“Coolest day trip in Jordan”

Desert Moon Camp - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: At Desert Moon Camp we strive to offer more interesting programs to tourists, rather than the usual two or three hour tours of the desert in a 4X4. Although we offer these too, we go further in to the desert than most people. We have always been specialists in adventure trips in Wadi Rum by taking people on easy roads, to good views in the mountains, and places far from the usual routes. There are many possibilities for visiting Wadi Rum, but at Desert Moon Camp we think the trips we have laid out have helped people to fully enjoy its beauty.We offer jeep trips, camel treks, easy hiking, and I also specialize in scrambling trips into the mountains, which I enjoy above all others. We have a wide variety of scrambling programs at Desert Moon Camp and if you only have one day here, you can always choose one day from one of the longer programs.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Madallah's Desert Moon Camp was the most fun thing to visit in Jordan. The jeep tour was excellent and contains everything (and more!) one could possibly do in a desert.... and that's definitely a pretty extensive list, just ask the guide especially if he's named Walid! From climbing to hop-skipping (or sand-dune jumping, as you wish), it's all in the game. Moreover the food is excellent and the same goes for the atmosphere.
We had a blast, thanks to Madallah for giving us one of our best experiences in Jordan. And Walid's an absolute legend!
Biggest surprise of all: the toilet can actually be flushed :-)

1  Thank SandDuneJumper
There are newer reviews for Desert Moon Camp - Day Tours

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I signed up just to write this review. I don't think I've ever had more fun on a trip than I did on our one day and night in the desert with Walid: bouncing around in a jeep, climbing through canyons, kangaroo hopping down the dunes, laughing at his jokes and amazing hospitality and food in the camp. Seriously, do yourself a a favor and request Walid, you will not be disappointed.

The camp was also great, with warm (it was winter) and clean tents, a beautiful view of the sunset and excellent food served up by Abdul Rahman.

Easily the highlight of my trip and it's all thanks to Walid!

5  Thank DonIncognito
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Amazing experience at the Wadi Rum desert.
I was one day and night in a group with Walid, our guide, and it was one of the best in Jordan.
Walid helped us all the time and showed us the best parts of the desert.
I´ll never forget the hike we did, climbing and running up in the mountain, Super!
Just to say thanks to Walid and Madallah for the wonderful day.
Accommodation and food is really good. Don´t forget to ask for the Sisha!
Enrique

2  Thank quiqueignatius
Reviewed November 26, 2012

the desert moon camp is a very special place where poeple host you in very kind way,
Walid,the guide ,makes poeple feeling relax and makes you discover the desert in a bedouin way!
the food was delicious , the tents were cleans, and the bathrooms were clean too,
i had a very good time there, i ve found my desert house!!!
Madallah the Boss is a clever guy and you always can speak to him and find arragements
highly recommended
Sebastien
Brussels

2  Thank SebastienLalmand25
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The camp for Madullah was a great surprise and delight. I was experiencing a good bedioun experience but I was pleasantly surprised with what I received, Walid and Madullah made the camp very welcoming.
Walid made my time in the camp very nice and alot of fun. Walid is a very funny man and very relaxed and made the environment relaxing and pleasant. The food was great the silence of the desert is fantastic, but the best part was the sunset and sunrise as it moved above or below the glorious mountain surroundings.
Abdullah, brother for Madullah took my group on a tour of the Rum sharing the history of this wonderful land. the History of Laurence of Arabia, Fascinating!!!
I also had the opportunity to scamp up the local mountains, run up and down sandunes.
i recommend this camp to anyone wanting to experience the true bedoiun lifestyle.

2  Thank MariyamNoor