We stayed here for one night in September as part of a three day safari booked through JT safaris. From the moment we arrived I was speechless. The lodge is so amazing to look at, you really feel like you have arrived somewhere special. When we first arrived there was one elephant drinking from the watering hole which was incredible. We popped back to the room to get changed and when we returned there was around 100. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. There were two herds trying to get the water which led to some very interesting incidents between the groups! I could have sat forever and watched them.
During our evening meal the elephants were quite active as the watering hole was empty - i understand the lodge only fill it at certain times. Anyway this led to some tension between the elephants which at times was hard to watch as they fought over the water. But an amazing experience and I am sure i will never see anything like this again. The food was good and lots of choice at breakfast but to be honest I didn't really care as I couldn't drag myself away from the elephants for too long!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the private Taita Hills Sanctuary, bordering Tsavo West National Park in south-eastern Kenya, Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is a truly unique concept consisting of 96 rooms elevated on stilts, each overlooking a waterhole and linked by suspended walkways. At night, the waterholes are floodlit ensuring that you enjoy an uninterrupted view of the numerous animals arriving to quench their thirst. The elevated restaurant, and the bar a level higher, also offer stunning views of the sanctuary and are the ideal vantage points to view game. The lodge has its own fleet of well-equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. The climate is very moderate with temperatures averaging between 18 and 30 degrees Celsius all year round. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November and December. Due to the unique layout of the lodge, it is not suitable for children below 8 years. Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is 400 km from Nairobi and 200 km from Mombasa. The lodge is a one-hour flight from Nairobi or 30 minutes from Mombasa by private charter which lands at the Lodge's own airstrip. The Sanctuary is a 3-hour drive from Mombasa and a 6-hour drive from Nairobi on tarmac roads. So, if you intend to make the most out of your African safari holidays, Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is the right place to be. No matter if you plan to head-over to Nairobi or Mombasa, the Lodge turns out to be a perfect check-in option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Hotel Tsavo National Park West
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge Kenya/Tsavo National Park West