“A Most Excellent Adventure”

Wadi Rum Protected Area
Full-Day Wadi Rum from Aqaba
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Wadi Rum
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“A Most Excellent Adventure”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went to Jordan in April with a few friends and Wadi Rum was definitely the highlight. The landscape is amazing and we had lots of fun clambering over and running down the dunes. We had a jeep tour and I would recommend it over a camel tour - I don't think you can go as far and see as many of the places as you can in a jeep. Just remember to bring sunglasses and a scarf to wrap around your head and over your mouth but it is very very dusty and you sit in the back in the open air. We had been recommended a guide and so booked him in advance. His name is Hleyel Mohamad Al-Bluie and he was brilliant. He had lots of knowledge about the desert (he showed us how to make soap from a plant) and we could ask him anything about the bedouin, even the intricacies of gender equality in the community. He was a relaxed guide without being lazy and we all felt like we had seen as much as possible in a day without feeling exhausted. We watched the sunset from a hill top which was beautiful. In the evening at the camp the food was great (as a vegetarian I was well catered for which was relieving) and we sat out watching the shooting stars as the desert sky is dazzling.

I would recommend booking in advance as the tour guide clamour at the gate can be slightly overwhelming. Hleyel's Email: hleyel_rum@yahoo.com Mob: 00962 (0) 779609179

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
lyon
“good plan in the desert”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We spend very good time in wadi rum thanks to Wadi Rum Travel Camp, an amazing night in the middle of desert. People are really kwelcoming there and they will help you to find interesting tour or camel ride. For sure, we will remember this time here.

Visited September 2013
New Delhi, India
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sand nd View”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The sand dunes are a must visit. Let yourself go and roll in the sand. Although the trip up the dune is harder it is worth the thrill of jumping/ rolling down the dunes. Be careful to protect your camera and gears lest they be spoiled by sand entering and spoiling the mechanism.

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Possibly the most beautiful place in the world”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I actually came here about 12 years ago and have always meant to return - we only had a few hours and when I return I will spend at least a night or two here to see the stars and the moon valley by night and also hope to do a helicopter/jet trip over the area to get an aerial view - have been fortunate enough to have seen some beautiful places in the world in my lifetime but this for me is right up there - the silence of the desert alone at the end of one of the jeep trips is an utterly unique experience - the Lawence of Arabia areas are just awesome - my father recently visited Jordan and I still can't believe he missed the Wadi Rum - chatting to the bedouins over tea whilst watching the sunset is also unforgettable - Petra is amazing but the Wadi Rum is something else.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Sharan_Man
Melbourne
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Jordan Wadi Rum”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The tour I chose was Desert Tours, Israel. We visited Petra had an overnight stay and spent the next day at Wadi Rum our guide Muhammed was great. The scenery is stunning. Black, orange and pale grey mountains, burnt orange sand dunes and amazing canyons to climb. Fascinating shapes carved out of the sandstone mountains with camels wandering about and bedouins herding their goats. Our guide cooked our lunch over an open fire in a canyon. The whole day was outstanding. If you like rugged desert landscapes you will love Wadi Rum. A great compliment to our day at Petra.

Visited November 2012