“Amazing camp and tour!”
Review of Bedouin Whispers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wadi Rum
Bedouin Whispers
Ranked #53 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Wadi Rum
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Bedouin whispers camp is really amazing!! really comfortable and beautiful!! it was cold in the desert at night but it was really warm inside the camp!!!! i saw the most beautiful sky i've ever seen in my life here!!!! we ate good food and danced and kept talking with Aodeh and his cousin in the quiet beatiful camp!! really nice experience!!!! and the bedouin food they provided was really delicious!! The tour guide Aodeh was very nice and friendly and offered us an unforgettable journey in the amazing desert!!! next time if i come to wadi rum again , i will live in Bedouin Whispers again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Loved the place, the food and our guide. They made us fell confortable and were flexible on our plans. The jeep tour was very pleasant and gave us time to do whatever we wanted. I really recomend Bedouin Whispers to my friends!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was the first time we visited Wadi Rum and we weren't quite sure what to expect; but Aodeh, Mu Mu, and everyone else who helped us out were incredibly hospitable. The tour was seriously amazing -Wadi Rum is just a beautiful place. Mu Mu was our tour guide for the first day and always seemed to be able to take us to the next location before other people arrived, which was great for photos and enjoying the scenery. He explained the history of some of the things that he was showing us and didn't mind answering all of our questions. When we arrived at the camp after the tour, I think we were all pleasantly surprised at the camp. I personally had no idea what 'camping' entailed, but this was a really great experience and much better than what we traditionally thing of camping as. We stayed in a nice little cabin and had access to a bathroom with running water (which is great since you're in the middle of the desert). We were able to watch the sunset after easily climbing up the ridge next to camp, where it seemed like we could see all of Wadi Rum. The chicken and vegetable dinner made by them was delicious and extremely satisfying after spending a day in the desert. They also played music for us after dinner. After dinner it was dark outside and we could enjoy the beauty of the stars. I've never seen the stars so bright and Mu Mu took the time to show us some of the constellations. SO beautiful. The next day we had camel riding planned at 8AM, however we wanted to see the sunrise so we woke up around 6:30AM and walked over to a little ridge to see the sunrise. Once again, so pretty. The camel ride with our guide Nader (if I remember correctly but I could be wrong) was a lot of fun as well. Riding a camel is a must if you're already out there. I can't compare it to riding a horse since I've never ridden a horse, however I'm sure it is very similar. Overall, Bedoin Whispers was a great first impression of Wadi Rum. If I ever return I would definitely stay here again and I'd have no reservations about referring my friends here. The prices are reasonable and they make you feel welcome. Side note: bring a hat and sunscreen because you will get sunburned if you're prone to sunburns

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed with a few friends with Aodah and his crew at a beautiful location in Wadi Rum. The camp site was very private, quiet and a great location. It was just a fantastic experience, being met by Aodah, driven to the most beautiful sites in Wadi Rum and sit in awestruck silence while the sun was setting behin the mountains of Wadi Rum. Food, accommodation, meeting other great people at the camp, music and great conversation around the camp fire were just as we had imagined the desert trip. Bedouin Whispers were recommended to me by a friend and I must say the recommendation has turned out as the perfect match. The little tents were cosy, everything very clean, enough blankets to stay warm, good food, plenty of tea...
Thanks to Aodeh and his crew for a fantastic experience of Wadi Rum.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed with Aodeh(owner of Bedouin Whispers) twice now, and recently stayed at another camp in Wadi Rum (with some friends of mine). Bedouin Whispers was fantastic compared to the other place I stayed. Not only was it less expensive, it also had better privacy. I love the personal cabins at Bedouin Whispers.

The camp is very clean and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Also, Aodeh has picked the perfect place in the desert to watch the sunset. Just a small climb up the mountain behind the camp and you get a spectacular view of the desert with the sun bathing the desert in shades of orange and pink as it goes down.

I would definitely recommend staying for more than one night. Then you have time to really wander in the desert a little.

This is a great camp to laugh, enjoy the beauty of the desert, and eat traditional Bedouin cooking. I definitely recommend this camp.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank familymandave
Reviewed April 19, 2013

During our week-long trip to Jordan, we spent two days and a night with Aodah and crew. Aodah met us in the village in the morning, and right away I started referring to him as 'The Mayor of Wadi Rum', as he's so charming and outgoing. He introduced us to our guide for the day and off we went. His cousin, Mu-Mu (his nickname, because I can't remember his actual name!) was our guide for both days. Day 1 was the standard see-the-sights day. We trundled along in the back of his truck to each of the points of interest. At 3.30 we met up with some of the other family guides for a climb of Burdah Rock Bridge. After this we headed for camp along with a Russian family of three on camel and five Italians in another truck.

The camp is nearly the furthest camp from the entrance of the reserve, and it shows. The world around you is desolate, calm, and windswept. While the guides started dinner, we settled into our tents and the set out to the top of the hill to watch the sunset. The camp itself is fantastic with working toilets and showers. There was plenty of mint tea and conversation before dinner. Dinner itself consisted of roast chicken and root vegetables from the underground grill. I told my husband we'll need one at some point! After some music and water pipe, Mu-Mu took a few of us into the open to learn to navigate by the stars. It was a truly magical experience. I can't really do it justice here--you'll just have to experience it yourself!

After a good night's rest and breakfast the next morning, we headed south toward the Saudi border. Crossing through the borderlands, we saw bedouin camel and goat herders. Mu-Mu even showed us a millennium's old Nabataean water well. Our morning hike was a spectacular climb through a valley and up to a rock ledge where you can see the border of Jordan and Saudi Arabia. Mu-Mu told us the stories of he and his father herding sheep along the clifftops, and told us to come back for a camping trip along the rock face. It's now on my list!

After the morning of hiking, he made a fire and cooked up a Bedouin dish of tomatoes and chicpeas called, foul (pronounced, fool). We sat for a bit and then back to the village for our ride to Petra. Aodah was there to see us off and introduce us to our Bedouin driver.

All in all, it was the best part of our trip. Aodah, Mu-Mu and their family treated us to a special insight into their world. And it was by far the best part of our trip to Jordan. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the camp for 3 nights. It was the highlight of my trip to Jordan, and one of my top travelling lifetime experiences. I would without any hesitation recommend this camp.

The setting is stunning, everything is kept very clean, the evenings are magical - after finding a solitary place to watch the sun set over the desert, we ate plenty of good food (cooked in the sand). The Bedouins at the camp played traditional music every night. Sipping sage tea, sitting around the fire and listening to the music was mesmerizing. Then they offered to show us the constellations.

I had booked a few tours but changed my mind once I got to Wadi Rum. It was no issue - Aodeh accommodated my requests, and gave me a fair price for my stay and my tours.

I did a jeep tour on the first day, a camel tour the second day, and I joined a group for a trek up the highest mountain on the third day. Each guide was great. As a solo female traveller, I was apprehensive about hiw I would feel in a camp in the desert run by only men, but these guys are so respectful and so friendly, I felt as comfortable as I would with my own family.

Many of the camps that I did see while driving through the Wadi Rum look more or less the same from the outside, but after having spoken with other travellers, I believe Bedouin Whisperers is one of the best managed, including the tours.

• Stayed: April 2013