“No Frills but with Great Heart!”
Review of Glory Beach Resort

Glory Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been using the Glory Beach Resort (GBR) once a month for 3 days for the past 1 year. I take groups of 40 to 50 people there for teambuilding sessions each month.

You must be clear why you would go to GBR. If you are looking for a sophisticated or glossy resort; look elsewhere. GBR has no pretensions or illusions of grandeur. It is very comfortable being a workhorse-like 3-star resort, in what I think is the better end of Port Dickson.

What the resort may lack in sparkle, it makes up for, with great heart!

Led by the affable and obliging Isaac Raj, the GM, the resort is staffed by some of the most accommodating and warm staff you can find anywhere. From the bell-hops to the front office staff; from the restaurant staff to the bar staff, the resort somehow has managed to attract and train people who are "willing to go the extra mile". No request is met with a no! Every ask, is obliged.

More than the building or the dated interior or the weekend crowds, the thing that stands out most is the unparalleled service.

Port Dickson is the playground for the masses. Its proximity to Kuala Lumpur attracts droves of weekend holiday makers, especially large families & groups of raucous friends. All the apartment resorts in PD are filled to the brim each week. Unless you are willing to pay a premium or top dollar, you will only get mid range resorts with mediocre or poor service.

Glory Beach Resort stands out as gem in PD being a mid range resort with exceptional service!

Book it! Don't think anymore!!

Room Tip: Ask for Block C
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ShSuKL

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I left my video camera in the cafeteria one day and totally forgot about it. Only realize it after a day or so. Called the hotel to look for the video camera and happens that one of the staff took it and kept it for us. We have been staying in Glory Beach Resort every month for almost 3 years. We find the staff very honest, helpful and friendly. Very good service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sasa231777471
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I left behind a short pants and belt still intact to it on 2/12/2012. I just realized that I left it behind on 5/12/2012. Called the hotel on 5/12 and staff from housekeeping promised to look for it and tell me the findings on 6/12. I even write an email directed to the housekeeping manager. I received a call on 6/12 as promised and said they didnt find anything. A pants with belt wont just disappear into the air, and the fact that the room is unoccupied since 2/12 to 5/12, the item should be found. Without cctv on their corridor to monitor their workers, anyone could have clean the room, took it and claimed they didnt found it. I emailed the manager again and even today as I'm writing, I haven't received any response. So I called again and demanded a better answer from the hotel, a guy from frontdesk promised this matter will be raised to the GM. On 7/12 around 8pm i called the hotel again since i didnt received any response from them. Around 830pm the manager on duty called me and said he's going to look into this matter. I didnt expect to found my favourite pants and belt, but the way they handle things is very unprofessional and hospitality is at the lowest. I wonder if everything left by the guest is considered non valuable and thrown away. But since the pants and belt is not cheap, maybe the cleaner consider it as a gift?

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank Comotosan
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Had a team building session here. Basic facilities for meetings, company training etc but overall budgetwise was ok.

The swimming pool is best described as a communal pool as it is overly crowded with people.

Apartment was bit rundown and dusty in certain rooms. Apartment facilities was all functional and nothing grand.

Food was ok - tummy well fed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank sanyALGER
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great place, especially on the turtle hatchery center.. Great place for a BBQ till late to 12pm. The management team of Mr. Isaac is great with hospitality and warm welcome. Right until check-in to the point upon checking out, they ensure we did have a memorable exprience and try their best to accomodate guest needs.

Room Tip: The Only Turtle Hatchery Center within the vicinity. Good to bring kids and family to really touch a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TJ J
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We decided to have our short famlily getaway at Glory Beach Resort PD. During check in was smooth even they are running 97% occupancy. Their front office staff was so helpful and not to forget their bellman services. We planned to have the BBQ dinner during at night but unfortunately its raining, but the F&B staff are managed to find us a covered place where we can have our BBQ dinner (Even it is a last minute arrangement). Thank you so much to the General Manager giving us opportunity to have fun among our family members to have a memorable BBQ nite. Glory Beach Resort such a good place to bring your family to hang out. We will definately come back for our next family getaway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RynaSharif
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Silver Events& Training conducted a team building session here and we are happy with the service and support from the staffs. good facilities for meetings, company training, family outing or just relax by the pool. We plan to make Glory Beach Resort as one of our main training venues. We also plan to support with out door activities, such as paintball, flying fox, abseiling, wall climbing, obstacle course and other team building activities. Anyway I'm taking my wife there to laze around the pool. My son loves the turtle releasing night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business