Bauhaus
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Miziara(Zgharta)
  • Pool
All reviewshot watergreat placethe ownerbed roomfree wifiopen areasolar powercomfortable bedsgreat hospitalityperfect locationtonyrathauskitchenchaletdownstairsregionlebanon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed in the downstairs dorm rooms. Very reasonable price and had room to myself. The bathroom was clean but old- only one shower for all doems so in high season it could be an issue. Very quiet and good location. Parking no problem. The more special rooms upstairs looked very nice also and tastefully done. Very helpful staff too on directions.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Generous and kind, the owner Tony looked really fancy that I stay here ^^ And actually it was a good idea, alone in a calm and comfortable room on the first floor with a big terrace with shadow, perfect in summer. Tony is a perfect host, he offered me to consult my email on his house, proposed me some foo, and I paid a cheaper price !
Now, an other floor of the hotel is renewing, and it will be extend with 4 new high-tech and new building. I had the chance to visit the new floor and to meet the architect, Bassam Skaff. It's funny because Bassam used to study the Bauhaus, this famous Art and Architectural school in the XX in Germany, that let us think that the new buildings would be nice !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MyrimL
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was a bit lost, I would say. but quite late in the night, Tony hosted me, and he was so friendly. He was really helpfull and Comforting and warmhearted.
I was in the part of the hostel which looks like a backpacker, and I did like it. Beds are comfortable, I slept really well. Maybe only One bathroom per floor is not enough....
Thank you Tony for having shared what you have :-x

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The hotel is located near to the centre of this small town with shopping facilities all around. The owner is friendly but tries -as a good businessman-to get as much customers as possible. The rooms and the kitchen are a bit run down, so don t expect too much of it. In general, its more a backpackerstation than a hotel properly spoken.
Be aware that the nights in winter and spring might be quite cold and that therefore only a radiator and no heating is available.
For a higher price u can also rent appartments which seemed to have a higher standard...so its only a matter of budget.
Ok for a short time but not for longer.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank wiarus
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed her for 1 night in one of the "super deluxe chalets" (apartments) which has a living room/kitchen, bathroom and twin bedroom. It doen't look like much from the outside, but the inside is much better. The room was very clean.
I tried to make a reservation by e-mail but did not get a response. When we arrived, a lady at the downstairs hair salon called Tony, the owner, who was there within 5 minutes to show us around. His French is better than his English.
Tony said the regular price of our "chalet" was $ 120, but we could have it for $ 70 since we did not need the kitchen/living room.
I also recommend the restaurant which is about 50 m to your left if you exit Bauhaus. When we entered there were just 2 guys in there sharing a bottle of black label, but after a while it was full of families enjoying dinner, nargileh, and drinks, and we had a good meal there.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends