We stayed there for one night last ear during Easter and we certainly regretted it. While other reviews are right about the location and the fact that you have wild life almost at your window, the service is poor. FIrst it was very expensive (we had just been in a hotel in Malindi for three nights at a better price and much better service- but we wanted to break the 9 hrs drive to Nairobi), staff were not friendly at all very rude and not helpfull. When we wanted to use the tiny pool they have it was full with a very noisy group playing voleyball. The food was terrible, I even spotted something crawling in the buffet!
The rooms are basic for rest, but early in the morning 6am you can hear staff pulling carts for cleaning and guest ready to check-out or go for safari.
We wanted to use the sauna but it was already booked so no option there. If we ever go back to Tsavo certainly will not go to Voi lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voi Wildlife Lodge is located in the Savannah grasslands of Tsavo East, Kenya, just 5 km off the main highway connecting the capital Nairobi to Mombasa. Officially opened in 2003, the lodge is situated on a 25-acre site on the boundary of Tsavo East National Park, one of Kenya's largest game parks with spectacular views of nearby volcanic outcrops, such as the Kasigau, Sagalla and Mwakingali Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Voi Wildlife Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voi Wildlife Hotel Tsavo National Park East
- Voi Wildlife Lodge Kenya/Tsavo National Park East