“I loved it, best hostel I ever stayed at”

The Green Backpackers
Israel
“I loved it, best hostel I ever stayed at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

I've stayed in lots of hostels in eight different countries, and I can safely say, this is the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. Li and Yoash are the nicest people, they will help you out with anything and everything, everything is sparkling clean (and they work hard to keep it that way), the house there feels like a real home, not just a hostel. They have every available amenity, high-speed wifi, dvds, board games, beautiful kitchen facilities. The desert in Mitzpe Ramon is so beautiful, the hikes there and in the machtesh are some of my favorite things to do in Israel. I highly recommend this place to anybody coming to Israel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mnance01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

First, Lee and Yoash are cool cats. They are welcoming, friendly, and helpful; basically, if I were to keep describing them we would face a positive adjectival overload. I got lost trying to find the place when I got off one of the random bus stops in Mitzpe Ramon from Beer Sheva, but Lee was more than helpful giving me directions on the phone while Yoash stood lookout from outside trying to see the lost-looking backpacker. The place is clean an comfortable and my last night there I actually had a room to myself (first time while in Israel). Although I do not have an experience with any of the other hostels in MR I will set myself up and take a guess that they cannot be beat. Also, for hiking (I mean, why else are you coming to the desert?) both Lee and Yoash were really knowledgable, informative, and helpful in getting together my day hikes (of which I did three - one in Side Boker, and they made it really easy to catch the short bus ride there). I did not get lost, I came back alive, and I had a great time.

Best of luck to Lee and Yoash on their business and much respect to the philosophy and motivation behind their hostel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BenjaminFrankel
Darmstadt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

When we arrived in Mizpe Ramon it was quite difficult to find the hostel because there are no signs. Not one. But with the patience of Lee (the Manager, with who we phoned while searching) we finally found it and we were impressed by the character: The living room straight next to the kitchen, a bathroom, a guest wc and three bed rooms. It is like a shared flat where you come in and see with who you are living the next days. :o)

The service was the best we experienced in Israel: Lee did everything for us. She offered different tours to us (an authentical bedouin trip, a telescopic tour during night, a sunset tour of the Makhtech), she recommended different hikings through the Makhtech and other tours you can do in the surrounding area.

If there was a missing thing in the daily grind (dvd, beer, etc) we could ask her - she did everything possible! We noticed that she (and her fiancé) was the only one who is responsible for everything and she did everything for feeling us as comfortable as possible. She did a great job! Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends