“AWESOOOOOME”

Ranked #83 of 116 Specialty Lodging in Wadi Rum
Leipzig, Germany
“AWESOOOOOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

We spent 4 amazing days in the "Oasis Desert Camp"...the tents are very stable and clean, as well as the washrooms. With our personal guide RATEP ;-) (owner of the camp) we discovered the desert by 4 wheel drive, horses and camels - we can promise u- afterwards you`ll know exactly where to find ur butt.
If you are going to spent ur holidays in Wadi Rum make sure to visit the camp for a few days. You`ll become a member of a friendly and humerous Jordan familiy.

Cheers,
Jana & Cassandra

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

I have spent there a few days and it has been a great choice! Really beautiful place, hospitable and helpful staff, well organized tours on Wadi Rumm and of course delicious food! I truly recommend you this camp! I have never seen so many stars on the sky :)

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank gracjusza
Lodz, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

During my trip around Middle East, I visited Jordan. One of my friend recommended to me this place in Wadi Rum. I was pleased with my stay. Owner is very nice, helpful and kind person. He showed us th best parts of desert and took us to the secret :) place , known only by Beduins, where we were admired sky by night.
Conditions at the camp side are very good. I think that You will also like they cuisine.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

During the last week of March I stayed at the Oasis Desert Camp along with my family.
The Camp was suggested by our Travel agency that made the booking.

The Experience was really interesting. We shared the camp with a tour of 34 Europeans , another of 15 USA College students, and a very friendly Canadian family.

The location of the camp is close to other camps in Wadi Rum. In this sense is good not to be so isolated from the rest of the world. At night I noticed that a police car arrived and I saw them also in the morning, so I feel that there is good security in the area.

The tents are basic, but good for the experience : 2 beds per tent, an you have a couple of blankets, which is good for the cold nights. There is also electricity in the tent, but is only for a light on top of the tent.

The toilets are really good, better than I had imagined, very clean and with running water.

As it was raining during the day, we could not have BBQ for dinner, but we had a delicious lamb , kaftas and salad. Really tasteful and one of the best dinners in our trip to Jordan,

After dinner there was music and the group enjoyed dancing around the fire. Quite enjoyable this.

The Breakfast was a little basic, but enough to start the day.

We also had with them a Desert Safari, which we really enjoyed in a 4x4 pick up !! Really funny .

Overall a great experience, and would recommend to stay here, having in mind that you need to have bit of adventure spirit to spend one night in the desert in a tent with the Bedouins. An experience to remember !!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family