“Suliman is a great guy!”

Mohammad Mutlak Camp
Ranked #11 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Wadi Rum
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Suliman is a great guy!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a blast with Suliman, our guide! He knows a lot about the area and is just a funny and nice guy :)
We were lucky to just be with the 2 of us and him. He showed us all the interesting sites in the desert and he is also a good photographer! The camp is good, good food and accommodations.
We recommend it, sjoekran Suliman!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dushikorsow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The perfect Wadi Rum camping experience.
So, yes, we didn't actually take a real trip through the Wadi, due to time constraints.
But what we did get, I found even more valuable.
We spend a really nice evening with Sulaiman and the others. Nicely fed, we were chatting, drinking tea and smoking Shisha around the camp fire. We were all making jokes, sharing and having a great time, and, most importantly, very quickly we felt not so much as guests, but just a bunch of young friends hanging out together. Invaluable.
Apart from that, the location is great for watching the sunset, the tents were comfortable and more cabins then tents really, we were surprised to find comforts such as taps and regular toilettes, and the food was delicious. Noteworthy also the three benches on a little hilltop, perfect for appreciating the wonderful view or stargazing.
I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a magnificent stay at Mohammad Mutlak Camp. I have absolutely nothing negative to say: the location is amazing, accommodation is clean, tidy and comfortable and the food is very good. But what made our stay unforgettable was the incredible hospitality of our guide, Sulaiman. He showed us around Wadi Rum with great patience and an amazing sense of humour. In addition, he pretty much saved our life at least twice: once when our friend wandered off and got stuck on a cliff whilst we were hiking and once when our 4x4 got a flat tire in the middle of the desert with the necessary tools missing from the boot of our car. Even though we were on a tight schedule, Sulaiman managed to arrange a full Wadi Rum experience for us, including a nightly car ride under the Milky Way and climbing Jabal Umm ad Dāmī, the highest mountain in Jordan (Saudi 3G at the peak!). The only thing he didn’t deliver on was the promise of a three-humped camel for my friend who refused to ride a dromedary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anna M
Williston, Vermont
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place is simply fantastic. Wadi Rum is absolutely stunning and everyone we met at Mohammed Mutlak Camp was incredibly welcoming. We were led on a great hike to some rocky heights, climbed on top of a sandstone arch, jumped in the dunes, and explored some intricate canyons. Spent the night under the desert stars in the cool, crisp air on provided mattresses. Make sure to bring your best jokes for the camp fire! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Amman
Reviewed August 30, 2013

have been twice to Wadi Rum and always stayed in the M. Mutlak Camp, both times with Ibraheem as a guide. I was quite reluctant at the beginning because I heard many bad experiences from other expats living in Jordan, so i was really surprised when I found out how great this camp.
I love the site! It is located at a point where black, white, yellow and red rocks/sand meet, and this scenery is just perfect for panoramas, or pictures. It is also remote from other camps so no one is around to disturb!!
The food is good, and when you decide to hike around or do the jeep tour, the guides are very helpful and do not do it the fast way. I enjoyed feeling like I had total control of my time and over what I wanted to do.
My family came with me in June and loved it as well very much. I'm plannin to get friends there by october.
The prices are also very honest, if you compare with other camps.
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was the second time to come to Wadi Rum as I am staying in Amman and there is no better place if you want to get the polar opposite to the city, peace, tranquillity and genuine hospitality. I chose to stay with a different camp than my first visit and I am extremely happy I chose to do so! The camp was amazing, the communal area was comfortable and clean and at night was a perfect place to star gaze by the fire. We were very lucky as it was the peak of the Perseid Meteor shower and with the complete lack of light pollution we were able to see in 1 minute five shooting stars! That night I slept under the stars and was given a blanket, pillow and mattress so spend all night watching the shooting stars and staying very comfortable.
We also chose to spend a night out in the steppe with our guide Suliman's father who still lives in the traditional Bedouin way, moving with his sheep, goats and camels going where there is food for the animals. I feel this was a truly unique experience; not only seeing a completely different way of life but being treat to some freshly ground coffee with cardamom made in the traditional way, and surprisingly without any sugar!
I will come back to Mohammed Mutlak Camp without hesitation, for my next visit to Wadi Rum when my family come to visit me in Jordan.
Thank you all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hospitality shown to us by the Bedouin people who run this camp is second to none. Whilst sitting in the communal tents we were provided with hot sugary tea and a traditional dinner was prepared, hot & cold Mezze and Zarb (YUMMY). Hot during the July summer day but wonderfully cool at night, it was a special treat to sleep the night in a little clean and cosy tent. Purpose built facilities included a small kitchen where food was hygienically prepared and the toilets and showers were clean and more than I was expecting. As we watched the most spectacular sun down and listened to the perfect silence of the "middle of nowhere" I can honestly say, I experienced a perfect moment. Best food and place on my Jordanian travelling so far. 10/10. Must do. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. It does get cool at night in summer but clean linen and blankets are pro...