All reviewsjeep toursmall scalegreat experiencetasted greattraditional dinnersmoking shishagreat guybring a flashlightwadi rum villagebedouin lifetwo nightsbedouin hospitalitynext morningdrinking tealate afternoongreat guiderock bridges
Reviewed January 9, 2015

We were warmly greater by our Mohammed Mutlak guide, Ziad, at Wadi Rum village and taken on an amazing adventure. He was friendly, and showed us a wonderful part of Jordan that we never could have experienced on our own.
The first day was full of fun sights, walking up to Lawrence's spring, playing on sand dunes, enjoying tea and lunch at a Bedouin tent, and hiking through small canyons. We were serenaded at night by the other guides as well as entertained by their stories and songs, greatfully translated by Lena. The food was delicious and plentiful and the tents were very comfortable.
The next day we enjoyed more hiking and exploring in relative quite. Wadi Rum is truly a wonderful place to visit and everyone at Mohammed Mutlak camp were gracious guides and hosts.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2014

I was dropped off at the visitor center by my friends and nicely greeted by Alena and Mahammad. And so it began... A life changing experience in the desert all by myself. We did the 4x 4 tour first, with a cliff climb to the bridge? Not sure what it's called but it's amazing. Alena had to push me to do it as in being my life coach, all of onenhrnknowing each other! Mind you I am not a climber by far but so worth it!! The camp was so accommodating a true desert experience, no thrills here, after leaving the Mevenpick Hotel in Wadi Musa I must say a little adjustment for me! Watching the sunset was beyond words, the wonderful dinner cooked underground so yummy, the guys at camp were just the best. I felt so comfortable and safe. Up for the sunrise to just hearing the sand blowing across the desert was beautiful ESP since they have a little hill with benches on it to see all of the stunning colors going across the mtns. I decided to end my camp experience with a camel ride back to the village which was a 6 mile ride, 2 hrs on a camel!! Amazing!!!!!! You have to do it. I was once again greeted by Alena with a hot cup of tea and a driver that they had arranged for me to go to the Aqaba Coast. Highly highly recommend this camp it's a true desert journey that all should be able to do in there lifetime. If I can I will be back but with my daughter so she can be enlightened as I was.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2014

During my first visit to Mohammed Mutlak camp in 2013 I fell in love with the Wadi Rum desert. The landscape creates a truly amazing atmosphere and the Bedouin people really make you feel at home. I stayed for two days and only did a half day jeep tour, so I decided to return to the same camp in November 2014.
This time I decided to stay for four days and to do some hiking and climbing, and climbing the Jebel Burdah rock bridge turned out to be one of the most exciting and challenging things I have ever done! Also climbed the Jebel um Adaami, the highest summit of Jordan, offering a great panoramic view over Saudi Arabia.
The guides will do the rest for you, always in for a laugh or a good talk and some entertainment at night. And when making a reservation the camp's employees are quick and clear to respond and they will make sure everything is sorted out perfectly upon arriving and leaving again.

I will definitely return for the third time, highly recommendable!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2014

We spend two nights in this camp and had a wonderful time.
The cabins were clean with enough blankets to spend a cold night, and clean sheets.
Sanitary was clean, food delicious and a friendly, helpful staff.
We did a jeeptour with Mohamed, breathtaking views and great experience.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2014

We stayed at the camp in mid-July - we were the only visitors at the time because it is very hot in the desert and there are not many tourists in July during this season. We chose this camp because it received a very positive review in the Lonely Planet Guide for Jordan. The camp owner, Muhammad, was our guide and he - along with the chef (Abu Faris) - made us feel like family so we didn't notice the lack of other tourists at all. The jeep tour is extremely reasonably priced, and I would recommend it above all others available in Wadi Rum. Not only did our guide know the desert really well (being a bedouin who was born and raised in the rum village) meaning we saw all of the major sites in the desert, but the friendly conversation and company he provided throughout the tour were very refreshing! The bathroom and shower facilities were clean, as was our tent, and Muhammad and the chef both kept us company after our tour was completed. The sunset was stunning to watch, Muhammad showed us where we could get the best view of it. They played some lovely music after dinner by the campfire. It was an incredible experience led by trustworthy and kind individuals, highly recommended.

Room Tip: You can catch the sunset from just behind the campsite. It is stunning. Make sure you bring cash to pay with.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple