Bedouin Directions
Baraka Al Aqaba Hotel Suites(Aqaba)(Great Value!)
$72
$48
Amir Palace Hotel(Aqaba)(Great Value!)
$46
$35
Orbitz.com
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshis teamsecluded locationjeep tourburdah archother campsemail correspondencerum villagean overnight stayspent dayswonderful mealwadi rum experiencehummuschickenplenty of blanketsrock formationswhole experiencean amazing experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I literally could not fault Bedouin Directions. We were 2 Aussie girls in our 20's travelling on our own in Feb and we could not have felt more safe or had a better time. Mehedi and his crew were more than personable, more like buddies from way back! From start to finish our day and night in Wadi Rum was fun, the jeep driving, the climbing and night time camp fire dancing.. Thanks again guys, I already have recommended it to everyone back here in Melbourne.!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We went on a full day jeep tour in Feb 2012. Despite the unusually low temperatures we had a fantastic day being guided around area by Oude, who cooked us a delicious lunch over an open fire. The evening was great fun, with music and dancing in the tent - we were made to feel extremely welcome and it was very easy to relax. The location of the camp is stunning. Looking forward to returning to Wadi Rum as soon as possible, and when I do, I'll be getting in touch with Bedouin Directions again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thurston_Lowe
Reviewed March 14, 2012

After having done some careful research on the net, Bedouin Directions seemed like the natural choice for anybody needing a guide to help them explore the vastness of Wadi Rum. The quality of the communication between myself & my host, Mehedi prior to my visit only confirmed the initial impression.
I travelled solo with the intention of seeing of much of Wadi Rum as possible on camel-back, Jeep & on foot. I was not disappointed, an itinerary was made which made which suited my requirements exactly and provided a full tour of the Wadi Rum area.
The quality of the food & accommodation was a very pleasant surprise. I had expected a certain level of quality based on other reviewers experiences but the food produced by young Eid the cook was excellent, the evening meal was chicken & roast potatoes which had been slow cooked for about five hours in an ingenious slow cooker which is buried in the sand - eaten in the Bedu tent with the guides & other guests with lots of tea served in little tiny cups made for a more enjoyable evening than might be expected. It was truly memorable. I stayed with Mehedi for two nights & cannot thank him & his guides enough for their hospitality & good company.
The guides - Ibrahim, Raiid & Saiir, please forgive me if I have misspelt the names were impressive men & very good at their jobs. I felt at all times when I was in their company that my safety & enjoyment were their primary concern & it also seemed that they had a genuine pride in showing westerners like myself how Bedu can live in such a tough environment and all this was done with a genuine cheerfulness which cut through any barriers of language or culture. The hospitality of the Bedu seemed to be universal, a pair of camel herders stopped what they were doing to offer Raiid & myself a drink of fresh camel milk when we walked past on our way to climb the Burdah Arch (it was delicious by the way). We also had the good fortune to bump into Ibrahims brother & his colleagues, once again it was big smiles & handshakes all round making me feel more like an old pal rather than a paying guest the entire thing was first class.
Wadi Rum itself is a truly world class destination, it has a landscape which I believe is unique in its geology and made very special by the fact that the guides are the indigenous owners of the land who still know how to use the land to make a living in the traditional way - if you are fortunate enough to go to Wadi Rum you will see men working as camel herds, goat herds making a living as they have always done in the massive desert.
I can recommend Bedouin Directions as first class guides who offer a variety of options to suit all travellers from advanced climbers & hill walkers to those simply wishing to see something truly spectacular without the discomfort & exertion of doing exercise in the desert climate.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank xdanny
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I just want to say we had a great time and thank you so much for taking such good care of us!

I know we changed our itinerary and schedule a thousand times, and Mehedi helped us through it all without a complaint, truly the epitome of Bedouin hospitality!

We got to spend a night in the desert with Mehedi and his friends, rode camels for the day with our own Bedouin guide and explored some beautiful areas of Wadi Rum, all in just 2 days!

I am hoping soon I can bring more friends to see the parts of Wadi Rum that we missed and be able to stay longer as well.

Thanks again and give our thanks to Ibrahim, Salaah, Raed, and everyone else as well :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Mehedi was very responsive to our emails and although we changed our mind a couple of times, he was very flexible and provided us with many options. He arranged for a taxi to pick us up in Aqaba and gave us a warm welcome when we arrived. We started our discovery of Wadi Rum with a trek up Um Ad Dami, from which we enjoyed a wonderful view. Rad, our guide, then prepared a delicious lunch for us. We stopped in really nice spots, including one for sunset before arriving at the camp. Our tent was rather comfortable and we quickly joined the others in the main tent for tea. Dinner was delicious and Mehedi and his friends sang and danced for us, which was a lot of fun. The next day, we went for an exhilarating camel ride taking us to the main attractions of Wadi Rum. Our guide, Ibrahim was again very friendly and helped us get the camels to trot. We hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple