“Nice stay”

Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Port Dickson
Klang, Malaysia
“Nice stay”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went to Admiral Cove for our first family vacation with our 5 month old baby....overall,,,a really nice stay with awesome view from our spacious room...immediate check-in..gov discount..clean baby crib given for the baby. Breakfast was also good..nice pool area with shaded trees..baby had her first pool experience there..lovely lobby and grounds for photos....easy access from PD highway...will not hesitate to go again ;)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Resh_8
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay in Avillion Admiral Cove,PD. We're happy to hear that we met your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and it's wonderful to know that it was well received.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, it will be an honor to have you and your family as our guests again.

Warm regards,
Management of Avillion Admiral Cove.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Taiping, Perak, Malaysia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

we spent 1 night here.. we love almost everything about the hotel...the room is nice, clean, spacious and comfy...the staffs are friendly and the service is good. it offers scenic view of the marina...(something different) we d recommend it for those looking for a quiet and peaceful weekend getaway..the only disappointing thing, is the breakfast, not much variety, the food quite bland, and the ommelette is burnt..(they really should do something out it)..the barbeque dinner was superb though!!one of the best we ve had...wish could stay here longer..it would be a perfect place for family day too with lots of activities like archery, wall climbilng, cycling just within walking distance..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hafitasaila
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your generous awarding of score and friendly commentary. As we are deeply committed in achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion and observations are very important to us. Therefore I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay overall.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Best regards,
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family would like to record our heartfelt thanks to the staff and management of Avillion Admiral Cove. From our very first step till we left the hotel, we have been greeted and treated with the most courteous and friendliest way possible.

Except for few things which we would like to point out which the hotel needs to upgrade are the furniture and the electrical appliances which needs a change.

We find it difficult if we need to bring an OKU to the Restaurant area because of the stairs from the hotel and even to reach the Restaurant. Proper rams for wheelchairs should be considered. The Restaurant is located outside the hotel, thereby when it rained, we have to be provided with umbrellas, further its a risk to slippery areas along the walkway. An indoor passage from the hotel to the Restaurant would be much appreciated. The swimming pool is overcrowded with both adults and kids. Would be more enjoyable if the kids have a separate pool.

Having said much about the above, we however, must express here that the hotel maintenance staff did a good, efficient, fast job in room 1005, on friday 16/8 night, to adjust the TV channel.

The front reception gentleman, Mr Irwandy, did an excellent job of checking us in and out. Friendly and very knowledgeable in his duties. I wish i could list the other staffs names as well, all the bellboys, the security guards, gave us their warm smiles whenever we come to meet them. Not forgetting the guard at the most exterior road entrance too.

I must say, i have been all over a number of hotels, but me and my family, have never experienced feeling such warmth, courteous and respectful greetings by a line of staff, shown at Avillion Admiral Cove. How in the world that all these staffs have well good maintained attitudes? We were just wondering if they are well trained or self inborn?

We will definitely come back with our grandchildren sometime these year end school holidays. Looking forward to coming back to our 'home' as how you all make us feel. Thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor (reception floor), straits studio room, view wing, rooms 1004 and 1005...
2 Thank zalehaziz50
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and specially with the excellent services provided by our staffs. Words can't express what it means to us knowing that you had the 'home away from home' experience at Avillion Admiral Cove. This is exactly the way we see our guests, and this is the only way we want you to feel while being our guest.

Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable and names of team member who made every effort to ensure that you have a perfect holiday, are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member; this is our inspiration for success and new achievements. I have already congratulated the members of our staff that you mentioned.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and all recommendations noted graciously.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The place was so peaceful and relaxing. I loved the view from our room over looking the sea. It was clean. the room was spacious but there were only 2 pillows for such a large bed. And I can hear the noise from the other room in the middle of the night. The breakfast was just ok. But I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Beth A
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. It’s great to know that Avillion Admiral Cove has met your expectations in different ways, such as service and specially the comfort of our rooms providing a relaxing holiday. There is always a room for improvement and your comments are very much appreciated. We are looking forward in having you as our guest again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Sincerely.
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is my second time i'm come to this hotel. First time only with my family at Premium Room. But this time, I'm bringing another 2 families here. Booked 3 rooms (2 Strait Studio and 1 Premium Room).

The staff very friendly and helpful. This hotel quiet nice and peaceful.

Breakfast not much choice. I like the Egg Chef on 11th August 2013. Very patient and friendly.

Overall is recommended for Family or Couple who want to relax and feel the sunset Malacca Straits.

Room Tip: Try booked Room 1400 (Strait Studio). Corner Room with good scenery.
2 Thank MoHFiR
Dear Reviewer,

We are completely honored to read that your returned visit to Avillion Admiral Cove was enjoyable and met your expectations. We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

We really appreciate your review and recommendations, we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

i stayed here with my family for a night...this is my second visits here...took a premium room on 8th floor...the corridor is a bit dirty but the room is clean and spacious...the space between the room & the bathroom is quite slippery..my wife and kid both fall in the same places...it would be nicer if the hotel can improved the room by installing carpet to avoid falling...the breakfast is ok & have a limited choices of food...but what i like about this hotel is their beautiful scenery...the surroundings was good & relaxings...suitable environment for those who like to take pictures...nice pool design and there is a small bridges in the middle of the pool...the staff was friendly and always smile...a good place to unwind...

3 Thank uninvitedguest82
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with us. At Avillion Admiral Cove we strive to provide the best experience on the quality of the food and the service and your feedback provides valuable information to support our continuous improvement efforts.
I assure you that all your suggestions were taken into consideration, thank you once again for taking time to give us your opinion.

Should you consider our resort for your vacations in the future, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Were there for 3 days 2 nights with husband and 2yr old toddler. Only stayed at a premier room. Wasn't expecting a relaxing stay b'cause we knew that it'd be crowded n such (Hari Raya & school holidays). But the thing is, it wasn't the crowd that bothered me. Two things made me furious:

1) NOISE NOISE NOISE coming from above. No carpet on the floor so whenever someone moved a furniture (esp when the housekeeping people were cleaning), you could hear it being dragged. And it was really stressful because I couldn't get a good sleep. 2 nights I was there and I couldn't sleep at all! Can u imagine?! I could hear things being dragged/moved even in the middle of the night! Yes, no carpet means less dust and easier to clean BUT seriously, the management needs to do something about this whole non-carpet floors because they cause serious noise problem!

2) Small bugs + cockroaches. My goodness. They were crawling here, there and everywhere in that room! At first 1-2 cockroaches didn't bug me and i tried to ignore. But then it became too much for me to handle. It was stressful enough to deal with the noise. Then with small insects crawling everywhere while you're sleeping? And I was always worried that they'd crawl into the baby's crib and bite my baby!

Pros (reasons why I still stayed n tried to enjoy my stay):

1) The hotel staff seemed kind and helpful.
2) I like the fact that the changing room was very near to the swimming pool.
3) Breakfast was reasonable.

Look, I know that there's no such thing as perfect hotels. BUT PLEASE, we have vacations to relax, unwind and have fun. Not get all stressed out. I'm still very upset with the whole noise thing.

My husband did go to the reception desk to complain. Yes, the hotel staff did try to solve the issue BUT only for a while. Then, the noise came back.

Dear management of Avilion Admiral Cove, PLEASE, you either put carpets on the floor to reduce noise coming from moving furniture OR just throw out all the furniture out the windows.

I'm so stressed out! Never again to this place.

Room Tip: Just make sure that the room floor is covered with carpet!!!!!
9 Thank aieza1002
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us.

I do regret that we did not meet your expectations during the time you spent at our resort; please accept my apologies for inconveniences you mentioned in your valuable feedback.
I assure you that there is nothing more important for us as comfort and satisfaction of every guest is our prime objective. All your comments were taken into consideration, thank you once again for taking time to give us your opinion.

Should you consider Avillion Admiral Cove for your vacations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements at prakash@rpb.com.my

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels