Staffed by French people it receives many western guests that want to stay a bit close to culture at home. Good price/quality but not very cheap. There are other options on this island that offer a comparable comfort for lower price.
French cuisine with great food. Each room is a small wooden bungalow with all that is required: bed, large enough bathroom, even in-room safe and of course mosquito-netting. And only 10 meters or so separated by a field full of palm trees from the paradise beach. Ideal for a great tropical holiday on this paradise island while staying in touch with food and culture at home. One of the hidden gems on this planet. Just as the whole island is.
Paying with credit card is an option IF you bring visa. Otherwise only cash. Please remember to bring either enough cash or a visa cc. Retrieving cash on this island without visa is quite a challenge. In case of emergency there is a western union where friends/family could sent cash.
The staff is happy to advise on things to see and do on the island and help organize excursions like for example diving or whale watching.
On the downside of the hotel, the location is a bit far away from everything. So a walk into town to find some restaurant in the evening is not really an option. There is not much transportation on the island. You can rent a scooter but driving it back from town in the evening is not comfortable as it's far, the road is especially in the end not very good and without lights. And the evening air on the road is full of mosquitoes. You might even catch malaria. So as long as you are happy with the restaurant and beach with beautiful palm trees and organize daily excursions including transportation there is little left to complain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the first historic hotels of the warm island Sainte-Marie, on the border between the active South and the wild North. La Crique (which means "The Creek" in french) is well known for its direct access to a wonderful bath in the middle of a reef life, the whole at approachable rates. It is an exceptional site of a beauty and a peace for holidays under the sign of the serenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your La Crique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Crique Hotel Ile Sainte-Marie (Nosy Boraha)
- La Crique Madagascar/Nosy Boraha