“The most beautiful desert in the Middle East we have been to ... peaceful”

Wadi Rum Protected Area
Book In Advance
More Info
$148.75*
and up
Private Tour: Wadi Rum Sunset Jeep Tour From Petra
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Wadi Rum
Reviewed November 1, 2013

It is beautiful .... desolate. Best way to experience Wadi Rum is not a drive-through or 1 night stop, but to stay in a Bedouin Camp in the middle of the desert for at least 2 nights. Then you will have time to seriously chill, watch a sunset or 2, speak to the friendly bedouin hosts/guides ... and see the sites. We had a fantastic time. The bedouin dinner they cook in the ground is not only very tasty, but something to experience

Write a ReviewReviews (2,274)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were in Wadi Rum yesterday and I must say it was fantastic scenery which I presume is the main reason you want to visit Wadi Rum and to see where Lawrence Of Arabia was based and if course where the film of the same name was partly filmed. We had driven down from Amman and spent about three hours driving around Wadi Rum in a 4X4, just me and the wife as it was a private trip. We did see some other vehicles out in the desert and a few tourists on camels but little else. The trip was broken by having a couple of glasses of local tea in a Bedouin tent. The scenery is fantastic with the red sandstone mountains and the red desert. Perhaps we will visit again and next time stay overnight. There are toilet facilities, a cafe and shops at the visitor centre where all the 4x4's depart from.

2  Thank DaveRuss
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The scenery here is very rugged but amazingly beautiful. It is where Lawrence of Arabia fought the war. The colours in the rocks and sand are wonderful. You must see a sunset. If possible stay out in one of the Bedouim Camps. It will be expensive but worth it.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Wadi Rum was probably my favourite place to visit in Jordan.
My 4 hour tour was booked through Jordan Select Tours as part of a full tour of Jordan.
I was a little concerned when I first booked this as I am a solo female traveller but was reassured there would be no problems.
My driver took me to Wadi Rum and I was met by my guide (Hamdun) and taken, by 4 wheel drive vehicle, out into the beautiful desert.
My guide was courteous at all times and explained about life growing up in the desert.
Great consideration was taken for my safety.
The scenery in the Wadi Rum desert is absolutely breathtaking and I would recommend anyone to visit this area.
Maybe the only thing I could have done to make it better would be to stay overnight in the bedouin camp. Another time perhaps!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

One of my favorite deserts; and I've seen quite a few. This desert has hills that look like melted chocolate, it has beautiful sand dunes and if there has been rain, you'll have desert flowers coming up out of the sand. If you have the chance I suggest you stay there overnight to look at the stars at night, it's amazing!

1  Thank Ilse v