This is the lodge we were most looking forward to and was the last night of our 4 night 5 day safari. The drive up to it is impressive what a sight! We had checked in at lunchtime up at Sarova Taita Hills Lodge so on arrival just had to get keys. As we entered reception the elephants were drinking at the waterhole so close you could almost touch them from the terrace! What an experience! Rooms were clean, not exceptional but more than adequate, gad an electric problem that was sorted and put right immediately. Drinks on the terrace before afternoon game drive watching over waterholes - I think 4 in total. The animals all seemed to come to the waterholes on way to their overnight 'place' and back again in morning. The only let down was the restaurant - it seemed very disorganised and they were struggling with the 'full house' they had, food was ok but not great and the restaurant didn't seem to be organised to make it flow - the accompaniments were before the main courses - u need to choose the main component of your meal before you know what goes with it! Breakfast was much the same! In their defence it was really busy as the elephant count was on but having said that they should really be able to cope with a 'full house'!
Overall a fantastic setting let down a little by the disorganisation and the staff in restaurant were either new/nervous or poorly trained. The words headless chickens spring to mind!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the private Taita Hills Sanctuary, bordering Tsavo West National Park in south-eastern Kenya, Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is a truly unique concept consisting of 96 rooms elevated on stilts, each overlooking a waterhole and linked by suspended walkways. At night, the waterholes are floodlit ensuring that you enjoy an uninterrupted view of the numerous animals arriving to quench their thirst. The elevated restaurant, and the bar a level higher, also offer stunning views of the sanctuary and are the ideal vantage points to view game. The lodge has its own fleet of well-equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. The climate is very moderate with temperatures averaging between 18 and 30 degrees Celsius all year round. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November and December. Due to the unique layout of the lodge, it is not suitable for children below 8 years. Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is 400 km from Nairobi and 200 km from Mombasa. The lodge is a one-hour flight from Nairobi or 30 minutes from Mombasa by private charter which lands at the Lodge's own airstrip. The Sanctuary is a 3-hour drive from Mombasa and a 6-hour drive from Nairobi on tarmac roads. So, if you intend to make the most out of your African safari holidays, Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is the right place to be. No matter if you plan to head-over to Nairobi or Mombasa, the Lodge turns out to be a perfect check-in option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Hotel Tsavo National Park West
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge Kenya/Tsavo National Park West