“Not too bad, but could be better”

Avillion Admiral Cove
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Port Dickson
Hobart, Australia
“Not too bad, but could be better”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I booked a Superior twin room on a two night special promotion for about RM350.

It was quite good value for money.

The room was quite spacious with a good views over the marina and ocean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool and grounds were very well maintained. Security was excellent. The buffet breakfast was good (but not fantastic).

However, there were a few things that let it down.

The toilet and sink leaked (they were repaired immediately when I advised staff of this though). The decor was starting to look a little tired and worn. I didn't have my own transport so felt contained within the resort. There is a kiosk where you can buy small bits and pieces but I was advised that it wasn't operating.

All in all it was OK and I couldn't complain for what I paid. However, I wouldn't call the Avillion Admiral Cove a great luxury resort. It's the little things that make the difference in the end.

Room Tip: Check the hotel's own website for current promotions.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank spiderfernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We checked in on a saturday afternoon, and the hotel was running busy with 2 mini groups and the usual leisure guests. After waiting for about 15 mins to check in, we were assigned to a room that had a noisy a/c and sticky floor. I went down to the front office and requested for a change of room, hoping that they will upgrade us, but as they were running full, they only switched us to a higher floor.

The room is very spacious, furnished with a king sized bed and a day bed at the side of the window, it was more than enough for 2 of us. The room is equipped with an old fashioned a/c(the kind that we usually have in our house) and a ceiling fan. One feature that i really liked about the room, is a wash basin next to the kitchenette. It is very thoughtful and practical, we need to dash into the toilet to wash our hands, cups and saucers, especially fruits.
The hotel breakfast was simple, but i loved their toaster, i made sugar and butter toast. The coffee house provides both inside and outside seatings for breakfast, we chose to sit oursite facing the blue sea. After breakfast, we even spotted a sea turtle! Aren't we lucky?

PD is a quiet town for relaxation, and it's very important to have a nice hotel room to rest and relax in. A very enjoyable stay, and i will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to request for a seaview, watching the sunset and the dock is a lovely experience
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Booked a straits studio room. room is very spacious and clean. however, furniture shows signs of ageing...the "room key" is very unique..with holes instead of the usual magnetic card.... the "room key" which is unique cause the room to be difficult to open.. my room #1005 has a very water view. got the room at a very low rate, thus it was definitely worth it.. buffet breakfast and dinner werent very fascinating but still ok.. I guess the beautiful view supersede everything else... :)
the hotel is isolated. If u want to get anything from outside... be prepared for a long walk... nothing much to do in the resort as prices of everything is marked up

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stumbled upon this hotel when i was in PD ... staying elsewhere. As usual I like to wander around the area trying to find new things that I might miss.

Anyway, another trip to PD, i choose to try this hotel. Apart from the good rate that we got due to weekdays and low season. i choose to upgrade to deluxe as well.

The room was HUGE!!! But no bath tup.... But the shower is great.
We got the garden view looking over the beach... there are 2 single and 1 day bed. I take another baby cot and it fit us nicely.

Since this is just a de-stress trip... no internet access is ok for us. We kill time taking the kids for bycycle ride... playing with the rabbit ... the pool... the game room... playing with the sands and sea etc. There are also archery for those who wanted to try that.

Room is nice. The location is a bid secluded. If you are on a business trip... go elsewhere. The food is no good here. Go elsewhere also. Lots of other place is available and cheaper.

For those shutterbugs.... this is a great place to shot.

Room Tip: Nego for a higher room floor.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank arinzasmy
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed in the superior room. Room is big, spacious but furniture show of old age. There isnt any old water available too. As the venue is alittle off the town, we were like 'trapped' in the resort. If you arent into water sport, there is basically nothing to do in the resort. No free wifi in the room. Only free wifi available in the cafe n pub.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank joeve23
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I only stayed for a night, which I have booked through Agoda as my friends and I were in PD for go-kart and ATV.

Location
It is along the beach, together with many other hotels and serviced apartments.If you drive out, along the way about 5 mins, there is a night market nearby a petrol station that you can shop and buy food, if on a budget. Generally,I like the location as it is convenient, if you have a car.

Room
I stayed at the wing, facing the carpark. The new vista east wing room is very spacious, especially the Deluxe and there is even a reclining sofa for you to sit and flat screen 32 inch TV. The bathroom is not too small but nicely done with a so-called rain shower.The only thing is that I wished they have at least 2 dustbin instead of one only.

Facilities
I didn't get the chance to use their facilities but there is a tennis court, ping pong table, Eco-centre whereby you can rent bicycles on hourly basis, a considerably nice swimming pool overlooking the marina itself. They have a private beach next to it. which you need to walk out. The beach is clean compared to the public beaches there but water wise, is not clean, as we know.

Dining
I only tried their coffee house for breakfast. For RM25++, you get mixture of continental and local spread such as nasi lemak, porridge, cereals, breads and croissant, char kuey teow,sausages, fruit juices, fruits. Basically, you get for the price you pay.

Overall, I enjoyed staying at the hotel as I hear it is one of the better ones along the area compared to others and would come back again to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank mnmx
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Went there for a 1 day trip and it was not the best hotel but not that bad either. Everyone was friendly and the room was just nice. A good place to relax but sadly the food needs a big buck up as majority of their own food are tasteless, salty or undercooked. Other than that, not much of a complain.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends