My return to the Aberdare Country club was characterized by a lot of mixed feelings seeing that our last visit 2 years ago was anything but pleasant. Our tour company informed us that the hotel was now under new management and that alot had improved and so we decided to give it a try.
The new management has definitely given the Aberdares a much needed facelift. The facility has been renovated and the rooms are now more cosy, clean and tastefully decorated.
The service has definitely improved and during our stay, the staff were polite, friendly and helpful. Issues and queries raised were attended to promptly. A lot of effort was put to ensure that the guests had a lovely time.
The meals were fantastic with a variety of delicacies to choose from. As a special touch, the chef always went around interacting with the guests to ensure that their culinary needs were being met.
On the downside, the communication at the facility was bad as all the phones in the rooms were not working. One had to walk all the way to the reception to make enquiries or requests.
All in all, we had a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aberdare Country Club, only a three-hour drive northeast from Nairobi, is nestled on a slope of Mweiga Hill in the Aberdare Highlands, part of the Great Rift Valley. This captivating site was selected by an English couple who had decided to settle in the land of their choosing - Kenya. It all happened many years ago; their children grew up there, but then moved on to different places. After almost half a century, their home, "The Steep", was sold and re-named "The Aberdare Country Club". Even though the property was developed beyond the imaginings of the original owners, they would be pleased with how carefully it has been nurtured and the grandeur it has maintained. This is highlighted in Monty Brown's book, "Haven Under the Hill" which says: "Today, despite the fast-changing tempo of the outside world, the old home still retains that comfortable, solid feeling based on traditions from a time when life proceeded at a far more leisurely and gentle pace". The Club's 1,300 acre wildlife sanctuary is teeming with eland, impalas, zebras, giraffes and the more reclusive leopards. It is a haven of unhurried charm set in a garden bursting with a profusion of colour, and with peacocks living within the lush green lawns. Walking through this unspoiled terrain is paradise. Play a round of golf, watched by a family of warthog, or fish for trout, play tennis or just relax by the pool within the beautiful gardens. From here you can see the sunset with the stunning Aberdare Mountains as a backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aberdare Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aberdare Country Club Hotel Aberdare National Park
- Aberdare Country Club Kenya/Aberdare National Park