Avillion Admiral Cove
  • Pool
$74
$62
Agoda.com
Lexis Port Dickson(Port Dickson)
$104
$94
Agoda.com
Merlin Hotel(Port Dickson)
$22
$19
Eagle Ranch Resort(Port Dickson)
$32
  • Breakfast included
$40
$32
Priceline
Avillion Port Dickson(Port Dickson)
  • Pool
Bayfront Hotel(Port Dickson)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspremium roomexecutive studiosea viewfish feedingnice viewspacious roomoutdoor activitieslobby areaown transportrain showerswimming pool ispeak seasonf bsized bedbanana boatnice beachpd town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2011

hi, been to Admiral Cove last weekends, receptionist were friendly enough to arrange for another rooms when she found out our rooms were not ready and need to wait for 30 mins. She's kind enough to arrange for other rooms after i told her we're travelling with elderly and two young toddlers. service ok, but cleanliness of the rooms ne...ed to be improved, could see stains and spots on bedsheets, blanket, daybed and floor. The air-cond is extremely noisy and our whole family couldn't sleep well, my kids been waking up several times throughout the night due to the noisy air-cond. Fan is too strong and no remote control is provided to control the speed.

Brought our daughter to the beach but there were flies everywhere.

I hope i won't see such disappointments if i were to visit there again.

othere than those above, service ok, friendly staff, nice view and room design, breakfast average.

Room Tip: Book rooms with seaview.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Vanessa_Yeo
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for business trip. & quite basic & clean. The room space is huge & the bathroom was clean.
Professional service. Not a great bargain in terms of pricing especially during peak hours.
Good stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We went for a night stay during the school holiday, we could only get the executive suite as other rooms are not available. we came as 2 adult and 2 children.
The pangkin day bed is useful for one of our children, but they don't have any extra mattress provided in their services, so the 3 of us had to squeeze into the king size bed.

The rooms are nice and clean and modern but we need to request the internet cable that is limited if needed to use the internet in the room, we only could get one by the time we were checking out. How disappointing.

The children pool was small and could not cater for all, and the hotel lobby would be wet as all the patron of the hotel need to pass the lobby to go the rooms after a dip into the pool!!!

The beach was quite a walking distance, the hotel should have provided a small gate to access to the beach without going through the parking lot and the main entrance.

Breakfast area could not cater to all patron in one seating, we had to wait for 7 minutes for a table is ready. Food ok...

i felt that the design was not intentionally for a hotel, but a apartment that was turned into a hotel, that is why it has some odd layout for hotel.

But the view of the sea was amazing from our room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cokataci
Reviewed February 21, 2011

First of all, while this is not a very posh or luxurious hotel, it is very affordable. I don't know what some people meant by paying very high prices...this hotel cost us about $100 (US) for an executive suite....we stayed for the Chinese New Year, en route to Malacca. Not budget prices, but certainly not offensive.

What I liked:
1. It was affordable, given that our room seemed newly refurbished and quite pretty...maybe we got lucky :-)
2.The private beach was clean and relatively quiet
3. The surroundings were nice and pleasant
4. The Coco Grove restaurant at the Regency next door

In our experience, there was some delay when we checked in, but we arrived at a very clean and charming room, with a lovely view. There is no bathtub, but the bathroom is spacious, clean and properly-stocked with toiletries and towels every day. The TV is small, but who goes on holiday for the TV anyway?

What I didn't like:
1. The beds were a bit hard...
2. The hotel was packed during our stay, lots of tourist families...and during the night I could hear doors slamming and kids running around :-/
2. Limited food options (thank God for the Coco Grove nearby)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chimenebelen
Reviewed February 14, 2011

With numerous hotels under the Avillion group, I had high hopes for this hotel when I made my booking through their website. I had stay at their water chalet in Avillion before and Ioved it. And hence, I would expect the same thing happen at this said hotel

There are two wings in the hotel; View and Vista. I booked a Strait Studio for quite an affordable rate. The room itself was spacious with a beautiful view overlooking the Straits of Malacca. My room was located at 7th floor and hence, it was breezy. Although there was no bathtub, but there's a standing shower in the bathroom. It beats me to wonder while as I guess there's sufficient given space to have a bathtub. There's no WiFi but there's a LAN port for internet connection.

The room and bathroom was average clean. Having said that, we could spot some dirt and rubbish (e.g. cottonbuds) on the floor and there were stains on bathroom floor. Our room's air-conditioning was really noisy as we had trouble sleeping throughout the night. The ceiling fan has only one speed; high speed! It's either we tolerate the gushing winds as it was located directly above the bed or stuffy bedroom if we opt for to close the dividers to keep the noise at bay. Like any other hotels, there were basic amenities in the bathroom.

There's swimming pool for guests usage. And there's a shallow one for kids' usage. Breakfast was at Trader's. The selection was minimal. Although they refilled the food promptly, we rather disappointed with the service. We had no idea where were the egg station was until we walked outside. Besides, we were given vouchers, but nobody asked for it nor anybody attended to us. The dining area was limited and it was slightly dirty with leftover foods were food here and there. It's safe to say that the breakfast wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Overall, there were more misses than hits. The room rates was affordable for given location and the room was modern, spacious and nice. But they should have been cleaner given that they are a 4-star hotel. The breakfast bar was not the best we had seen neither was it close to average. That said, in my honest opinion, I would rather pay extra to stay at the other hotel (Avillion) of theirs than this. Avillion Admiral Cove is a nice hotel, but it could be better...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends