“The trip of the year!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wadi Rum Travel Camp
Oslo, Norway
“The trip of the year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Mohammad, our guide, was very pleasant, funny and knowledgeable young man.

We visited many nice places, had nice, fresh prepared lunch and ate traditional meal in the camp. We slept in very comfortable tents, after watching beautiful sunset and a sky full of shining stars.

Wadi Rum is a must if you are in Jordan, and I and my friends definitely recommend Wadi Rum Travel.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent a night and a full day visit with Ali and his brothers. They love their place and make you love it. The camel ride back to the village was also a great moment.
Would go back anytime, for sure with our kids next time!
Yann and Laurence

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I went to wadi rum with my friend couple of days ago. We took the classic 1 day/night tour. It was awesome. Ali arranged a transportation for us to get to his house in wadi rum, he was really friendly and so welcoming. Then he introduced us to our guide Mohamed who is the best guide i have ever met during my stay in jordan. He is super friendly. He speaks fluent english and his french is good. I have to admit that he is a very good cook, the lunch and the dinner that we had were so tasty!
I highly enjoyed my stay with wadi rum travel camp, and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kamal C
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I booked a one day/one night classic jeep tour with Wadi Rum Travel for November 16th with a friend of mine and we both enjoyed our experience immensely! Everything was completely taken care of. All we had to do was sit back and enjoy the majestic scenery of the desert, eat delicious home-cooked meals prepared by our hosts and relax. Everything which we were promised from the website was delivered. We were promptly picked up at the Wadi Rum village centre and kindly welcomed by Ali, the founder of the company. He introduced us to our local guide, Mohamed, a well-experienced guide of the desert who was extremely pleasant, helpful and fluent in both Arabic and English. We spent the entire day exploring many beautiful sights. A chief highlight was the home-cooked soup Mohamed made for our lunch, which also came with hummus, several dips, bread and fruit. It was extremely healthy and satisfying and I helped myself to several servings. In the evening, we made it to camp around sunset and enjoyed witnessing Wadi Rum at dusk. Our day came to an end around a lovely fire with amazing food and some local Bedouin folk songs. Though we were completely out in the wilderness, our tents were well-built and sturdy. More importantly, they kept the chill out of our tents. We found our beds to be comfortable and equipped with warm blankets. I woke up feeling refreshed and thankful to have had this unforgettable experience. If you're looking for a unique experience in the desert that supports the local community, I highly recommend that you book with Ali and Mohamed of Wadi Rum Travel!

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I visited wadirum with my friends and it was really wonderful memory to me.
and Ali's camp makes memory of wadirum more special. Ali's camp was really good and comfortable.Also the food was delicious and I just can't forget the sky at night There are so many stars in sky!

Especially i was really enjoyed the jeep tour it was so nice.And our guide was really kind and friendly. I miss them and i hope to visit wadirum again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Eilat, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My friends and I went to Jordan last week, we have been in several places-Wadi Hasa, Petra and the last place was in Wadi Rum Travel Camp.
In the end of the trip we had a problem with our money, but our nice driver told us that he has a friend in wadi rum, Ali, that we can go to and sleep there. We didn't had a clue that it would be so nice to be there, to meet Ali and his brothers. The attitude and understanding that have been showed to us was amazing, in few seconds we were invited to Ali's house to drink tea and talk about what we want to do the next day.
The understanding of our situation by Ali was very very kind of him.
In the day after we had the most amazing jeep tour that Ali's brother, Salame, drove us into the desert to see beautiful places.

Overall my friends and I recommend to you all that want to come to Jordan, to speak with Ali first, to come to his place and enjoy from the best attitude and kindness that someone can give you. Thank you Ali!!

Room Tip: just ask Ali :)
Eilat, HaDarom, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Three good friends and I from israel, went to Jordan through the Eilat border. We traveled with no plans, with the beduin wind. In sunday morning 10/11/2013, after traveling wadi hasa and petra we realized we are leaving at the next day and we wanted to explore wadi rum. We got to the Wadi at the evening, around 8:00 o'clock. PM. We had no contact man or nothing, but our nice taxi driver from petra knew Ali, so he called him when when we were inside the wadi. Ali invited us to his home at the evening and after we explained him we are out of money he let us sleep near his home, no charge of any kind. In the morning we discuessed about posabilities of exploring wadi rum in the best way while we have total ( to all of us together) 65 JD, about 300 sheqel or 80 dollars. We got our self a day long jeep tour around the best places of the wadi in the lowest price, with Ali's nice brother, Salame. The kindness and hospitality was more than anything excpectable. Shukran ya sahbi.

1 Thank CamelMichael