“Enjoyable but don't expect too much!”
Review of Hotel Legacy

Hotel Legacy
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
kuala lumpur
“Enjoyable but don't expect too much!”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I went there for R&R with my husband and 2 children. My family loves the beach, after a bad stay at another hotel, the Le Paris beach is a welcome sight. It was right at our door step - we had a blast of time there. After the beach, we would hit the swimming pool. That became our routine during our 4d3n stay. Food? Don't complain - bfast was so-so - the typical toast with butter, marmalade, strawberry jam, sausages with baked beans, scrambled eggs (looked cuddled, not scrambled) and the usual fare of nasi goreng with chix rendang, rice porridge with condiments, and lastly cereal with cold milk. Not a grand bfast fare but the kids were not complaining. I suggest for lunch and dinner you can go out and explore the town. There was a newly opened Medan Selera offering ikan bakar - RM40 for a complete meal! And there was also a satay stall 'Pangeran Satay' just a little bit up the road before Teluk Kemang - this guy's satay is worth every ringgit you spent. I saw 3-4 tourist coaches stopping at the road side and loads of tourists queing up for satay.

Activities wise - we enjoyed our bowling session, the Game Room was closed as they were still waiting for their gaming license to be renewed. TV? Just ok, we watched the compulsory news, the children watched their TV shows (only Disney channel), so nobody was upset.

I would definitely come back there again - staff was polite; they could do with a bit of training though. Knowledge of in-room menu would also come in handy.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank mamaismail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed November 20, 2010

It has at least 3 names - quite confusing. The name Le Paris Hotel & Resorts is very deceiving. It does not have any "international" value. Booked a 2-bedroom apartment. Check-in was fast and friendly. Enter the room - no electricity! I have to switch on the main switch outside the door myself. Enter the bathroom, there were only two towels instead of four. Have to call reception twice to get additional towel. No one picked up 'house-keeping' phone extension. Room is quite OK but a bit old and not been properly refreshed. Sliding door to the balcony cannot be locked. TV - only very few local channels, not very good reception. Good sea view. But it is too near to the oil refinery platform. Beach front - very short run. Cannot do long walk. a number of platform and stationary ships a few hundred meters away in the sea. Two dogs running around on the beach. Breakfast - not too bad for locals. Not much choices though. Check-out was fast and not bad.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank PDVisitor

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Shah Alam
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I went there for 2D1N stay. Unfortunately when I went there, it was the monsoon season. Therefore I was not able to enjoy the pool and the beach. The room was quite big but very 'empty'. I think it used to be a good hotel but now it's old. The refrigerator was empty, no complimentary mineral/drinking water provided. I don't experience any bug attack but the sound of the wind blowing from the sea was quite scary at night. The restaurant was pack but I noticed the staff will always keep refilling the food when it's empty. Which I think it's a good thing. Overall, for a small budget stay, this hotel is ok and so so.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Doyone
Malaysia
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I stayed here for 2D 1N days with my family on a holiday on end of September 2010 . .

The biggest disappointment for this hotel is the staff, the hotel looks very tired, the main lobby it is so dry... when I had arrived there was no one to help me to get the luggage from my car, once unloaded my luggage and starting looking around for someone, a bellboy came.

The room was clean but as I did enter the room my son did spot a cockroach I saw it cowling near the closet I was attempted to get the room changed but as we all were so exhausted from the very long journey, we decided to rest ...fortunately during our stay that was the one only time we spotted a pest.

The breakfast buffet replenishment was a disaster, there was always something missing or to wait for, I had to wait long time to get a glass then there was no orange juice, or wait and ask for bread rolls… The quality of the food was poor chicken curry were tough, tasteless, orange juice always tested different, sausages were poor....bread rolls were changing every day from very good to worst.

Service so inattentive, tables were left uncleared for long time, I had to ask for coffee all the times some time the coffee was not hot enough?.... Their main restaurant has very old furniture, no table cloth, paper napkins were changing size day by day (thank you so much for the international chain standard), the floor was so dirty.

Something that really bothered me is the staff the only staff greeted me was at the check in and check out, I came across with so many staff never anyone said Hello... I cannot believe that i had spotted the front office head ( chinese guy with tie ) was scolding his staff in the middle of receptionist counter??? Wondering if he think he is so professional or good enough to hold the position??

This is not at all what I had expected from Le Paris International Hotel, far behind from the Asian hotel hospitality.
If you do not mind begin neglected from the staff and have your breakfast to your luck then it is the place to go.

I will not go back there again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank kitson_lim
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Went there during the school holidays, so the price was a little higher than usual.
We got the Executive suite at RM205. 2 things I really liked about the room was the view, right in front of the sea, it was spectacular. Secondly was the space, we got a very spacious room. Funny thing was, the TV was not in front of the bed, it was near the door and we had to sit on the not so comfortable sofa to watch the world cup.

I would say the hotel was a little old, the lift was super slow and when we come out of the lift, you see the extra beds lying around, not a very good first impression. Reception was just ok, could be a little more friendly. The location was quite far away from the central, had to drive a long way to reach. Overall, it was an OK experience, perhaps its because we did not have too high expectation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ruth_stephliew
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I just checked out a moment ago and I got to say. THIS IS REALLY BAD.

I was there for a church camp and it was bad.

1st the name wasn't totally change and it is kind of confusing when it's front door is written Le Paris and its big neon sign Costa Rica.

The water was yellowish (tap water) constantly for the duration we were staying there. (4 days 3 nights) And can you imagine that's the same water they use to serve us with?

The pool is dirty. Of course this is hard to blame because many people swam in that pool.

The beach was so-so. It wasn't white sand beach but I still can live with that as the beach is generally that type all over PD.

The air condition in the hall was below average. It was very stuffy. They did try to improve it by adding extra fans which one big fan just decided it was its time and it hit the grill and the blades snaps giving everyone a shocker. Good thing it did not hit any one.

2 of my youth got pick pocketed in their compound. Although it was partially their fault by leaving their property unattended but the management just told us they can't do anything about it when we reported to them. We asked about the CCTVs in the hall and they say it isn't working.

The card to the room always gave up and we had to constantly replace them at the counter.

The lifts are too slow and when they open, the close immediately after 2 seconds. It was like trying to eat up people.

The food area obviously could not cater to large groups and during our stay there was like probably 600-1000pax

Bottomline. Avoid it. there are better hotels around. Seriously.

• Stayed June 2010
3 Thank Elluminate
Shah Alam
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Location: not average / Staffs: very stingy to smile / Room: 90s style and many things need to be done especially air-conditioned and bathroom / Facilities: swimming-pool so dirty even the water looks so green / Breakfast: bad / Note: no porter to help carry our luggage.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family