“Perfect resort for family with children!”

Thistle Port Dickson Resort
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Awesome resort for children..I stayed at the resort with a group of friends with 12 extremely hyper kids. The hotel is definitely a child-friendly hotel.. beautiful pool, fantastic customer service with good selection of F&B.
Thumbs up to Donald from the pool side bar with his excellent customer service and keeping the kids (and yes the adults too) contended during our pool/beach time.
Thistle PD...we will be BACK for more!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ThistleGMPD, General Manager at Thistle Port Dickson Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It sounds like your family had a great time here and that is music to our ears.

We have added a few new family facilities lately such as a second movie room, a second interactive games room and a karaoke room. These are located at our beach bar "Cumulus". The idea here is that adults can sit and relax with a nice cool drink while the kids are being entertained close-by. We will continue to tailor our range of services to meet the needs of families.

We hope to welcome you back soon and please contact me if I can be of any service.

Again, many thanks.

Yours Sincerely,

John Murphy

There are newer reviews for Thistle Port Dickson Resort

Reviewed April 23, 2013

So we asked for nothing but a short, sweet and an average get-together outing with my friends. But what thistle provided us was more than that... From the time we were greeted, to the check-in and the rest of the stay was great. This was our very first gathering and thistle made it very special for us. We are all pleased and will definitely return for our next holiday... Special mention to Donald for the great cocktail, Raj and Siva for accommodating to all our request :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ren6
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked 2 deluxe rooms and requested for them to be connecting rooms. Managed to get connecting rooms but I was slightly disappointed that the amenities in each room differs. Although they were both deluxe rooms and cost us the same price, one had a standing shower while the other had a bathtub. The room with the bathtub was significantly larger compared to the one without. When we asked the reception why the two rooms are not identical, they said it's just like that. Not too happy but we just had to settle. So my advice, pls inform the hotel if u prefer a room with a bathtub.

Their expansive grounds is enough for everyone as we didn't feel crowded at all even though the resort was almost full. The beach is just a minute walk. And the pool was the biggest I've seen. Complete with 2 children pool and 3 areas for adults with different depth. Love it.

The spa was not the best I've been to. The masseuse could be more gentle with her strokes and learn to apply pressure at the right spot.

My boys love the children's room. But they could do a bit of updating. They need new balls in the ball pit area.

The movie room and the gaming room is the first I've seen in a resort. They screen children's movies in a dark room complete with bean bags. How cosy. The game room had 3 Kinect stations and a staff manning it. You'll never get bored.

The best experience for me was when I came down for breakfast one morning and was led to a wonderfully decorated table with sweets and party hats. I looked around and wondered why this table is so special. Then I realized it was my birthday. After breakfast the staff came out with a birthday cake and sang a birthday song. Very touched.

Overall, the management is excellent in ensuring every guest is special and takes every effort to ensure that there's always something for everyone in the family.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank FiRumi
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A group of my friends and I stayed at Thistle on April 18th. We booked about 10 rooms. The service from the moment we checked in was five star. Staff were extremely helpful and very accomodative to a bunch of noisy kids :) Donald who was manning the pool bar club was so very helpful.

The kids loved the pool - it was awesome.

Definately will go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return to us soon.

I will pass your comments onto Donald who, I'm sure, will be thrilled with your comments.

Please let me know if I may be of any service in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

John Murphy

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very good hotel. Every member of the family will find somtin exciting here. Mr Shiva- rooms manager and mr Raj from front office were so accomodating to our requests. Thumbs up! To Donald from poolside bar for excellent service . Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We used to stay at avillion water villa every time we visit pd. but Rated as the number one hotel in PD we thought of trying thistle out..But we don't think so. Stayed 1 night on 20th April 2013 and paid for rm440 per night. Room 542 is full of ants. Tv programs (astro channels) in the room is not even clear not to mention no free wifi, as thistle is an international chain resort. Do not have enough benches at beach front and as a staying guest we were asked to pay for corkage when we bring our own drinks when sat at the columus area, of course we refuse to pay. We were out for dinner and came back, parking is full but the is so many parking spots being reserved. When we wanted to parked at the empty reserve spot the manager in charge told us is reserved for guest that when out for dinner. Excuse me? Aren't we guest? We were not told that we have a priority to reserved a parking spot for guest staying here. But after much negotiation and I have to walk up to the reception to make a compliant he finally gave us the one of the many empty reserved parking spots. All in all I don't think this is the no 1 hotel in pd. disappointment!!!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank MelissaW10
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. I booked 6 rooms during my last trip as I was with a wedding entourage. I would totally recommend the deluxe sea facing view....they're bigger and better value for money. I wasn't very please with the aircon.....not cold enough and i had a frustrating time trying to control the temperature.
Service was to be expected at the restaurant and bar. The receptionist at the lobby mixed up our room allocations and that was a little disappointing.
My biggest complain however was the meeting room i booked for the family gathering. The aircon just didn't work that day and having 30 guests in a small room wasn't very pleasant. The hotel manager tried to get to the bottom of things though it was a little too late.
Overall, a good holiday for a weekend trip away from the city but be cautious if you're going to organise any event there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family