“In love with a desert”
Review of Deep Desert Israel

Deep Desert Israel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family owned and operating right from the desert town of Mitzpe Ramon, we provide private - customized adventure activities such as: 4x4 Desert tours, Rappelling/Abseiling, Stargazing activities, Hiking trips, Deluxe camping services, Helicopter transportation and sightseeing, Desert Yoga, Bedouin hospitality, and more... Contact us any time for general information about the area, or for booking your unique desert experience!
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I took a jeep tour few days ago and I loved it! Thanks to them I could visit a big part of maktesh Ramon but what's the most important: I've got lot of informations about the wildlife of it that I wouldn't know without a tour. The guide showed me plants and footprints of animals. Explained me how to make cosmetics from the desert minerals. I already told him that I will come back and hire him to take few days trek and I trully believe I will do this!

All reviews
"bedouin village"
"great company"
"highlight of our trip"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 3 reviews
in 8 reviews
"rock formations"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed November 26, 2014 via mobile

This is my first trip advisor review and I've been inspired to put pen to paper after taking my family on a wonderful trip with Itai, which I booked after reading similar reviews on trip advisor.

I can only echo those previous reviews. We had a day and a half trip, where we wanted to spend one night in Mitzpe Ramon and a further night in Ein Bokek by the Dead Sea. Itai arranged a fantastic itinerary where we drove down to Mitzpe Ramon from tel aviv in the morning to then spend an afternoon with him in his jeep, exploring the Ramon crater. The next day we spent the morning in the stunning landscape of the Zin Valley and in the afternoon made our way to Ein Bokek via the large and small craters.

We were a group of 5 ranging in age from 80 to 27 and were celebrating the 70th birthday of my aunt. Itai tailored the trip to cater for our every need. We made frequent stops to admire the view, learn more about the geology behind the machtesh, learn about the Nabatean spice route, view desert birds and sample beautiful desert flowers with medicinal qualities!

Itai is a fantastic guide. He connected with each one of our party even though we had some very different interests. He brought the desert landscape to life before our eyes and made the one and a half days the highlight of our stay in Israel. I wish we could have spent more time touring the beautiful Negev with him - perhaps next year!

1  Thank Albert S
Reviewed November 16, 2014

If you’re seeking for a real desert experience, Itai is the best guide you can get. We’ve asked Israeli friends first and they recommended us Deep Desert Israel. Starting from Mitzpe Ramon we had a full day off road tour into and around the Makhtesh Ramon and we enjoyed every minute. Together with the breathtaking scenery we really got all the information about what happened in this area during the last 200 million years ;-). Even as ordinary persons we got it how a Makhtesh is formed and why they are unique in the world. We’ve seen the colors of desert and mountains, which emerge white or black or both, crossed again by layers of different colors. We got the background about the spice route and the Nabataeans in the ruins of their ancient caravansary, drank the water out of hidden wells thousands of years old, saw the wildlife, had lunch in the shadow of a hill, made tea from freshly picked herbs, and... An endless stream of impressions and information, but also the experience of the total silence in the midst of the desert - suddenly disturbed by the distant thunder of a jet. An unforgettable day for us, which ended with a sunset like out of a fairy tale. Thank you Itai.

Hanka & Henry from Berlin, Germany

1  Thank Henry H
Reviewed November 16, 2014

Itai Harari, the guide of Deep Desert Israel, makes the Negev desert come alive. Driving along the roads he will suddenly stop his jeep and point out a herd of ibex, a spider's web, a vulture standing on a cliff twenty miles away. How does he do it?

Knowledgeable, friendly, enthusiastic – we spent two days with Itai, including a sunrise tour of the crater – and we could have gone longer. His curiosity about this secretive but rich landscape has filled our memories of this beautiful area of the country.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Eric R
See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2014

If you go to see the Machtesh in Mitzpeh Ramon, you will be well-served by using Deep Desert Israel for a Jeep tour. The Machtesh is HUGE. Going by Jeep you will see much more. And by using this service, you will not only see more, you will get a great, intelligent, thorough explanation of all you are seeing. Seeing without understanding is only half the experience. The explanations and narratives truly made the experience for me. My son had been there many times before -- but he also agreed that going with Deep Desert Israel gave him the most insights of any other visit. I highly recommend it. It is well worth the price -- especially if you have only one day there.

1  Thank char311