Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sentrim Tsavo East(Tsavo National Park East)
  • Breakfast included
Voyager Ziwani, Tsavo West(Tsavo National Park West)
  • Breakfast included
Ngulia Safari Lodge(Tsavo National Park West)
  • Breakfast included
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge(Tsavo National Park West)
View Hotel
All reviewson stiltsunderground tunneltaita hillswater holewatering holeground levelbedroom windowelephants drinkingwild animalsdrinking waterunique experienceday safaristayed here for one nightcape buffaloreception areawater buffalobuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Known as the hotel on stilts, this was previously a Hilton Hotel. It is a little dated but offers so much. This was just another pleasant surprise of visiting Kenya. It was great to see the elephants at such close quarters as they come to have a drink. Upstairs in the bar area it is great to see many species of exotic birds, and what a felling when they feed out of your hand. To see them at such close quarters in their own habitat, all I can say is WOW!!! I have travelled a bit but this holiday was a totally new experience for my wife and I and we had a fantastic time. All the rooms are circular which add to the uniqueness and difference. This hotel had an underground tunnel which took you about 500 yards to a very secure bunker where one can view other animals in the park. This bunker brings the kid out in you as you feel a great sense of adventure as you let your mind wander. The whole Kenyan holiday was different to previous holidays due to the uniqeness. It's no wonder Will & Kate like Kenya so much. The food at the hotel was ok and the service in comparison to other locations was not as good, but still adequate. We need to remember how lucky we are and I have no complaints about any of my stays in Kenya. The staff, and the people in general make this a very special holiday. Give Kenya a try, and I believe you will have no option but to enjoy the difference!

1  Thank Theredsofanfield
Reviewed November 19, 2013

the rooms the view, being feet away from elephants while chilling with a beer was out of this world. The view from the room was outstanding, I would suggest having a room with an even number as this will let you face the watering hole. Best experience of my life. I went with a company called LETS GO WILD SAFARI with a guy called Jacob and he was amazing I would recommend this safari company to anyone as we had our own vehicle and did not have to share with strangers and finished the safari off with a bottle of champagne the personal touches with Lets go wild safari was out of this world

Room Tip: Have a room with an even number
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

this was the 2nd lodge that we stayed in during our safari.
it looked amazing as we got into view of the lodge!.
like a fairy tale castle on stilts.
a little dated but the best place for really close up views of the elephants and that is what I came on safari for.!
rooms were small but you only really need a bed and shower when out on safari.
every room was circular due to the shape of the lodge.
rooms were clean and food ok.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Saltlick was our last overnight stop on a four day safari and it knocked (leopard) spots off the other two lodges we stayed in. The rooms were properly appointed 'hotel rooms' with all creature comforts. Suspended on stilts above the savannah you are given unprecedented views across the landscape with animals coming and going all day and night. It was like Jurassic park at night with all the elephants trumpeting! But we didn't mind that, it was all part of the experience. We enjoyed a beautiful view from the bar terrace, accompanied with tea and biscuits, how decadent!
From the lobby you can view the elephants taking water right next to you on the balcony!
The staff were lovely, so friendly and full of smiles. We even had our bed turned down and mosquito net pulled round before bedtime.
From this lodge we were able to take part in a night game drive as well as the usual daytime drives. A completely different experience and one not to be missed. Supper was delicious and there was plenty of choice, both supper and breakfast were of a very high standard.
We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay here, it was the perfect place to finish our safari experience.

Room Tip: All rooms offer a good view
1  Thank BracknellTravellers
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is one magical place - the elephants, the view, its awesome.

We stayed at Salt Lick as part of our 6th anniversary at Tsavo West.
The hotel is awesome, the reception was really good and great great food not to mention that you get to eat & drink with the elephants. I have never seen elephants that close and i mean really really close.

The rooms are lovely and you get to view the elephants from most of them and they do have a tunnel that you can go to watch them.

I definitely will go back with my children for them to experience that magical view.

the road from the Voi turn off is also good with only a small stretch of rough road.

Room Tip: rooms closer to the waterhole
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple