“What a shock”
Review of Glory Beach Resort

Glory Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The photos representing this place looked almost good, but I have no idea when they were taken because the place looks nothing like them. The beach is a veritable cesspit. The food is abominable, the swimming pool is overcrowded and a river of urine since all the kids relieve themselves in it. The rooms are pretty awful and it is stuck out in the middle of virtually nowhere. I felt sorry for the staff who were as helpful as was possible for them to be in this sinking ship of a place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank ian n
There are newer reviews for Glory Beach Resort

Reviewed June 7, 2012

General Comments:
The resort is not maintain, not able to handle big crowd during peak season. Service is slow, rubbish does not pick up on time causing flies at restaurant, lobby all over the place. No proper rubbish chamber and worker, rubbish thrown at fire escape staircase and when they collect rubish in the evening they used passanger lift, just imaging you and your family have to suffer the smell. Swimming pool is mulky, not clean for kids to swim. Overall place is dirty.

Apartment;
Run down apartment, not very clean. bathroom leaking and tap broken. tv receiver is not clear.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Viva_329
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst accommodation that i've been. Leaking ceiling, dirty room, smelly bed, a wardrobe that almost fell-off with 1 leg missing....the list goes on and on and on...
To sum it up: AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST!

• Stayed: May 2012
8  Thank hrlbhr
Reviewed May 6, 2012

so, here it was, my friends and I organized a pre-graduation night here. we stayed for 2 days and 1 night. I love the view and the most important thing is the hospitality by the management of Glory. they help me and my friends a lot and they were friendly too! go on here if you are planning to organize any events. the creative decorations, delicious food and great hospitality will surely make you remember all the moments you had there!

just in case Glory management is reading this, good job guys!!! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lyana_fuzi
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We lasted two hours before checking out. We got there and our room had prison style bars over the door. That should have warned us. A dead bat was on the floor that had been there for some time. We had booked a three bedroom apartment and both toilets leaked. The rooms were very tired, but can't say more as we did not stay on the rooms for more than 10 minutes total. We originally thought that our stay is only for a day and a half, we will put up with it. We decided to go downstairs to the pool bar, that was advertised - to find that this had clearly not been operational for some time. We had a swim, but the water was cloudy, (my son and I both were sick the next day). We then went to the playground, which stunk of raw sewerage. The hotel was being renovated, but no mention of this prior. We endeavoured to order food and drinks by the pool and was told no. We then checked out! It was so bad that it was like a bad movie. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and is absolutely the worst place we have ever stayed, (even for only two hours). The hotel did refund our money, but then put us as a "no show" for our booking so we were charged anyway.

Room Tip: Simply don't go
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Stennymum
Reviewed April 5, 2012

i stay at glory beach resort last week wit my family it really enjoyable,the hotel gt function "earth hour" as well...gt free show at "kokomo",my kids luv apache fireshow so much!!!we have a great wweekend...

Room Tip: choose at Blk 'c' bcz it facing sea @ swimming pool bt wil a bid noisy at morning bcz of poo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ChEnn46
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Well it was a total surprise for me to read all the negative comments on the Tripadvisor here BUT...Yet i took the chances and tried the place and it turn out to be such a wonderful place to have our break away from home..I just don't BELIEVE WHAT I READ TILL I EXPERIENCE IT MYSELF...!!!!

I did face some minor difficulties at the beginning here but all i have to do is to Look For The Right Person and Voice it out to solve my problems (Supv or Management) and the most amusing thing was my matter was taken care far beyond my expectations....such a wonderful management and staff..

My stay here with my family and friends turns out to be one of the memorable one since there was alot of activities going around here......my family enjoyed the games sea sports, mini theme park, turtle'ssssss..... and the pool but we the adults had much fun with the bands and the management... who seems to be very customer oriented.....They really know how to take care each and individual guest.....

I have stayed in many places at many places and most of the resorts and hotels but i find it Glory is categorized as one of the best and i am very sure to recommend to others.....The moral of my experiences here is there is nothing that the management and staff cannot do as long as we speak up and voice it out....

Bravo Glory Beach resort and Thank you for everything that was given to us to my family and friends...I will be back....

Room Tip: The best place i have enjoyed with my family and friends....Do try it and you would know better and...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends