Having booked our trip through Imagine Africa (who I would not hesitate to recommend) we stayed at Princess Bora for 7 nights during our Madagascar honeymoon and honestly cannot think of a single bad point about the hotel, its location and amenities, the food and most especially, the staff. On our arrival at the airstrip commonly known as Saint Marie "airport" we were taken by zebu cart for the few minute transfer to the hotel and on arriving we were given a welcome drink and given a tour of the hotel by a very friendly and helpful member of the reception team. Our room was a comfort villa yards from the beach (Poisson Ange) and was spacious and comfortable with free use of a safe and mosquito net provided. There is a terrace outside each room with 2 chairs and hammock and overall we loved the room and especially the views and sounds of the ocean from it.
I cannot emphasise enough how friendly, polite and helpful the staff at this hotel are, even managing to smile when some residents of a certain nationality were blatantly rude and obnoxious towards them. The staff are a credit to the whole country and a big part of the reason why we will definitely return to Princess Bora.
The food served in the restaurant, particularly the evening meals, is, without exaggeration, of Michelin standard, and is prepared in full view of the diners by the happiest looking chefs I've ever seen. All of the bar and waiting staff were amazing but unfortunately I don't know all their names, however Emilien was a real standout for us.
From Princess Bora we made use of the free bikes to explore the island, visiting the town, the pirate's cemetry and the Endemic Zoo and I would definitely recommend this as a way of seeing the surrounding area. We also walked past the airport to get a pirogue to the neighbouring island of Ille Aux Nattes which we explored by foot. But by far the highlight was our whale watching trip which is run by CetaMada from the hotel between July and September and allowed us to get close to the humpback whales.
In summary if you have the chance to stay here do not hesitate. It is a truly faultless hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge of charm, allying luxury and wild nature in a typically tropical environment, Princesse Bora Lodge and Spa is a warm and human sized hotel. It takes place on Sainte Marie Island, East of Madagascar, a heaven of peace, far from mass tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Princesse Bora Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princesse Bora Lodge And Spa
- Princesse Bora Hotel Ile Sainte-Marie (Nosy Boraha)
- Princesse Bora Lodge & Spa Madagascar/Nosy Boraha