggy service was prompt
Staff are courteous despite seeming clueless at time

Points to note:
Pool fountain is centrally controlled. It can be noisy if you want to sleep in the afternoon.
Executive water villa does not have a window facing the sea except at the toilets/end of the pool

Bad points:
The room was not well maintained. Some doors and cabinets need to be fixed
Room was not cleaned properly
Breakfast spread is too localized. Not enough international fare

In summary;
Do not let the room rate deceive you that this is a luxury hotel. It is not.
The rate is high because the rooms are large, there is a mini pool in your room and you are staying above the waters of the Straits of Malacca.
It is officially rated 4 stars but I think it is more of a 3 star hotel.

You pay 5 star rates to stay in a 3 star hotel with rooms above water and a private pool.

Room tip: You may ask for a room further out in the sea. Further to walk but quieter and during low tide, you will still be above water. You can try fishing there. Not quite sure if you can catch anything but I saw some anglers
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MikeCMelbourne
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Good points : in-villa pool , good for families . Spacious room with 2 king-sized beds, dry kitchenette (microwave, sink ,2 bowls/plates but no dish detergent, and only a tiny minibar fridge ).
No sea-view , and just murky water through the in-floor glass panel.

Not-so-good : place was overrun by noisy young kids and large company groups , so it really isn't a choice for rest & relaxation . Very limited seating in lobby , and check-in/out can be chaotic. No assistance even offered , with bags, at time of check-in- just handed the room key and left to our own devices to locate the room and lug our own bags .
All in - would not consider it value for money .

Date of stay: December 2012
2  Thank superdin0
Reviewed November 26, 2012

my 1st and 2nd stay has been reasuring however the adequacy of it's a-ar doors in the bath rooms and pool doors needs fixing. The drainange pipes from the bathrooms need futher maintanance plumbing without reports from the guest as this are essential for any hotel management

Room tip: take the infinity pool , it's HEAVENLLY BEAUTIFULL.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Zayree
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed for 2 nites for business Trip. Arrived to hotel on late Friday night. Realized that no iron in my room. Called house keeping at 1140pm for iron. Reply from them, they are run out of iron. What...? My meeting start 8am next day. I insist I need one. they said nothing can be done and need to check...By 1210, someone send me iron with iron board using bicycle. But inform me that I only entitle for 30min. This is how 5 star hotel treat customer?

Date of stay: November 2012