“Value For Money”

Avillion Admiral Cove
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We paid RM 300 per person for a 2-night meeting package. The price was inclusive of accomodation, meals and the use of the meeting room. This was a very reasonable price.
The room was comfortable and I slept well.
However some areas need improvement for e.g. the leaking bidet hose has to be replaced.
Although the room was fumigated before I checked-in, there were still a few tiny cockroaches scurrying on the room floor!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your experience at Avillion Admiral Cove. We are delighted that you see us to be a good value for money spent, however we're sorry to hear that your stay did not completely meet your expectations.

Please be rest assured that I've shared your comments with our Housekeeping Management team in order to address the issue with our engaged Pest Control Company.

Once again we apologize for any discomfort you've experienced during this stay and we hope that you will present us with the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Floor tiles and furnishing were dusty
TV remote control was faulty/weak batteries.
Small pool only.
Buffet breakfast not have so much varieties but tasted good.
You need to walk out of the hotel to access the beach next to the jetty.
Beach was not clean but it was great to be able dig some small clams.
The jetty was a good view and great for morning/evening walks.
Good to have children club to settle children over some colouring or other activities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J Y

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Avillion Admiral Cove.

We really appreciate your positive review on some of the areas however we are sorry to hear that the others was below expectation.

I can assure you that I have passed on your comments to the respective Department Head's to review and correct matters mentioned where necessary.

We hope that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Checked in on the 4th of July. Immediately noted a baby roach on the kitchenette, and the missing tap handle in the bathroom.

The table/desk provided was dusty as well. As we stayed in the room towards midnight, the air-conditioning unit (ACU) decided to make loud and irritating noises, this went on throughout the night. Frustrated, I called the maintenance and they sent someone up. The problem couldn't be fixed and I was offered a room change the next morning.

5th of July, the minibar in my new room was not functioning. Upon calling the technician, I find out that this has been a re-occurring problem for the minibar of the unit that I am staying in, and it could not be fixed. I waited an hour before walking down to the reception to request for a change of mini-bar, as the technician did not get back to me. 20 minutes later, the staff exchanged the malfunctioning unit with a different one.

6th of July, I came back to my room after lunch only to find out that housekeeping made up the room, even though I did not request for it. Nevertheless, I believe this was for the staff to carry out some insect elimination procedure, based only on the flyer that was left on the table. What pissed me off however was that the floor was mopped only once, with soap, the entire floor of the living area remained soapy and slippery until it dried up about an hour later.

What was supposed to be a relaxing, de-stressing trip turned out to be a very frustrating one indeed. Would I return? NO.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Seager S
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I am very much concerned with the inconveniences you brought to our attention; our sincere apologies. It is very important that we find the resolution to this unpleasant experience amicably.

I assure you that we take your comments with all the seriousness and already acted on the point mentioned in your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further comments regarding your experience with us. My direct email is prakash@rpb.com.my

Best regards.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

From the get go this hotel disappointed in more ways than one.

Upon check in I had to reiterate what I had a booked. I would assume the hotel would have all this info already entered into their system seeing as I had booked the rooms 2 weeks back! How hard is it to dissect a booking confirmation email! We booked and paid for an extra bed - receptionist was clueless about this and asked us to cough up for an extra person - not going to happen!. Once we got up to our rooms lugging our 5 bags with a kid in tow , the "cryptic" key card wouldn't work for us. Had to come back down only to be told by the bell boy that the card worked a certain way. Good to know.
Air conditioning was leaking, extra bed was not made up oh and yes the TV was also "cryptic". Remote didn't work and apparently the decoder was placed a certain way on the TV which meant you couldn't surf channels form the comfort of your bed, You had to stand next to the TV to change channels. How convenient.

Breakfast was horrendous with a capital H. We could not get a table in the main restaurant so we opted to sit in the makeshift tent like place which in hind sight was a terrible idea. The table cloth and utensils were dirty , our plates were not cleared , food was cold and below average. Coffee and tea were not replenished . The egg station was dirty and we got no eye contact from the chef. I could go on..

All in all a very disappointing experience . left a very bad taste in our mouths and we certainly won't return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Traveldiva135
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay with us. Although many travelers find Avillion Admiral Cove to be a great place for family and relaxing getaway, with excellent food options and outstanding service, it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations.

I do want to ensure you that your comments were followed up and we are working hard in ensuring consistency in our standards and service delivery overall.

Once again please do accept our sincere apologies and kindly contact me at prakash@rpb.com.my with any further comments regarding your experience with us.

Sincerely.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at a Deluxe Room with my friend for a 3D2N stay. Though it was a seaveiw room, I did find it is really worth for money. The room was big, clean & nice. I liked the seaview of the restaurant & swimming pool. It defintiely gave me a relaxing & comfortable feeling. I am on holiday with sunshine, beach & coconut tree! For the food of buffet dinner and breakfast, just at average level. For the staffs, are nice and helpful. Will recommend my freinds to stay at this hotel if they don't want to spend a lot but want a relaxing resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel rooms are quite nice and roomy, some with spectacular views of the marina and the sea. service was quite nice and friendly by all staff. The only down side is the restaurant is in the next building and if you have anyone with a wheelchair it will be a quite distance to go out of the front and walk around to the next building to access the restaurant, kids room and pool. also, some of the rooms had little cockroaches which were coming out of the draining system in the bathrooms. Leaving on a high note, the room serice food was quite good and tasty.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Du13
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for qualifying our services highly, it's truly our pleasure to know that your stay with us was enjoyable. I am very pleased to learn from this review that you were pleased with our room service items and especially that our staff made a difference providing you excellent service. Nonetheless we're very concerned to learn that you spotted cockroach in your unit. Appreciate if you can let us know your room number for our engaged Pest Control Company to investigate and take necessary action.

It will be an honor to have you as our guest again, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

very relaxing place, has a private beach with clean and clear water. offer variety of water sports. nice ambience.

offer variety of team builidng facilities, with experienced and profressional guidance

Room Tip: great place for family and company event.