We stayed here for two nights due to a sudden family emergency. Helpful reception who fitted us in at 930pm.
Spent 3 hours watching pride of lions waiting for a kill at the hotel watering hole! Also elephants, waterbuck, warthogs, etc. Great.
Room fine (fitted 4 of us in). Lots of room for children to roam freely, plus small playground with safe equipment, plus small pool.
But this is a hotel mainly for large safari groups. Very poor sleep both nights (despite good beds) due to paperthin breezeblock walls and people talking loudly in one room (not close) till 1230, - and then 30+ from a tourgroup greeting each other individually infront of our door at 6am before setting off on their game drive. Hotel management: please ask tourgroups to chat in the bar if wanting to chat say after 11pm and before 6am.
Food tasted ok but odd range. Drinks very overpriced - 400 KSh for Tusker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voi Wildlife Lodge is located in the Savannah grasslands of Tsavo East, Kenya, just 5 km off the main highway connecting the capital Nairobi to Mombasa. Officially opened in 2003, the lodge is situated on a 25-acre site on the boundary of Tsavo East National Park, one of Kenya's largest game parks with spectacular views of nearby volcanic outcrops, such as the Kasigau, Sagalla and Mwakingali Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Voi Wildlife Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voi Wildlife Hotel Tsavo National Park East
- Voi Wildlife Lodge Kenya/Tsavo National Park East