“Chillax-ing holiday!”

Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Before I came here, I read some pretty bad reviews about this place but since I needed a short getaway, I gave it a chance anyway.

I am here to tell u that all those that said nasty things bout the hotel ain't true. I came at 2.30pm and my room (Straits studio) was already ready for me to check in. The girls at the reception was smiling at me the whole time and checked me in super quick! So those that said the girls are not nice- maybe perhaps u could smile a little as those ladies are human too (duh).

The room... The view... Wow!! For a rather old hotel, It's still pretty well kept- and the tv reception was clear unlike most hotels... They had good channels like Nat Geo and Fox Movies....

Breakfast was nice as I sat outside and it was cooling and clean. Although the breakfast selection was limited, I am not one to complain as it has all that one usually needs - western, Asian and even vegetarian styled food: the salad was fresh and the staff constantly came to clean the plates.

Checking out was a breeze too. Took me less than 2 mins....

So yeah... Loved it! Really took my mind off the bustling city!! ^^

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank May W
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for your review and kind words regarding your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest and we are happy that you liked your stay. We will share your compliments with the rest of our team.

We hope to serve you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Avillion Admiral Cove

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have a room on a Sunday to avoid the weekend crowd. The last time I was here on a public holiday, the reception was in chaos unable to cope with the amount of the customers.

I have the top floor Straits view studio for the balcony and view. You can open the sliding door for fresh breeze and it was quite windy on a clear day.

The room was very spacious and the bed was large and comfortable. There is an extra day bed by the balcony as well. TV is mounted on the wall, perhaps a little too high for comfortable view from the day bed or from the bed room itself.

Toilet was clean and has toiletries (body wash, shampoo, body lotion, comb, shower cap). Heater needs 10 minutes of warming up.

Water boiling kettle was clean with 2 bottles of complimentary mineral water. There is a small fridge as well.

Iron and safe is also provided in the room.

Beach is next door, about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Beach was fairly clean by PD's standard, with various water sports activities available. A few sun chairs are available on the beach as well, not sure if it's the hotel's property.

All in all, this hotel is a good deal considering other hotels in the area are pretty old and not as well maintained.

Room Tip: Highest floor for best view. Straits view studio
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the stay and appreciated the beautiful view, the spacious room and large bed, and the overall cleanliness. We will share your compliments with the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Reserve a room through booking.coms in Avillion Admiral cove at the view wing and only thing i can say is all abt Cons..

Cons..

1) The room i stayed aren't maintain well with dust at almost all corner of the door
2) Front desk officers aren't friendly and they don't even greet their customer like me, especially while we are walking passing them
3) no wifi in the room and only in the lobby of the hotel
4) need to switch on the hot water for 10 minutes before showering
5) the worst of all, a basin rite in-front of your bed..i think the hotel call it pantry but i am just annoyed to see one in front of your bed and it's so old and looks run down.
6) lunch buffet tht i had in their hotel - traders shop..food taste dam horrible and need to improved on the taste wise..
7) Bathroom door aren't able to lock

And for sure i will not come back here until the hotel renovate their rooms with modern design

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Patricia V
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel pursuant to your stay with us recently.

I have shared your comments with our team who will seriously look into the matters highlighted in your review. Our apologies for the inconveniences that may occur throughout your stay.

Nevertheless, we hope that this experience will not deter you from returning and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Despite my initial reservations and the negative reviews here, this turned out better than I expected.
The pros:
(1) You get lovely views during sunset and sunrise. With the yatches and the beautiful sea to the back of the lobby, the views are worth it.
(2) The animals. I really enjoyed going everyday to play with the rabbits.
(3) Lots of activities to do. From the swimming pool to the gym to the ping pong table and the beach, there's a lot of activities to do.
(4) The rooms are quite big with lots of extra pillows.

The cons:
(1) The food is actually okay but for such a high-class resort, I thought it would be more spectacular. Also, not all the plates are washed cleanly.
(2) The service at the reception is so-so. They don't even put their fax machine nearby and it took a long time for them to receive any fax. Also, why couldn't they have asked my employer to just e-mail instead of asking them to fax only to say after that , that a fax is only temporarily useful?
(3) No wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank pianocello
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

Both your positive and negative comments will be shared with the rest of the team for further improvements towards our products and services.

Thank you once more and we hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stay 2D1N at the Deluxe King room. We like the king size bed and spacious room with day bed.

The hotel is quite famous thus it is packed at the lobby area. Check in was good but we have to wait for the room, until 3:00pm. The staffs at lobby were helpful to help me to handle my luggage, on the day of arrival and check-out. However, check out was long queue, 3 lines with about 5-6people each line. I waited around 20minutes for this. It was also packed with people and their family waiting for check out.

I'm not very happy about guest smoking in the hotel area, especially swimming pool area and board walk, even though they're sign of No Smoking. But no staffs handle this type of situation.
Also, they're customer swimming but not wearing proper swim wear, with t-shift, not a good sight as well. Same, the staffs not handling this.

Kids room should have some toys (I can say none at the moment) rather an empty room with chairs and tables, compare with what I experienced with Bay View, Penang.

The attendance of staffs to fix remote control problem for both TV and air-cond was slow. End up, I figure out how to use the TV remote control and change the battery of air-cond remote to get it working.

Also, there's no ventilation around the corridor to lift area. Well, this is the concept of the hotel design but it could get warm during hot and sunny day. The lifts area small and hard to get people up and down during peak hour.

Overall, still good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank AhJian
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your comments and in sharing your personal experience with us.

We appreciate your invaluable feedback as it's our on-going commitment to continue to assess and improve the quality of our guests' stay. Rest assured that your input has been shared with the rest of the team.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us. We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is hotel is generous with room size and bedding provided.

Tow large single beds enough to sleep one adult and one kid each. Coupled the sofa bed (with much sufficient space still), a room actually cold accommodate 5 (3 adults, 2 kids).

Breakfast is reasonable. The hotel does not have a frontage beach, but a medium sized swimming pool and the view of yacht berthing cove made up for this loss.

The hotel also provides some outdoor activities such as archery, rope climbing and suspension bridge for the more adventurous type.

A medium quality beach is about 5 minutes walk to the right of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank AndrewXJKT
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Warm Greetings ! Thank you for your kind comments which have been shared with all my team members. At the Avillion Admiral Cove we strive towards excellence and satisfaction for all our guest. It's comments like this that continue to motivate our colleagues to excel. We hope to welcome you again to our shores soon.

With Regards.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is my return visit to this hotel and its overall maintenance and upkeep is still very good.
Reception at check-in is tardy and very slow due to high turnover of staff, although they are polite but not efficient and lack product knowledge of its premises. Other than reception hiccups for us and many other FITs, everything is good as staff are familiar with group check in of bus loads of tourists.
The only drawback about this hotel is the location of the restaurant for breakfast as it is located away from the main building where the rooms are located. Guests have to braved through the rain and storm to reach the restaurant whether for breakfast or meals although umbrellas are provided on raining days. Besides this, elderly guests may have difficulty climbing up a steep flight of step to reach the restaurant as there are no elevator and escalator for accessibility.not recommended for physically weak elderly folks.

Room Tip: Request for Sea view room and preferably corner room to noble guests to have view of the sea and clu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ANgiam2013
AACPORTDICKSON, General Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and your recent stay.
I note your comments with regards to check-in. Service is a top priority for us and it is through feedback such as yours, are we able to continuously improve our service touch points.

I look forward to welcome you back to Avillion Admiral Cove soon.

With Regards.