During our second holiday to Kenya, we also did a safari again and visited also Tsavo West and Kilaguni Serena Lodge, staying there for 1night/2days in June 2007.
Food was excellent (as always at Serena Lodges), friendly staff, nicely decorated rooms with a wonderful view of the nearby waterhole and the hills and Kilimanjaro at the horizon. There is a swimmingpool as well, which looked inviting, but which we didn`t have time to use because we were so busy watching the many animals like buffalos, zebras, ostriches, a hyena, antelopes, a giraffe, lots of birds etc coming and going to and from the waterhole and the surroundings.
There were a mongoose mansion just outside the lodge when we were there in June 2007 and you could sit on the viewing deck watching the little ones coming out to play. They were really cute and entertained us for quiet a while!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Kilaguni Serena Lodge in Tsavo West very much and we would recommend this lodge!
Annika&Peter from Sweden
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Tsavo West National Park in Kenya, the lodge commands a magnificent view second to none which extends to the rugged scenic Chyulu Hills in this 7065 square km park. The snowy dome of Mt. Kilimanjaro creates a perfect back drop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilaguni Serena Safari Hotel Tsavo National Park West
- Hotel Kilaguni Serena Safari
- Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Tsavo National Park West