Ashnil is a very nice lodge situated next to the Aruba dam, which unfortunately was dried up when we were there. We booked through the excellent JT Safaris.
They do try very hard and had a barbeque the night we were there. Unfortunately while we were eating we missed 2 lions and 2 cheetahs at the waterhole.
The biggest downside was the food which was not of a very high standard. At lunch the salad was covered in tiny black insects which you could have easily missed if you did not check carefully. The barbecue was not up to much either.
Overall all though a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashnil Aruba Lodge lies in the heart of Tsavo East National Park. The lodge comprises 46 deluxe ensuite guest rooms and 6 luxury tents. The lodge is situated on the shaded northern bank of the Voi River looking across the famous Aruba Dam. The Aruba Dam is one of the most notable landmarks in Tsavo East being a huge reservoir that is a major attraction for many animals and a rich bird life; there are over 200 bird species at Aruba. For those who love bird watching, our resident naturalist will take you on a guided tour through the park to learn the various bird species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Ashnil Aruba Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashnil Aruba Hotel Tsavo National Park East
- Ashnil Aruba Lodge Kenya/Tsavo National Park East