All reviews executive studio premium room sea view fish feeding nice view outdoor activities flying fox lobby area banana boat single bed peak season big room f b water sports nice beach coffee house yacht
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

The website pictures look lovely, however, the rooms are a bit dated and need maintenance. Our sink was broken and leaked all over the bathroom floor, the bathroom doors were very difficult to lock. The pool was full of some sort of green algae and closed.
Around 1 am we were woken by a maintenance man hammering and repeatedly ringing on our door to fix a broken tv, we had not reported a fault with our tv.
We had a few friends staying at the hotel who were also disappointed with the standard of their accommodation.
We were due to stay two nights but checked out after one night, we were refused any sort of refund on the second night.
Views from the hotel were quite nice and breakfast was pretty decent but the hotel was not cheap and I think you can probably find a much better option in the Port Dixon area for the same price.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear livinginKLMalaysia,

We would like to thank you for posting your review of Avillion Admiral Cove.

We are obviously disappointed that we let you down during your recent stay please accept our apologies.

Your feedback is very helpful to us which we had ratified it with our Maintenance team. Corrective action had been taken to make improvement and prevent similar lapses in our services.

we appreciate the time you spared to give us your invaluable feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you better on your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed May 4, 2019

What is this? I mean - i've stayed many hotels in my life enough to know that swimming pools shouldn't look like rivers. The pool attendent says its perfectly safe to swim but the pool just looks like a river of algae. He kept convincing that it is safe for us to go into the pool. Safe is 1 thing. Disgusting is another. Overheard the pool attendant telling a family that this is "tumbuhan air" and its perfectly safe but yup. "Tumbuhan air" sounds so legit in a hotel pool right? Every family with kids that came to the pool went back with a dissapointed look. You should be doing a massive clean up with the pool or rather close it. This is dissapointing considering what we paid for. Brought a unicorn float for some "insta worthy" photos only to be rewarded with some "insta worthy" photos. Thanks for the dissapointment.

Spoke to the receiptionist and was replied with a "this is not my department problem and i will escalate this to the manager in-charge". Well done on teamwork, the front-liner also known as the face of Avillion, where customers will go to when face with problems.

Even a small boutique hotel with a tiny pathethic pool is not as disgusting as this. This shows that the water has not move for a long time.

The next day i checked out at 10am, saw them finally cleaning the pool. Was only there for 1 night, thought of having a lovely time with my friends, rented a huge float to have fun, only to waste my money. Every day is an experience for new guest, but your disgusting pool have to just ruin the experience for the guests+family who stayed on that very day. Its okay to close the pool and clean up in the morning, but at 3pm where the pool is greenish and being able to be told by the pool attendant that its okay to swim with the greenish "tumbuhan air"is not okay. 3-stars but acting like 1 star. Judge yourself with the photos attached.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank michyoon

Dear michyoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent visit to Avillion Admiral Cove.

I have read your varied comments and would like to offer our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you've experienced during the stay.

We have cautioned respective department staff concerned and we ensured you that we will improve on our short comings. We have also contacted our pool chemical supplier to investigate the cause of the sudden change in water colour.

Should you decide that you want to stay with us again, we would be grateful for the opportunity to remedy your last stay experience.

Reviewed April 11, 2019

We booked 3 rooms for a night as a stopover from Penang. All we wanted were clean rooms and a nice bed to rest. However as we entered we noticed that the rooms were dirty..not even swept properly. The toilet seat in my room was broken and we had to lift it and keep it aside as it could fall and cause injury.To add to that the bathroom door wouldnt lock.After calling the reception a number of times, someone came to just check after more than an hour and then mysteriously disappeared. It was only when I made a little noise about being so unprofessional that they sent someone to clean and replace the toilet seat and lock. What was supposed to be a restful evening after a long drive turned out to be an unhappy memory. I woudnt recommend this hotel at all unless they spruce up their maintenance. Oh and just to add...their breakfast was pathetic.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear snedenin,

We appreciate the time taken to share with us your experience at the hotel recently.

Our department heads concerned are looking into the areas highlighted for improvement.

Please rest assured that the comfort and needs of our guests are of utmost importance.

Once again, we thank you for writing in and thus giving us the opportunity to improve further.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Dear Avillion Admiral Cove, do take note that you guys are our favourite hotel in PD for the past 5years (or more?)... But it seems that you are all accepting too much of groups (from 1 particular country) and it has turned your hotel very bad. In terms of cleanliness and food. The rooms are still good, however the cleanliness are not as good as before. The sleep quality is average because we can hear every steps and bang from passer bys (you may need to soundproof the doors in level 5). And the pool is now is always murky and dirty thanks to these groups who came from their water sports activity. As we know they have very bad hygenic and low civic, they just dont bother other guests and spitting and blowing their noses in the pool. And to our shock there was a pile of human poop found in the water (this was on 29th March evening) and we can see the management didnt even bother to close immediately and clean the pool right away. The pool water was still murky the next day. And to our surprise too, there was no more raggae music at the pool even when we asked the poolboy (we used to enjoy these extra details). We miss the old Avillion admiral Cove :(

Room tip: Best rooms are the ones with sea view
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Dear reneemeowbaby,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and please accept our sincere apologies that your recent stay was not up to your expectation.

We have taken note of your valuable comments as every feedback is important to us. We also noted areas that we can improve to serve you better and you can be assured that we are taking steps to address the issues that you have pointed out.

Once again, thank you for visiting Avillion Admiral Cove and we hope to have opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was dubbed as my favourite hotel in pd in my review,Aug 2018. Spent 5 nights at sister Avillion,p.d.on Jan 2019,under the new very senior GM..fantastic and enjoyable, so we had high expectation for avillion admiral cove for our latest visit for 3 nights too. Everything was still as before,polite check in staff,cheerful and efficient,warm welcome from chefs of the restaurant led by the outstanding exuberent portuguese executive chef ..great buffet; room was nice and clean..bell boy and security were all helpful,parking was easy,fantastic views too.Next day,house keeping not done even at 3pm,so went down to request for one at reception. Met by frosty hostile looks from senior manager,Dolly who we knew all along as a nice person for well over 10 years as a Frequent Loyal Client of Avillion hotels chain. The hot water heater was behaving erratically,so later in the evening,politely reminded her (she was standing at the counter) of this. Reply from her, the Manager in Charge of Rooms..".don't seek help from reception,we are not in charge of heater, ring up maintenance office yourself!Just now re your request for house keeping,you should ring the house keeper yourself in future, reception is not responsible,we have complied with housekeeping,so ? I am NOT responsible for house keeping and hot water heaters!"All spoken nastily..When I disagreed with her emphatically ..her retort.." There is something Not right with you!!" OMG,such nastiness and arrogance!
A shouting match ensured unfortunately and she was shouting back and forth with me for a many many minutes.... like an uncouth fishmongress in the wet market! Oh my oh my. ..Disgracefully unprofessional behaviour! I was really really furious by this time,which hotel guest treated in such circumstances wouldn't? Then,something really shocking from her.."I said that I'm responsible for housekeeping and the heater,so why are you so upset?" My my my; PUSING PUSING,TWIST AND TURN!! My wife told her that PREVIOUSLY service was very good, and another TWIST from Dolly...Looked at me fiercely and shouted.,"There you are,even your wife says MY service is very good" By that time,a small crowd of employees were listening to the altercation,induced by this senior manager,and I tried to explain my position to them, but before walking away,Dolly shouted at us. ,"So now you resort to complaining to SUBORDINATE staff" ...well well well.. Marie Antoinette VIP senior manager indeed! Can someone someone please explain to all faithful and frequent guests,like both of us(medical Drs) what is going on at your hotel LATELY please?

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank LimC929

Dear LimC929,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

Thank you also for your compliments on our front desk staff’s excellent service and Executive Chef. Such positive comments will surely motivate us in our mission to make our guests happy with their stay.

We noted on the incident and we will act on your valuable input. We will bring these to the attention of our head of departments for their actions.

Whilst we understand your sentiments, we hope for another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience to you should you choose to stay with us again.