“Relax, comfy & enjoying trip”

Thistle Port Dickson Resort
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Relax, comfy & enjoying trip”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Spend a night here with girlfriend just to enjoy & relax @thistle. Location is this hotel is quite isolated which required further drive into it, expect a little bit of traffic on weekends. Check-in was good, got our room on top floor which is comfortable and clean, just feel the deco and furniture is a bit old only but overall still ok. The only problem is lift which you need to wait patiently & quite slow. Beach need to be clean up..lot of rubbish, maybe hotel management should do something about it.Overall is still good, just hope they improve it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank artic128
ThistleGMPD, General Manager at Thistle Port Dickson Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I do appreciate you taking the time to review the resort.

I understand that there were some elements that need to be looked into and please accept my apologies.

When you plan to stay with us again, please do call on me and I will personally welcome you back. I can be reached at the business listing at the top of this page.

Many thanks again.

John Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Brought my family for 2 days 1 night stay in this resort type hotel. Hotel is about 5km from the Seremban-PD highway exit. Have booked a garden view room. Room rate is MYR 370++ without breakfast. Room size is decent, but not much space to move about. Bed is very comfy (can accomodate 2 adults + 2 kids). There is also a "day-bed". If you bring along a sleeping bag or light mattress, can squeeze in 1 more adult. Internet connection is available but not useful for me this trip. Bathroom is OK but without bath tub (not really a must for me anyway). Swimming pool area is great, come with a couple of water slide for kids and jacuzzi. There is also an infinity pool, located near the beach front. However, the beach area is nothing to shout about, probably typical of PD, not well-known for nice and long sandy beach. There are also children's play room, arcade games room, pool table, table tennis and table soccer at Level 1. Plenty of reastaurant and convenience store along the main road. If you have a car, PD town is just a short drive. The only grief that I have is the noise intrusion from the karaoke joint (the sliding door of my room can't close properly and has a little bit of gap). The singing session seems to last until well over 2am at night. Kind of disturbing for family with kids. Other than that, a decent resort style hotel for short family outing.

Room Tip: Choose sea view room if you can afford the 20% extra. Hopefully, karaoke disturbance is not felt.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SSK77
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort. We are glad that in general the resort met your expectation; just for one matter of the karaoke joint across the resort. We have left this to the local authorities for their action but please do accept my apologies for this shortcoming during your stay. We have also looked at the door and made the necessary adjustments.

Upon your next visit to Port Dickson, I would be delighted to personally welcome you back. Please contact me via the business listing at the top of this page.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our company went to Thistle for our annual company trip last weekend, we had a great time and everyone enjoyed the place very much. I had read many bad reviews on the tripadvisor on Thistle with their food and service, and was quite worry since we are a big group of 70 pax. However since the arrangement was made in advance, we have to stick to the plan to go. I am pleasantly surprise on arrival that the hotel has arranged a cozy corner for us to have our morning breakfast. The food was quite tasty and a lot of colleague comment positively on the curry. We got our rooms after lunch although the checking in took a bit of time, and rooms were reasonable. We had a buffet dinner in the evening with a whole roast lamb. Everything was great!! we stayed one night and left after breakfast the next day. I was again pleasantly surprise that the breakfast was also good with a good variety of selection. The hotel has definitely improved since the last bad review on the Tripadvisor, and hope it continues to keep up the standard. It is a great location nearby KL, and the property has good facilities with great view. It has great potential to do even better. Keep it up!!!

Christina

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank christinahiew
ThistleGMPD, General Manager at Thistle Port Dickson Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Ms Christina,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the resort. We are glad that you have afforded us the opportunity to host your company’s event.

I also do appreciate that you spent time in noticing the little things that we did and your comments are a great boost to morale.

When you are returning to Port Dickson, please do contact me and it would be my pleasure to look after you.

I look forward towards welcoming you and any member from your company back soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Spent a night here with my spouse on a weekend getaway. Got a pretty good deal for their basic room via agoda.

Arrived without incident and found ample parking. Check-in was a breeze; quick and efficient. However, when I got to my room, the lingering stench made it obvious that I was in a smoking room (I had specifically asked for a king bed and non-smoking room upon booking). Gave a ring to the front desk and was told that all other non-smoking rooms were twin rooms. Sigh, decisions, decisions. Anyway, I pushed it a little bit more and complained that I had specifically asked for both during booking. I was then handed over to the duty manager (I forgot his name now, but he was a youngish Indian chap. Nice, friendly guy) who said he would get back to me. Within 5 minutes, he calls me back and says he is moving us to another room which is non-smoking. It was supposed to be a better room, but he said he wasn't going to charge us for the "upgrade". Excellent job! The new room ended up really nice, right in the corner of the wing. Really appreciate the duty manager's quick thinking and assistance. So, a negative start is quickly changed to a very positive start thanks to this young man.

Spent the afternoon and evening in the pool. Really lots of people there, so it wasn't really very "romantic" nor private. After a while, we decided to go check out the beach and sea. The beach is rubbish and the sea is brown. I defiinitely wasn't gonna go in there. However, we discovered a bar (part of the hotel) by the beach with a smallish pool and it was an adults only pool! Yay. Far less people now and no noisy kids jumping in and out. We stayed here for a bit until it was time to get ready for dinner.

After dinner (we ate at a seafood restaurant not far from the hotel), we decided to head back to the bar by the beach. There was a Filipino band playing and I must say they weren't doing very well, cos they were singing boring slow ballads. I made a request (a more upbeat number) and it was quickly obliged. I don't know why they didn't sing these songs sooner, cos they were really good and soon got the place jumping. Enjoyed a couple of drinks there with the music and then decided to turn in for the night.

The kind bed was very comfortable indeed and we slept in till noon! :)

All-in-all, it was a really good weekend getaway with pretty good value. I would go there again. Thanks again to the quick-thinking duty manager.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TezzMezz
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Port Dickson. I am sorry about the smoking room but I am happy to read that we were able to put things right. I know the Duty Manager you are referring to and I have shown him your comments – he is very happy with this recognition. If we can be of any service to you in the future, please contact me via the business listing at the top of the page.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review the resort.

Shah Alam,Malaysia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Check in to the deluxe room end lot and very happy that we have the great view from our two balconies; one viewing swimming pools & sea and the other balcony facing beautiful landscape and garden. The room is big and clean with comfortable bed, plenty of lightings and have 6 sockets; toilet is big, clean and bright too.

The few units of swimming pools for adults and children are great but not so clean maybe due to too many people during Raya season, I have seen kids and adults jump inside the pool without washing away the sand and soil carried from the sea and garden! Jacuzzi with powerful bubbles give really good massage. I like the swimming pool by the side of Cumulus next to the beach; it’s very relaxing with the Jacuzzi at the side of the pool, sea breeze and shades from the surrounding trees and less clouds. Beach is clean from rubbish. There is no jelly fish in the sea, we have great swim in the sea. There are lots of facilities in the hotel which will not let you get boring; the S.W.A.T. Camp is great for team building events.

My family has stayed in several hotels and resorts in PD before. Compare to the rest, Thistle gave us quite good impression; we hope to see improvement at the swimming pool the next time we return to Thistle. A special thanks to En.Mohd Faizal for your legendary hospitality during our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CeciliaGan
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Checked-in, left a box of dates on the table by the mirror to go out for a swim and came back to find it infested with those tiny ants!! Y'all need some pest-control, yo. That's my only issue. Love this hotel, pool and all.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Ladys0ul
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Ok beside other hotel in PD i stayed, this is also one of my favourite choice, really, their balcony rooms are nice, facing the sea, swimming pool reall big, staff at the reception big plus to the management, hey will go all out to help you when you need one, food WOW, Malaysia breakfast is a big feast they are really generous, there is really so much to eat, Will definately stay here again when i visit malaysia

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple