Thistle Port Dickson Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cozzi Hotel(Port Dickson)
    Very Good 4/5
    Ocean View Resort(Port Dickson)
    Good 3.5/5
    1,416 results
    All reviewslego roomfresh restaurantbeach barchinese restaurantinfinity poolhole golf coursejet skihuge poolprivate beachbanana boatgarden viewwater sportsplay roomsand artkaraoke roomdeluxe roomtable tennis
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I had a bad journey during Chinese New Year as Terribly jammed and hope we will get a good experience in hotel. We booked on Thistle Family Plus package which is very good deal as we can enjoy all the facilities. We had 2 adult and 2 children. When we arrived we were greeted by young man at the front with welcome drink and cold towel which was great impression. We have to Q in at the lobby and another men with red shirt with tie and I believe as a manager standing at the lobby without offer any assistance and help with our check in. He only directed the staff to carry the luggage which he only with his hand phone.This is bad experience We finally was attended by young lady at the reception. She was explained all the entitlement which was great. Went up room was small and dirty with fungus and grouting. Air cond was rather hot and maintenance in room not so great. I agreed with other review as well. If we will got choice we will staying another properties.

Room Tip: A/C not good condition
    • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
    10  Thank ashraf1980
    ThistleGMPD, General Manager at Thistle Port Dickson Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your review and thank you for booking our "Thistle Family Plus" package. While I am pleased to hear that there were elements of your stay which you enjoyed, I really must apologise for letting you down on the overall experience. First impressions are of vital importance and we will use your feedback to ensure that we get this right every time. We have also noted your feedback regarding the room maintenance and we have dealt with this but, again, we will need to ensure that we get this right, every time.
    It would be my great pleasure to welcome you back to Thistle in the future and I can be contacted via the business listing at the top of the page. Please let me know if I may be of any service.

Once again, many thanks for posting your comments - we very much appreciate it.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We frequently escape from KL to PD. Be it a day trip or a one night stay.
    This time, we chose Thistle.
    Pros
    1-Big room to accomodate all of us(4 children+us)
    2-Kids enjoyed the swimming pool very much
    3- buffet breakfast spread is great

Cons
    1-Beach was no so clean
    2- Staffs were so-so, they should learn how to greet guests
    3-Dont like the room tiles. Prefer the carpeted one.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
    2  Thank sohailahsoheimin

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the pool, the room and the breakfast and we will certainly consider your proposals for improvement.

If you wish to contact me for any further assistance or future bookings, my contact details is listed above this page.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was here for an overnight conference and I have to say that the room was great and the service was good. Not much to do in terms of activities as Port Dickson isn't exactly known for the great beaches. If you had to be here, the hotel is fine, and the service is good. I was not a big fan of their international buffet restaurant however. On the bright side, if you play golf, they have a golf course here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review, I am glad that elements of your stay met your expectation. I can certainly look into introducing more activities besides the ones that we already have.
    Besides Golf, we have the daily 'Act Zone' activities such as Boules, Croquet, Top Spinning, Sepak Raga, Beach Volleyball etc. which could be of interest next time.

If you plan to return to Port Dickson in the future, I would be glad to assist with your booking - my contact details are located at the top of this page.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very friendly,& the breakfast/lunch taste are q nice,only lack of variety.the room is average only,the bath room was q smelly when i check in to the room,& the water tab have some rusty water flow out at first.overall is a good place for vacation break away

• Stayed: February 2013
    2  Thank TongKB
    ThistleGMPD, General Manager at Thistle Port Dickson Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Please accept my apologies for the condition of your room. Many thanks though for the feedback as it helps us gauge where improvements are needed.

I hope you will come back soon and when you have decided on when to return, it would be my pleasure to see to your booking. I can be contacted at the business listing above this page.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just for a night when we decided to take a drive to Port Dickson one public holiday in KL, so we got a room at quite an expensive rate. We didn't mind the price until we got to our room. The room had a funny smell when we got in. I guess it was due to it's aging condition. Shower head was looking really tired and close to rusting!
    The next morning we had the buffet breakfast which was just ok. Then we head to the beach. The beach was nice with really powdery sand and water was calm. It would have been good if there were beach beds/benches around the beach for us to put towels etc. We had to put our things directly on the sand so naturally our clothes/towels will all get sandy! It was annoying! Anyway it was great swimming at the beach and their spacious pool.
    The resort would really be fit for those traveling with kids as they have plenty of activities around the resort.
    At night time we went for a drink at their beach bar with really good Filipino band playing. We had a great time.
    Checking out was a bit annoying too. We understand it was a busy period but I still feel they need to be more organized on their check out procedure. First time I've seen that long queue in the reception..it was like waiting to get a ride on a train on a busy day!
    Overall I'd say Thistle is a good choice for a good stay in Port Dickson. We don't mind staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
    1  Thank Veneez

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We have been working hard to ensure that the beach is clean and tidy so it is good to read that you enjoyed it. I take note of your comments for future improvements and we are already working on these. Your feedback is very important to us and we are very grateful.

When you decide to return in the future, please contact me if I may be of any service.