“We didn't want to leave”
Review of Rumshines

Rumshines
Ranked #17 of 122 Specialty Lodging in Wadi Rum
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had the most fantastic time at Rumshines in Wadi Rum. We are so glad we stayed for 2 nights, but 3 would have been great. We were just starting to relax and then had to leave. The camp is about 25 minutes by 4WD from Wadi Rum Village. Khalid and his team will meet you there to drive you to the camp. The staff were so welcoming, friendly and very interesting to talk with. All are Bedouins. Their English is excellent and they go out of their way to make your stay a happy and memorable one. There is an endless supply of hot, sweet sage/rosemary tea in the meal tent and they do have coffee as well. Sitting around the camp on the traditional Arabic seating is so relaxing because the conversation never ceases. The Jordanian/Arabic food was delicious and there was plenty of it, but take some snacks for in between meals if you like. A water bottle is a good idea too, but water is generously supplied. The accommodation was very comfortable. The cabins/tents are elevated off the ground and are basic but warm and clean. The beds and pillows were firm but we slept very well. Take a towel and pillow covers as these are not provided. A box of tissues and antibacterial wipes are a good idea too. At the moment there is only one shower and two toilets (one is a squat toilet) that are shared. But they are building another toilet/shower block.They do not have electricity so the water is cold. The tours are very interesting. We did 3 tours. The jeep day (Toyota 4WD) tour that included lunch, which Amhed, cooked for us, it is great and we rode a camel back to the camp. I was bit sore after the camel ride, as it was an hour and half long, but it was fun. We viewed the sunset from the rocks just behind the camp, which were easy to climb. Make sure your camera batteries are charged and so is your phone. The landscape around the camp is just beautiful and quite surreal. I felt like I was living in a beautiful landscape oil painting. Stay at Rumshines, you will not regret it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank tinahunt

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The Rumshines at WadiRum was my peak of my week holiday in Jordan. I did all the tourist sites, and this incredible night at the Rumshines camp was definitely the best experience.

The camp is very authentic and the guides and people working there are very nice and helpful. You get to see the desert, which for me was an experience at its own. The sunset is amazing, the campsite with the fire and tea. The food is great, you get to taste local food and cooking. Camels, stars, hiking, sand boarding, the peacefulness. I just loved it.

You gather around the camp fire with the Bedouins and the other guests. You can easily keep to yourself, but it's a good mix of people from around the world, different ages and life stories.

I went with a friend, but I think it suits everyone, in any ages. Couples, group of friend, families. I would also go alone.

I only had one night there, but I wish I could stay for longer. I am coming back for sure, and next time for many nights!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mette S
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My experience of staying at the Rumshines camp was that it couldn't have been better - our hosts were lovely- hugely welcoming, and very knowledgeable; the food was delicious, and as much attention as possible was given to our comfort (given we were camping) - nothing was too much effort. I was really impressed by how hard the team worked to ensure everyone (all with their different schedules) was happy. A night stay in the Wadi Rum is a ' must do' for a trip to Jordan, not only is it beautiful - the incredible scenery and particularly the sunset and night sky, but it's fascinating - the history, the culture, even the eco-system. But to be honest, I enjoyed sitting around the fire and looking at the night sky, as well as appreciating the Bedouin hospitality as much as I did the actual jeep tour! Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank nic0le_paris
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The best part of staying at Rumshines was the opportunity of spend the night in the desert and see the sunset and sunrise. The hosts were very welcoming and explained Bedouin culture and tradition as we sat around the campfire in the tent. The food was good, nothing extraordinary, just the usual Jordanian fare of houmous, grilled chicken and vegetables, all cooked in a pot buried in the sand and accompanied by endless glasses of mint tea. The beds in the tents were rather hard, but what do expect camping in the desert. Be sure to bring some warm clothes as it can get quite cold in the desert at night, especially in the winter and early spring. No shower facilties and very basic toilets so clean up before you arrive!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony_SE5
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am so glad I decided to stay at Rumshines camp. Wadi Rum is an unbelievable desert and my stay at Rumshines was certainly the highlight of my trip to Jordan.
I did a jeep tour in the afternoon and I got to see so many amazing features in wadi rum. My guide was knowledgable and he took our pictures at the arches while the guide for another group just waited for them in the car.
The staff is so friendly and I definitely see why Rumshines has the highest rating on trip advisor! I loved sipping tea and talking around the fire and it was so interesting to learn about Bedouin traditions. oh and dinner was cooked under the sand and it was completely delicious!!!
Thanks to Rumshines for an amazing trip! I wish I could have spent more time in this amazing desert.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank allisonb23
Reviewed February 12, 2014

There is no better way to experience the mystique of the Arabian desert than at Rumshines camp site in Wadi Rum. The staff were incredibly funny and we were so lucky to be treated to Bedouin hospitality. We were given extra blankets as it was a little chilly and the tour guide was well informed and showed us the unforgettable scenery Wadi Rum has to offer. The location was perfect for sunrise and sunset views as well as night walks. You will get your money's worth as you will be fed good food, sleep in a nice traditional Bedouin tent and truly experience the real deal. Thank you Rumshines!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2014

There's a reason Rumshines is number 1 on Trip Advisor for Bedouin camps. We arrived in the late afternoon and were immediately given a camel ride through the canyon into the desert. We were then picked up by Khaled in his jeep and given a quick tour of all the main sites to see in Wadi Rum (arches, etc). He was very knowledgeable, funny, and happy to have us as guests. There was nothing quite like climbing up the cliffs behind the tucked-away camp to watch the sunset, and it was followed up by laughs and delicious Bedouin tea with our hosts. Dinner was fantastic and the stars were unbelievable. Stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends