All reviews his team jeep tour burdah arch rum village an overnight stay wonderful lunch fantastic experience great driver whole experience plenty of blankets hour camel ride cup of tea hummus day hiking great trip overnight camp warm blankets
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Mehedi and his team are the best. They made my stay something I will never forget. I intended to stay one night and ended up staying 3 nights and then came back 3 weeks later. The camp is past the protected area so is even more peaceful than some of the camps and is in a gorgeous tiny canyon whose sides you can climb for the intense stargazing you experience here. Mohamed and Audi came and helped me extract my motorbike from the sand when I got myself bogged-down at one point and became good friends. I had one night wild camping and one night sleeping under the stars with just a blanket and mattress. You will be blown away. Just go.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2017

Bedouin Directions have a really great team. We (it was a shared tour with 4 other people) got dropped right at owner Mehedi's house by the bus from Petra. Mehedi is a calm person and introduced us to our guide (the name is difficult to remember) and briefed the day's plan. We started the tour immediately and our guide was an interesting person who has previously worked as security officer at Jordan borders, has flown fights and now back to his land. We covered most important sites in the desert as promised before. He showed us easy ways to climb the arches and also took our photos from below. He also cooked gallaya for lunch with salads, bread, hummus and finally bedouin tea. The day was short and hence we had to hurry towards the end to reach the sunset point on time. He gave us enough time at each point and was never unhappy with us spending more time to hike/ visit a place. We were eventually brought back to the camp which is kind of hidden making it warmer. The sky was beautiful with numerous stars.
The campsite is quite nice and each of us got single camps with adequate blankets. The food was great as well (including Zarb). In the morning we were dropped back at Mehedi's house in the Rum village where he pre-ordered a taxi for us to reach Aqaba at the right price.

Will definitely recommend them for private or shared tour.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Bedouin Directions is an amazing camp. I have stayed at this camp more than 8 times now and cannot get enough of it. The location is the best out of any of the camps in Wadi Rum, Mehedi and the rest of the staff are incredibly nice and generous, and the customer service is some of the best that I have experienced in Jordan. It is affordable compared to the prices of other camps in the area. Every penny is worth it as the camp is in a beautiful part of the desert not close to the other camps, sleeping conditions are perfect with mattresses and pillows and tents that are clean, and there is running water and a bathroom. You will also get to eat a delicious bedouin dinner of chicken and vegetables cooked underground during the day, as well as breakfast in the morning. Really could not recommend this camp enough and I hope that you will choose to spend your Wadi Rum experience here!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank ColeP134
Reviewed November 4, 2017

I have used Bedouin Directions twice during my visits to Jordan. Their transfer service is reliable, punctual and good value for money. Their day tours are excellent, insightful and entertaining. I fully recommend this operator for any activity in Jordan.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2017

A visit to Wadi Rum should include at least an overnight stay in the desert and I highly recommend Mehedi's Bedouin Directions (I've directed at least 4 people I met in Amman!) I did the Mehedi Special Jeep Tour (shared tour option) with the overnight stay in the camp. I really like Mehedi's shared tour initiative as it allows me to meet guests and reduce the cost.

As a solo female traveller, I wanted to spend the night in the camp but was wary about being in the camp myself. Mehedi was very understanding of this and helped me figure out the dates when other guests would be staying. He was very patient and understanding of my concerns, questions (37 email exchanges to prove it!) and helped me organize onward travels to Wadi Musa with a taxi. Everything was sorted out really efficiently with thorough information. The taxi driver he called even helped me store my luggage in one of the souvenir shops in Wadi Musa for the day while I explored Petra before returning to Amman (only for JD2)

The camp has very clean western-styled toilet, 2 bathroom sinks and a shower (not heated) so you aren't waiting around too long. Each room has a lock on the outside and inside so you can feel fairly comfortable and safe even if you're travelling alone. As you might have guessed, there's no wifi or reception in the desert so it's a chance to disconnect from the world for a bit and enjoy the experience!

Booking in advance with a company like Mehedi's ensures that the vehicle used is one of the nicer / better ones. Don't fall for the cheap prices from the guides at the Visitor's Centre as they don't really tell you much about the sites and their cars don't look as safe (and that's the last thing you want to worry about during your tour!)

The other guests and I chose to sleep under the stars so we brought out the bed and blankets which was a superb experience! Mehedi's camp is also located in one of the deeper parts of the desert giving a very authentic experience!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo