“Make it 3 days / 2 nights”
Review of Bedouin Whispers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wadi Rum
Bedouin Whispers
Ranked #53 of 123 Specialty Lodging in Wadi Rum
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had already spent one night at Wadi Rum a few months ago (also with Bedouin Whispers) and since then I wanted to go back and for just a little longer. I feel fortunate I had now the opportunity to do so. First time I was there with five friends, this time it was only two of us and both experiences were great.
Staying the extra night gives us the opportunity to go through the whole day in the desert, also to do a hike and see another breath-taking view (all the way to Saudi).
Aodeh is a great guide and host. He accepted our reservations on rather short notice and arranged a taxi that punctually picked us up at our hotel in Petra.
I am not sure if I would have had as much fun traveling alone so I was very lucky my friend was visiting and Aodeh made us feel quite comfortable day and night (i.e. you do not need a big group to come).
I told Aodeh in advance I was vegetarian and we ate well. If you are o.k. with cold water (it was October) under a thin stream from the shower (bring your own towel), you will be fine and treasure your time in the Rum.
Something I will not forget? The night sky (Milky way and shooting stars).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I visited Wadi Rum in June 2013 with 3 friends (including my friend's mom) and we had a fantastic time! Our guide was knowledgable, welcoming, and really friendly. You could tell he truly loves the desert and his passion made us feel all the more excited. He showed us some of his favorite secret spots, directed us on little hikes, and patiently took tons of photos for us. When my friend's mom felt too tired to hike with us, he kept her company in the shade and showed us where to go on our hikes. The camp itself was lovely; simple but totally adequate and comfortable. We watched a gorgeous sunset, enjoyed a great dinner (and I'm a vegetarian) which was cooked in an underground oven, hung out at the camp fire, and went star gazing. In the morning, they helped us organize our transportation and pay fair prices as our group split into 2 for the beach and the airport back in Amman. I loved my time in Wadi Rum and I highly recommend Bedouin Whispers!

Room Tip: Bring a bandana to cover your face in case it's windy and the sand picks up in the daytime.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is actually a review for a trip with Aodeh in late 2008. I finally got to writing the review :) I arranged for a jeep safari and one night camp with Aodeh via email for our party of four. I think we arranged it for Dec 25 if my memory serves me right. Aodeh met us at the entrance and took us to his camp where we met his cousin Salama. Salama was our guide for the trip. We left for our safari after some tea at Aodeh's camp. Salama didnt speak as much english, but was the most amazing guide. He's such a warm person and always smiling and took pains to make sure we were comfortable. The sights in Wadi Rum are of course out of this world, but having Salama made our experience all the more better. He stopped in the middle of the desert and made some tea for us and actually started the fire with some twigs that he gathered right there. He used some flint stones to light up the twigs while we watched in awe. Then he served us some pickles that his wife had made that were really tasty.
The safari ended with us spending the night at the desert camp which was again an amazing experience as we were the only ones in the camp and for miles in any direction there was absolute stillness and beauty. Salama cooked a wonderful vegetarian dinner for us and also cooked up some packaged food that we had taken with us. The middle of the night was a little interesting as we kept hearing some tapping sounds next to the tent, but could not figure out what was making the sound :)
Anyway, most amazing experience and a huge thanks to Salama for his warmth and gracious hosting.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My brother and I arrived to the Visitors Centre in Wadi Rum and soon after our 4WD tour started; however, preceded by one or two cups of tea courtesy of our guide, and a detailed information about the program of the day.
We enjoyed the tour immensely because we were able to absorb the beauty of our surroundings at our own pace. But, at the same time we received a personal service, very professional with information at hand. The family touch was evident at all times, we felt very welcomed and that was not different at meal times.
At the end of the tour and back at the camp, we had a typical Bedouin dinner, varied and delicious, after watching a spectacular sunset!
After dinner , a chat around a wooden fire was the end of an excellent day after exploring canyons, passing rolling sand dunes and driving between high peaks.
We will never forget this place. Congratulations to Aodeh and Dakil for a job very well done!
There was only one problem.We couldn't stay any longer to see more of this beautiful and breathtaking place!
Cesar Augusto - Italy
Elizabeth - Australia

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've lived in Jordan for the past 4+ years and have stayed at many camps in Wadi Rum, but I will never stay anywhere again except Bedouin Whispers. They are flexible and know how to maximize your stay in the desert. They have a great mix of options for those who want to keep busy and respect your wishes to do your own thing. Aodeh and his crew are respectful and kind- if you want a memorable desert retreat, look no further. I always recommend it!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Bedouin whispers camp is really amazing!! really comfortable and beautiful!! it was cold in the desert at night but it was really warm inside the camp!!!! i saw the most beautiful sky i've ever seen in my life here!!!! we ate good food and danced and kept talking with Aodeh and his cousin in the quiet beatiful camp!! really nice experience!!!! and the bedouin food they provided was really delicious!! The tour guide Aodeh was very nice and friendly and offered us an unforgettable journey in the amazing desert!!! next time if i come to wadi rum again , i will live in Bedouin Whispers again!!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Loved the place, the food and our guide. They made us fell confortable and were flexible on our plans. The jeep tour was very pleasant and gave us time to do whatever we wanted. I really recomend Bedouin Whispers to my friends!