“Poor Maintenance”

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Poor Maintenance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The apartment is not well maintained, especially the bathroom. I saw different types of fungus growing around the bathroom, particularly the ceiling (should have taken photos, but it was too disgusting until I dared not to look at it). The toilet flush is not strong enough. Also, the house keeping has failed to ensure that the apartment is well cleaned before the next guest moving in. The living room was sandy, the microwave in the kitchen was so dusty and very likely that it has not been used for ages. There was water leaking in the bathroom and the another disgusting part is there was hair tangling around the shower handle and the drain which was not cleaned. The breakfast was barely okay. Overall, poor maintenance.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
13 Thank im_eling
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your constructive feedback
Our sincere apologies for the poor maintenance of the particular room that you have stayed
We will definately remedy all your valued comments .
This is not our usual standards of cleanliness and maintenance
Many apologies again for the inconvenience caused
Looking forward to welcome you again to GBR under better circumstances

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Indonesian first
Guadalajara, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

After do some quick re-search around Port Dickson area, finalize with Glory Beach Resort. Hotel is Good to stay and have friendly staffs. Value for what you pay for it. But very disappointed only next day during morning breakfast. Once pass by Kitchen area, encounter the kitchen with opened expose of the breakfast material. And decide not having they breakfast or whatever from this hotel anymore. Please look for the pictures that I uploaded. Very very disappointed. Hope if the F&B management take some serious action to solve the issue.
Mac

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Simon_Smith70
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments.
Glad that you found that the resort is good place to stay and staffs were friendly.
On your comments on the kitchen area ...i must put it right that it is not a kitchen but a STEWARD PANTRY area.
For you kind information this is where washing up is done with leftover food ; soiled cutleries and crockeries.Were were serving over 1200 pax breakfast that morning
You and a lady were found loitering in this pantry around approximately between 1015am - 1100am. You were also reprimanded by my Maintenance Manager as it out of bounds for guests as you were seem behaving rather suspiciously. Upon his query both of you just left...if your intentions were genuine and honest you could have spoken to the management right away.
Please note that all cookings are done at our Main Kitchen situated at Block C and the the pantry area.
Thus I find your review very inappropriate and very detrimental to the business of GBR
Also checking with the room stay history there is no one booked under the country Mexico with our registration datas as you have claimed.

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I do not even wait to leave to write how bad this place is. It is dirty, the rooms are pokey and has only a small TV showing local channels. The only entertainment was the karaoke till midnight blaring around the whole place. After we arrived we ordered a snack and had a cockroach in it. The only good thing about the place is that they refunded the rest of our stay when we decided to only stay one night and cancelled the rest of the stay. If I pay over 300rm a night I expect an order of magnitude better than this.

• Stayed June 2013
9 Thank Derekiwi
Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.
We will definately remedy your comments and views
Thank you for staying with us .
Given a chance hoping to welcome you and your family again to GBR under better circumstances
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had our school friends reunion last week in Glory Beach Resort. Overall we are happy for the service, room and food. The beach is clean and the facilities are good with ample of parking space. The turtle talk and feeding was a good experience, kids loved the session and had opportunity to touch and took some photographs with the turtle. Overall we are satisfied and happy to had our memorable day in Glory Beach Resort and we will be looking for another opportunity to spend our holiday at Glory Beach Resort, PD.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sai7879
Thank you for your kind comments.
We are glad to know that all of you had a wonderful school reunion here at GBR and went back with fond memories.
We look forward to welcome you and your family again to GBR for your next visit
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Dear Mr. Isaac
I would like to once again say thank you to your hotel staff for their honesty and prompt action. I left my laptop at the banquet hall on the 7th June 2013. I did not realised that I had done that until I was back in Kuala Lumpur. I immediately called the hotel and a Ms. Yati immediately assured me that the laptop was with her. She was very cautious and asked me to describe the laptop. Upon confirming that it was mine, she asked me where I was , and when she found out that I was already in Kuala Lumpur, she suggested that the KL staff who were going to be in PD could bring it back for me and all I had to do was to collect it from your office in Kl. I have since got up my laptop and once again would like to applaud your staff for such honesty.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Lin3111
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
I am very glad to know that you have got back your valuable laptop.
As a GM of the resort it gives me great pleasure to know that we have honest and responsible staffs.
I will definately pass on your good remarks to the staffs concerned.
Looking forward to welcome you again to GBR
KualaLumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We, Christ Church Melaka members, would like to thank you so much for the overall experiences cherished.

Wonderful experience of accomodation, variety of food, cleanliness, beautiful beach front and helpful and courteous personnel. Stongly recommended for a wonderful stay at PD. The Sea Turtle talk and feeding sessions were also superb and educational. We would love to be back for many other PD outings.

Once again thank you for your service and understanding throught our stay. God Bless.

Marian Jackson & Mark Jeeva

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MarkJeevaC
isaac250, General Manager at Glory Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write in your kind comments.
We are glad that you and your guests enjoyed the facilities , services and food rendered during your recent church camp.
I will pass on your compliments to all staff concerned.
We look forward to welcome you & your guests again to GBR !
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I realy would like to say that Glory Beach Resort is the best place for family holidays.It has lots of facilities.We realy enjoyed the stay.we realy love the foods.we stayed there for almost 8days.They have a wishing fish pond.I did make a wish which came true.They also have Sea turtles.They have swimming pool with a beautiful sea view.love the cleanliness.Superb housekeeping.I appreciate the way they have trained their staff and the way they are following their duty perfectly.Keep up the good work.Once again thank you for the good service and I wish Glory Beach Resort a lot of success.I must say the correct and prompt support extended by your staff was appreciable.They answered all our queries and was very polite and helpful throughout the stay.We should certainly feel proud of such resources.Once again thank you for the good service.

Gopal..

Room Tip: to be frankly..all rooms is the best..still,i would suggest the rooms that facing the beach..nice vi...