We booked our first safari through escape worldwide which started 15th february 2013. after an overnight flight from heathrow and a 4 hour drive to the acc we were very pleasantly surprised to find this gem of a place ! we had no real idea what to expect on our first trip to the real africa but our first stay here was truly amazing! where else would you be able to have a beer and watch warthogs ,giraffe and many other animals just wandering on the grounds.this is a beautiful place to stay and the staff are really welcoming and helpful ,we stayed here again before going on to stay up at the ark and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. in fact we enjoyed our holiday so much we are going to do it again soon and we hope to include a stay at the aberdare.you must stay here! so relaxing and pleasant! full marks from us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aberdare Country Club, only a three-hour drive northeast from Nairobi, is nestled on a slope of Mweiga Hill in the Aberdare Highlands, part of the Great Rift Valley. This captivating site was selected by an English couple who had decided to settle in the land of their choosing - Kenya. It all happened many years ago; their children grew up there, but then moved on to different places. After almost half a century, their home, "The Steep", was sold and re-named "The Aberdare Country Club". Even though the property was developed beyond the imaginings of the original owners, they would be pleased with how carefully it has been nurtured and the grandeur it has maintained. This is highlighted in Monty Brown's book, "Haven Under the Hill" which says: "Today, despite the fast-changing tempo of the outside world, the old home still retains that comfortable, solid feeling based on traditions from a time when life proceeded at a far more leisurely and gentle pace". The Club's 1,300 acre wildlife sanctuary is teeming with eland, impalas, zebras, giraffes and the more reclusive leopards. It is a haven of unhurried charm set in a garden bursting with a profusion of colour, and with peacocks living within the lush green lawns. Walking through this unspoiled terrain is paradise. Play a round of golf, watched by a family of warthog, or fish for trout, play tennis or just relax by the pool within the beautiful gardens. From here you can see the sunset with the stunning Aberdare Mountains as a backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Jovago.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Aberdare Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aberdare Country Club Hotel Aberdare National Park
- Aberdare Country Club Kenya/Aberdare National Park