“Hotel under a million stars”

The Bedouin Meditation Camp - Day Tour
Ranked #20 of 32 Tours in Wadi Rum
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Every time when I'm in Jordan I'm trying to come back to Zidane's camp. I'm travelling a lot but Wadi Rum stole my heart, it is something absolutely unique. Spending night there is amazing experience. I will never forget silence and shooting stars over the camp.
I was in Zidane's camp two times and two times stars from there made my dreams come true - it really works :)
Bedouine Meditation Camp has good localization; you will never forget sunset. Zidane and his brother prepare food - it's simply and very very tasty - it's traditional way of preparing - deep in the sand.
You can sleep in a tent but better option is take your bed outside and sleep under the stars.
And of course it's good to have a trip by jeep or by foot in Wadi Rum - Zidane can organise it.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Camp and did a day trip in the jeep in 2011. There is such a serenity at the camp and sitting up on the rocks above the camp watching the sun set over the desert was just wonderful.
Food and hospitality was great and we had 2 amazing nights' sleep in the tent! The beds looked so basic but were so comfortable and cosy.
A really wonderful experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone wanting to experience a night out in the desert but have someone look after them!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed with Zidane and his family at the Meditation Camp in 2009. I cannot say how incredible the experience was, it still is the highlight of our trip and we talk about it often. We rented a car in Amman and drove south, arrived in Wadi Rum and bought the parks pass from the visitor center and drove into Rum Village. Zidane met us and drove us out to camp in a 4WD vehicle. We arrived too late in the afternoon to ride the camels. We met the other guests and had an amazing authentic meal prepared by roasting meat and vegetables in a pit.
The best part was pulling our cots out of the tents and up to the ridge and sleeping under the stars - absolutely heavenly!
I need to mention that Zidane went OVER AND ABOVE for us in a completely unrelated event. Air Jordan lost our luggage when we flew in to Amman the night before. Because we didn't speak the language, we had a very difficult time phoning and asking questions. Zidane got on the phone and even though the airline wanted to just leave our luggage in Amman, he insisted that they deliver it down to Aqaba for us to pick up immediately. We thank YOU SO MUCH!!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Myself and my wife and kids came here and did a private jeep tour with Zedane. He took us from Aqaba to Wadi Rum as we asked him in an email to pick us up. We only had 4hours in Wadi Rum as we needed to go to Amman that night for our connecting flight. It was a very enjoyable for my family and it was alot of fun. We especially like the large red sand dunes and the bedouin music in the jeep.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I did this tour on my first day arriving at Wadi Rum Jordan. I came here on the tourist bus from Petra that left at 630am in the morning and it brought me the the office of the Bedouin Meditation Camp in Rum Village. I had to buy a ticket to enter Wadi Rum at the visitor center for 5JD. It was a pretty sunny day so that was good, i could buy water in many places so it was no problem. Before the tour started i had an opportunity to buy some tuna and cheese and Turkish bread to take for lunch. The jeep left Rum Village around 10am and i was with two Japanese and two dutch tourists as well as the Bedouin guide. The tour impressed me a lot but the most important thing for me was that it was a good introduction to Wadi Rum so i could get my bearings so the next day when i did a hike i would not get lost.

1  Thank Nathan7777