“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Port Dickson
Malaysia
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

So we asked for nothing but a short, sweet and an average get-together outing with my friends. But what thistle provided us was more than that... From the time we were greeted, to the check-in and the rest of the stay was great. This was our very first gathering and thistle made it very special for us. We are all pleased and will definitely return for our next holiday... Special mention to Donald for the great cocktail, Raj and Siva for accommodating to all our request :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ren6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked 2 deluxe rooms and requested for them to be connecting rooms. Managed to get connecting rooms but I was slightly disappointed that the amenities in each room differs. Although they were both deluxe rooms and cost us the same price, one had a standing shower while the other had a bathtub. The room with the bathtub was significantly larger compared to the one without. When we asked the reception why the two rooms are not identical, they said it's just like that. Not too happy but we just had to settle. So my advice, pls inform the hotel if u prefer a room with a bathtub.

Their expansive grounds is enough for everyone as we didn't feel crowded at all even though the resort was almost full. The beach is just a minute walk. And the pool was the biggest I've seen. Complete with 2 children pool and 3 areas for adults with different depth. Love it.

The spa was not the best I've been to. The masseuse could be more gentle with her strokes and learn to apply pressure at the right spot.

My boys love the children's room. But they could do a bit of updating. They need new balls in the ball pit area.

The movie room and the gaming room is the first I've seen in a resort. They screen children's movies in a dark room complete with bean bags. How cosy. The game room had 3 Kinect stations and a staff manning it. You'll never get bored.

The best experience for me was when I came down for breakfast one morning and was led to a wonderfully decorated table with sweets and party hats. I looked around and wondered why this table is so special. Then I realized it was my birthday. After breakfast the staff came out with a birthday cake and sang a birthday song. Very touched.

Overall, the management is excellent in ensuring every guest is special and takes every effort to ensure that there's always something for everyone in the family.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank FiRumi
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A group of my friends and I stayed at Thistle on April 18th. We booked about 10 rooms. The service from the moment we checked in was five star. Staff were extremely helpful and very accomodative to a bunch of noisy kids :) Donald who was manning the pool bar club was so very helpful.

The kids loved the pool - it was awesome.

Definately will go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
ThistleGMPD, General Manager at Thistle Port Dickson Resort, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return to us soon.

I will pass your comments onto Donald who, I'm sure, will be thrilled with your comments.

Please let me know if I may be of any service in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

John Murphy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very good hotel. Every member of the family will find somtin exciting here. Mr Shiva- rooms manager and mr Raj from front office were so accomodating to our requests. Thumbs up! To Donald from poolside bar for excellent service . Will definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2013
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We used to stay at avillion water villa every time we visit pd. but Rated as the number one hotel in PD we thought of trying thistle out..But we don't think so. Stayed 1 night on 20th April 2013 and paid for rm440 per night. Room 542 is full of ants. Tv programs (astro channels) in the room is not even clear not to mention no free wifi, as thistle is an international chain resort. Do not have enough benches at beach front and as a staying guest we were asked to pay for corkage when we bring our own drinks when sat at the columus area, of course we refuse to pay. We were out for dinner and came back, parking is full but the is so many parking spots being reserved. When we wanted to parked at the empty reserve spot the manager in charge told us is reserved for guest that when out for dinner. Excuse me? Aren't we guest? We were not told that we have a priority to reserved a parking spot for guest staying here. But after much negotiation and I have to walk up to the reception to make a compliant he finally gave us the one of the many empty reserved parking spots. All in all I don't think this is the no 1 hotel in pd. disappointment!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank MelissaW10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. I booked 6 rooms during my last trip as I was with a wedding entourage. I would totally recommend the deluxe sea facing view....they're bigger and better value for money. I wasn't very please with the aircon.....not cold enough and i had a frustrating time trying to control the temperature.
Service was to be expected at the restaurant and bar. The receptionist at the lobby mixed up our room allocations and that was a little disappointing.
My biggest complain however was the meeting room i booked for the family gathering. The aircon just didn't work that day and having 30 guests in a small room wasn't very pleasant. The hotel manager tried to get to the bottom of things though it was a little too late.
Overall, a good holiday for a weekend trip away from the city but be cautious if you're going to organise any event there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Luqman M
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

my stay at this hotel was last week about 5 days on business. awsome service frm each and everyone in this hotel. Always smile and bow to great a gud day and anyone can see they are obligated to their customer as we are the boss for them. Very clean and spaces hotel lobby as well as the rooms. Huge pool and nice view of straits of malacca. courts for games and walking. fantastic service. This is wat we call excelence service and management. Hats of for the workers and management. our local people should get some ideas frm the managemen how to run a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Klana Beach Resort Port Dickson
Klana Beach Resort Port Dickson
#5 of 32 in Port Dickson
3.5 of 5 stars 75 reviews

Been to Thistle Port Dickson Resort? Share your experiences!