“Worth it for a short escape”

Avillion Admiral Cove
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Worth it for a short escape”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The place was so peaceful and relaxing. I loved the view from our room over looking the sea. It was clean. the room was spacious but there were only 2 pillows for such a large bed. And I can hear the noise from the other room in the middle of the night. The breakfast was just ok. But I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Beth A
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. It’s great to know that Avillion Admiral Cove has met your expectations in different ways, such as service and specially the comfort of our rooms providing a relaxing holiday. There is always a room for improvement and your comments are very much appreciated. We are looking forward in having you as our guest again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Sincerely.
Management of Avillion Admiral Cove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is my second time i'm come to this hotel. First time only with my family at Premium Room. But this time, I'm bringing another 2 families here. Booked 3 rooms (2 Strait Studio and 1 Premium Room).

The staff very friendly and helpful. This hotel quiet nice and peaceful.

Breakfast not much choice. I like the Egg Chef on 11th August 2013. Very patient and friendly.

Overall is recommended for Family or Couple who want to relax and feel the sunset Malacca Straits.

Room Tip: Try booked Room 1400 (Strait Studio). Corner Room with good scenery.
2 Thank MoHFiR
Dear Reviewer,

We are completely honored to read that your returned visit to Avillion Admiral Cove was enjoyable and met your expectations. We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

We really appreciate your review and recommendations, we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

i stayed here with my family for a night...this is my second visits here...took a premium room on 8th floor...the corridor is a bit dirty but the room is clean and spacious...the space between the room & the bathroom is quite slippery..my wife and kid both fall in the same places...it would be nicer if the hotel can improved the room by installing carpet to avoid falling...the breakfast is ok & have a limited choices of food...but what i like about this hotel is their beautiful scenery...the surroundings was good & relaxings...suitable environment for those who like to take pictures...nice pool design and there is a small bridges in the middle of the pool...the staff was friendly and always smile...a good place to unwind...

3 Thank uninvitedguest82
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with us. At Avillion Admiral Cove we strive to provide the best experience on the quality of the food and the service and your feedback provides valuable information to support our continuous improvement efforts.
I assure you that all your suggestions were taken into consideration, thank you once again for taking time to give us your opinion.

Should you consider our resort for your vacations in the future, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Were there for 3 days 2 nights with husband and 2yr old toddler. Only stayed at a premier room. Wasn't expecting a relaxing stay b'cause we knew that it'd be crowded n such (Hari Raya & school holidays). But the thing is, it wasn't the crowd that bothered me. Two things made me furious:

1) NOISE NOISE NOISE coming from above. No carpet on the floor so whenever someone moved a furniture (esp when the housekeeping people were cleaning), you could hear it being dragged. And it was really stressful because I couldn't get a good sleep. 2 nights I was there and I couldn't sleep at all! Can u imagine?! I could hear things being dragged/moved even in the middle of the night! Yes, no carpet means less dust and easier to clean BUT seriously, the management needs to do something about this whole non-carpet floors because they cause serious noise problem!

2) Small bugs + cockroaches. My goodness. They were crawling here, there and everywhere in that room! At first 1-2 cockroaches didn't bug me and i tried to ignore. But then it became too much for me to handle. It was stressful enough to deal with the noise. Then with small insects crawling everywhere while you're sleeping? And I was always worried that they'd crawl into the baby's crib and bite my baby!

Pros (reasons why I still stayed n tried to enjoy my stay):

1) The hotel staff seemed kind and helpful.
2) I like the fact that the changing room was very near to the swimming pool.
3) Breakfast was reasonable.

Look, I know that there's no such thing as perfect hotels. BUT PLEASE, we have vacations to relax, unwind and have fun. Not get all stressed out. I'm still very upset with the whole noise thing.

My husband did go to the reception desk to complain. Yes, the hotel staff did try to solve the issue BUT only for a while. Then, the noise came back.

Dear management of Avilion Admiral Cove, PLEASE, you either put carpets on the floor to reduce noise coming from moving furniture OR just throw out all the furniture out the windows.

I'm so stressed out! Never again to this place.

Room Tip: Just make sure that the room floor is covered with carpet!!!!!
9 Thank aieza1002
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us.

I do regret that we did not meet your expectations during the time you spent at our resort; please accept my apologies for inconveniences you mentioned in your valuable feedback.
I assure you that there is nothing more important for us as comfort and satisfaction of every guest is our prime objective. All your comments were taken into consideration, thank you once again for taking time to give us your opinion.

Should you consider Avillion Admiral Cove for your vacations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements at prakash@rpb.com.my

Travelers are raving about these Port Dickson hotels

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed in A. Admiral Cove for 3 nights. The rooms are very nice and spacious, but could be a little cleaner. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and the Gym was very good. The breakfast buffet was reasonable. A 15 minute drive to PD Center and no Restaurant in walking distance. A very good Hotel to relax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank UlrikeL4
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for this valuable review; no doubt it will be very helpful by the TripAdvisor community to decide the next vacation spot. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our services and facilities.

I'm happy to know that your overall experience was pleasant and we can't wait to welcome you back again to Avillion Admiral Cove, Port Dickson.

Selangor
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I started off from Melaka to PD with excitement.
And with all the reviews, it seemed that the hotel met our taste and budget.

When you drive, I would recommend going through the route M143 and N143 - the scenery is very beautiful as if you're in a peaceful village with pretty trees just like popped out of geographic magazine. The roads are less taken but absolutely worth it.

It was easy to find the hotel, and when I entered the hotel it was all exotic. The port looked very quiet and picturesque, and the lobby was all tropical mood.
The staffs were busy with other guests, and the manage who took care of us was "Philip". He was kind and explained about deposit-back policy. We still don't know why the hotel has the policy because we never had the same thing with other hotels, but you get RM100 deposit back when you check out.

The hotel is a bit old, but the outside is well maintained and they decorated the pool side with thought and care. The pool looks cozy with small bridges and at night you can enjoy dim-light romantic time there as well.

We booked superior twin room, and all the murky smell came out through the entire room which we got used to later. Air conditioner was working well, and we had twin beds. The floor was white and smooth which made the room look bigger. We didn't have the sea view.

We went to have some snack at the Trader's restaurant at the hotel. It's a bit pricey compared to other hotel restaurants we had stayed, but the food was delicious.

This hotel has TV problem in all rooms. You have to use the remote control by standing right next to the TV wall which they have the device on the wall. Take your remote control and press buttons toward the device on the right to change the channels. This makes the remote control useless, since you have to stand right next to the TV to use it anyway.
We called the repairman, and he came and explained how to use the remote control.

Came back to the room after swimming, and we found out that the water was leaking at the bath room under the wash basin. When my husband called the receptionist, a female answered the phone and was a bit rude. And my husband simply asked if they could change the room because he was worried about a foot injury I had. She said it should be done step by step which I was disappointed with her response as it sounded like she didn't care about the injury. But we thought maybe she was a trainee, because they had a new one at the front desk. And the repair man came and checked. He said he'll try to fix it and the housekeeping man will clean up the mess first. Then another housekeeping team worker came and checked and said the repair man should fix it. So we just said ok and I was pretty upset by the time because I almost slipped coming out of the shower because of the leak and my foot injury.

We came down to the lobby and I complained about the matter to the manager "Philip". Even though I was pretty upset with a previous response, he was listening to me to the end with patience and his attitude was very modest and professional and promised us that he'll make sure to solve the problem.

Because of special Hari Raya dinner, the seats of the Trader's were all booked, so we had no choice but going to the bar to order. You can order the food there as well.
I had some headache because of the cigarette smoke. You can smoke at the bar, but it would be great if they had smoking and non-smoking zone separately.
The staff at the bar was really welcoming and friendly. She had a genuine smile which I could feel so comfortable. The food was very delicious and it's quite amount.

When we came back to the lobby, we asked if they fixed the problem. And they upgraded our room to better one with sea view. We really appreciate the manager "Philip" for his quick response, and saved the night. He surely knows how to cope with things at professional hands. We packed our belongings and went to the new one.
The room was much more spacious, and everything was cleaner and neater. And no murky smell. We absolutely enjoyed the night there. No leaking problem either.

We'll visit the hotel again next time for sure!

You can also enjoy outdoor activities such as banana boat, bike, snorkeling etc. etc.
When you walk to the beach, you have to be careful of the sand flies. I got bitten...and ouch!
You can see the tiny cute crabs near the beach as well.

6 Thank soul4u79
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments like yours that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our guests. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. Please be rest assured that proper measures have been taken to avoid future discontents regarding matters mentioned.

We are glad to know that after talking to our Duty Manager,Philip everything was done to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as we always meant it to be, as I know that solutions were found to change your experience to a positive one, I hope we will be reading your next review on Trip Advisor soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I must give praise to the Avillion Admiral Cove's staffs though, they still try to serve you well even if you could see them sweating like crazy especially those ladies in their make-up since their lobby has no air conditioned. The management should really start considering setting up proper air conditioned for the sake of the staffs' welfare and get rid of the open air concept as it's not suitable for hot weather in Malaysia.

Here comes the final verdict! To be honest, I enjoyed my stay there, it was short and sweet. The surrounding was very well-kept and everything looks neat and clean. The customer service was good too! All their staffs were friendly and helpful whenever we needed something. Despite the old furniture, there's nothing much to complain about as the place is clean, cosy and that naturally tops everything else in the list.

Check out my photos and detailed reviews in my blog here: http://bit.ly/16sHX9f

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Yihchien Y
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We are completely honored to read that your visit to Avillion Admiral Cove was enjoyable and met your expectations. We strive to make every stay as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. We are very grateful for your comments about the work of our staff; let me assure you that this recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.