Jordan Tracks - Bedouin Camp
Rumshines(Wadi Rum)
$57
$38
  • Breakfast included
Bedouin Lifestyle Camp(Wadi Rum)(Great Value!)
$21
$73
Discovery Bedu(Wadi Rum)
$784
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshorse ridingtravelled alonejeep tourgreat experiencebedouin campeach eveningresponded promptlyspent dayshis teamdaily lifeinteresting rock formationschickensolo travellerfriends visitingflush toiletsnice spotwadi rum village
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I LOVED my stay here. We stayed for 2 days. Atallah was the perfect guide - young, fast, fun. He was a little shy at first but really opened up to us. The hikes were amazing as well as the views, but the campfire in the evening made it a special experience. The bedouins sang songs and told stories. The 2nd day we went to the south mountain that borders Saudi Arabia. It was fun and we climbed it pretty quick and had a long rest at the top. Atallah made us lunch as well. We rode camels -- 2 hours is plenty because it's long enough to let you know your camel, but short enough so you don't get bored. I wouldn't do ride any longer than that. We had chicken cooked underground for dinner, and did some dancing in the evening. The stars are gorgeous at night -- we were able to find a couple constellations.

Wadi Rum was definitely the highlight of my trip through out Jordan, and Jordan Tracks made it unforgettable!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

if you need o make a break of your overbooked life, go to wadi rum with jordan tracks
and if you re a good rider, I hardly recommend you the 6 days horseriding that is really a wonderful experience:silence,nobody around, beautiful landscapes, great horses, caring guide and cook (delicious food!), sleep under a sky full of stars in one word happiness!
and you came back from there totally fullfill and full of energy!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I dealt with Jordan Tracks on two occasions. From the first point of
contact, Saleem and his team conducted themselves very professionally.
Communication was efficient and swift.

Wadi Rum with it's inspiring and intriguing beauty leaves me yearn for
more. Our transportation awaited us at the airport in Amman and we
received a very pleasant reception upon arrival in Wadi Rum. We went
on a jeep tour, visited the major attractions and witnessed one of the
most beautiful sunsets. Our guide was very quiet at first, however he
turned out to be quite a comedian. He was friendly, funny and
knowledgeable. My most exhilarating experience was that of having the
utmost adrenaline rush while galloping on an Arabian mare.

On my second trip I travelled alone and contacted Saleem at very short
notice. He arranged transportation and accommodation and tailored my
itinerary to suit my needs. Many thanks also to my guide who took such
good care of me while I was unwell. He drove to the village in search
of medication and prepared a traditional Bedouin remedy for me. He
checked up on me several times during the night, bearing in mind that
he had to make a fire to boil water.

Many thanks to Jordan Tracks for their personal care. Saleem and his
team are highly recommended. I would certainly stay with them again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We took a day/night stopover and took the Sandrock Tour, which visits the Burd'ah Arch. This is a decent scramble, not for the unfit, and in places not for the faint-hearted, but well worth the effort. Our guide, Mohammed (who started out quiet, but talk to him and he talks back very knowledgeably about anything) He also has a great sense of humour, and very understatedly recognised individuals weaknesses and sought to inspire confidence and a feeling of security in his guests in the tough places - he was excellent). He also brought a safety rope for the last bit of the climb. I didn't use it myself, but looking back, would actually recommend it. We also visited a number of other sites. Lunch was basic, but extended and we had a nice little nap in the shade. Don't worry about how many places you see - just soak up the quiet solitude and the scenery, the whole of Wadi Rum is simply fantastic.
Saleem is an excellent proprietor and host, who provided us a warm welcome and departure, and joined us in the evening for dinner and entertainment. Pretty handy Oud player as well.

Remember this is camping. The tent was comfy and the linens clean - but maybe not for prissies. Expect water in the one shower to match the ambient temperature, and the food while very tasty was fairly basic. The dates attract ants and flies !! We were lucky to have the entire site with just one other young French couple, who also went on the Sandrock tour with us, and were great companions - we were the only ones on the arch that day - how good was that ! What it's like with many more people on the tour? Well, the place is huge, and people get lost in it, I can't imagine 'crowded'. Everbody and everything was great, only wished we'd stayed longer. You can go on similar tours/camps here for less money, but this was still good value. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I went on the 1 day/1 night "Bedouin tour" with jeep which was a great experience. We got the chance to see loads of beautiful views in a short time and also to do a bit of hiking at the places we stopped at. The guide was very friendly and charming. The camp is basic (as it should be in the desert) and very beautifully located between the mountains. Food is delicious and we were shown how the meat was cooked in the bedouin way. A bit over priced but apart from that I couldn't complain.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo