“Nicest beach in town, but their rooms need a fresh look!”

Bayu Beach Resort Port Dickson
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nicest beach in town, but their rooms need a fresh look!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to re-visit Bayu Beach Resort, our first stay was back in 2008, and we enjoyed our stay there.

With a pretty competitive rate of above RM200 for the studio room, the hotel does not have much to offer. The pool and the beach was the only things that scored points on my list.

Although the room was very spacious, it was very worn out, the sheets were not clean, and the furniture inside were all tired looking. I was willing to compromise with the condition of the room, but when the air condition started to drip and tiny pieces of ice fell out from the aircon, we actually broke out into laughter. So when we woke up in the morning, we had a wet floor and a well-soaked floor mat.

Breakfast for 2 was included in the room rate, and it was a simple fare of continental and Asian food, no complaints on that. After another walk on the beach, we checked out, and I don't think I will be returning to this hotel anytime soon - unless I hear of a refurbishment. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank AmandaThooi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I like this resort very much because it give superb excellent vacation to me and my hubby.. =).. i found that the beach are so beautiful and yet very fascinating view.. We spent 2 day 1 night in here, so i felt very dissapointed because the next week,me and my hubby have to go to work.. But i will came back in here... maybe soon.. Thanks because fulfill my dream =)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ainsamchong
kl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I would like thank Azie-Receptions at Bayu Beach Resort for her excellent service granted to my family. For the management of Bayu Beach Resort u have a hardworking staff who give her best door service to the customer. My family decided to come again to this resort again in future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank bollywood3
Johor Bahru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Average class resort. Value for money...dont expect to get 5 star ambience if ur only paying half the price of an expensive resort. I am not that hard to please..as long as all basic facilities are available..its ok.i might come here again considering the nice beach n spacious room n my kids r happy.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Reenzack
Fraser's Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was there from 2nd - 4th May 2012 (Room 419)...It was a great resort for my family & me...The room was clean, It was a 1 Queen beded & a single beded....so the toilet & the swimming pool, it was clean too......Nice variety complimentary breakfast...Staff greetings was also good...Huge parking space...Quite & a nice place to rest...Hope could come back to stay again, but hopefully with a reasonable rate as the 2 days was a complimentary stay from Gleneagles Hospital....Ezanee Tawil / Fraser's Hill...010-291 8585

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank EzaneeTawil
Melaka, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Having travelled to well over a hundred countries and had much experience in living in hotels I consider this one to be at the low/lower end of the scale. It is very obviously not value for money and I have had better rooms in the expensive Bukit Bintang area of KL more cheaply than Bayu Beach Resort. In my room (1) the shower head was broken (2) shower bracket loose on the wall (3) water heater not working - cold shower only (4) 2 x electrical sockets broken. The television is national programmes only and picture quality so bad that it was not worth watching. There was a kitchen - but no cooking facilities. The inclusive breakfast was so bad that I walked into the restaurant once - had a glass of juice and then walked out - never went back. I had had to pay for my 3 weeks stay up front and the money was charged to Mastercard in seconds. I left early. Don't even consider getting any money back if you leave early - once they have it then it is gone forever. They even charge to replace coffee sachets in the room ! I am puzzled as to how people accept such low standards. Definitely not recommended - look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
12 Thank John C

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We went for our church's youth group outing. The price is very good, and the management is very reasonable when it comes to youth groups. However, I would NOT be in Bayu Beach for a romantic/family getaway. In view of that, it would be really bad.

I've been to this hotel on at least three different occasions. Two of them was with my wife. The service is quite good, but the hotel's condition is terrible. The upkeep is not good at all. Cleanliness of the rooms were very terrible. Had lizard droppings on the bed, stains on sheets, etc... Just very very GROSS!!! The pool was so filthy too. The breakfast area, oh my, will make you feel like you're at a prison camp. Its very very messy and unhygienic. Again lizard droppings on tables & chairs. Very very disgusting & dirty.

If the hotel bucks up on their cleanliness & upkeep, this would be a very good place! I hope the management would do something about it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends