“Well placed hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Chbat

Hotel Chbat
Ranked #4 of 10 Bcharre B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The owners knowledge of the area made our stay here very worth while. The hotel was quiet, being late in September, with few other guests, so it lacked a little atmosphere. However, the room was comfortable and clean and our stay was very relaxing, it was a great place to stay while exploring the surrounding valley and mountains.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ChrisAtWarmsworth

Reviewed August 30, 2012

It was a really nice experience at chbat hotel, the owner is very welcoming and surely he tried his very best to serve us very professionally. He was taking care of all his customers, always supervising for cleanliness and good service. the view is very nice and the location is just suitable to go around to vally Quadisha, to the cedars and to Gibran's museum.

There was a festivak during our 2 days stay, just below the hotel, but surprisingly we slept really well and wasn't bothered by the music and so, it is just weird how we didn't hear it ;))..

All in all, i loved it, will surely try it again and again.

Room Tip: Better to select a room at the valley side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ramkh
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The extensive terrace with a well maintained swimming pool has sweeping views over the Valley. The terrace above with the same magnificent views is the outdoor dining area. Breakfast was typically Middle Eastern and generous, while for dinner I had a superb bowl of soup with bread.

Close by is the cedar forest as well as the Museum of Khalil Gibran, poet, painter and sculptor born in the town.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Alastairbjs
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I spent a week in this hotel in februari 2012, and I had a lot of snow and nice sunny weather, and by coincidence, I believe Chbat actually means 'februari' in lebanese. The hotel is big, and can accomodate large groups; I enjoyed the walks in the neighbourhood, and made excursions to the Koura and Tripoli region; Tripoli is just 25 minutes away. In the evenings, they prepared for $20 a really good Lebanese 'mountain' meal, which was a fair price for the excellent authentic quality. In the weekend, there were a lot of local Beirut (or Tripoli ?) families staying over for ski, and they had something called 'asbi niyeh' (raw liver) as breakfast food, I liked it, later I have heard it is dangereous to eat, but it was very fresh. For ski you still have to drive 10 minutes or so uphill, you first encounter 'arz lubnan' (cedars) and then continue the road still higher and then there is a great ski-resort. The ski monitor was french speaking, and charged $20 per hour, and it was a great experience. So indeed in Lebanon, you can ski, then drive 30 minutes back to Tripoli, and enjoy nice 19 degree sunny weather at the beach there, with a view in Tripoli of the snow on the mountains. I recommend hotel Chbat for people who want to try out ski in Lebanon, as was my case, and possibly this hotel is also nice in the summer for hiking/trekking in the mountains.

Room Tip: the weekend is best, as then there are a lot of locals, so breakfast buffet etc.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2012

A beautiful setting, but the hotel simply is overpriced for what you get. At around $US 110 per night one would expect more. Staff to include the owner seemed rather indifferent, certainly not to the point of being rude, but somewhat aloof--not the characteristics of a homey, welcoming atmosphere.

The big surprise was what we were each charged for a bowl of lentil soup and for each serving of Arak. If you eat in the hotel restaurant I suggest you get a price settled before you order.

Lebanon is a beautiful must see country. We plan on making a return visit in a year or two. We probably will avoid the Hotel Chbat the next go-round however.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms apparently have small balconies which would make a great "room with a view&qu...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BobbyIdahoUSA
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel, but could not sleep all night. The bed smelled strongly of vomit, and when I mentioned this to the management I was scolded. Literally I was told that I would smell of vomit myself, outrageously unfriendly and causing a very unpleasant situation. The management respects their guests poorly, food was poor and overpriced, coffee was served cold, and the light was turned off at 9 pm, while I was sitting in the restaurant reading a book. I had to find my way through the hotel in total darkness. The management has to learn what customer friendliness means. It is totally overpriced, both the food and the rooms, in spite of its spectacular location. Better stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel, and if necessary to stay here, make it short and eat in the town, they ar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maarten C
Reviewed July 16, 2011

This hotel is expensive for what it is (although accomodation in Lebanon often seems to be). However, putting the price aside, we had a comfortable stay. The place is dated, but this gives it character as well. Things like the towels and the linen were well worn, but clean. When we stayed, the place was quite empty (I believe it fills up during the winter) and we were given a choice of rooms. The hotel provides food, including packed lunches and dinner on request, and this seems to be one of the very few places in town to eat during the summer. The food was good, but make sure you are clear if you have any allergies, as it is a set menu with no choice at all. Food is eaten on the terrace overlooking the mountains and the sunsets are spectacular. The owner was very helpful in signposting his guests to local activities to do. We followed both his recommendations (one for hiking, one for other places to visit nearby) and we were really pleased we had.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple