“More than expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mitspe Ramon
Israel
“More than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am an extensive business frequent traveler. My wife made a reservation at Pundak Ramon. and last week we stayed there with the whole family for HAG SHAVUOT. Following the bad remarks from Tripadvisor, I was not looking forward to it... But I can say that I was very much suprised (for the good...).

We were 7 people (two couples with 3 kids). We took two suites on the second floor and had a great time.

Pros-
1. Excellent (!!) for family/all together stay.
2. Good location.
3. Food was very good
4. Friendly and willing to help you staff
5. Rooms large (Suite).
6. Tons of activities for all ages in the area

Cons-
1. I wouldnt stay here on a business trip.
2. Rooms are very basic.
3. No elevators

Room Tip: Lower floors are better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Drew M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
JERUSALEM , ISRAEL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Although the name of this hotel is ramon inn , we can't understand how isrotel chain allows this hotel to have suites without air condition in the sleeping rooms .mitzpe ramon is one the hottest place in israel and it's a real hutzpah to receive guests in such conditions of no air condition in sleeping rooms .don't go to this hotel .

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mitspe Ramon hotels

Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Hotel lobby, bar and restaurant are pleasant.
Rooms are tidy but tiny. No elevator and narrow stairs, with have bag it is a problem. It is old block of flats converted to a hotel.
Pleasant staff and great food.
They have bicycles to rent, swimming pool and sauna, so lot of things to do on Negev Desert.
Only drawback is internet, You have to pay for it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at the Pundak Ramon last week with part of my extended family visiting from New Zealand. I am a professional tour guide and have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. I chose to take my family here because I have always enjoyed the town and the hotel.
I will start with the best part. My sister did not feel well one evening and we were given excellent advice regarding medical attention. (Bikur Rofeh,attending physician Dr Khaled). The duty manager, Avi, offered to take us and bring us back and we indeed took advantage of his kindness. A big thank you, Avi for your courtesy and thoughtfulness.
The rooms are simple but clean and spacious, the a/c doesn't work well however, the windows and blinds were left open and we returned to a room filled with flies. The room was cleaned but no more and I did not leave a tip which I am always happy to do when I feel I get good service.
The service in the dining room was poor, bordering on rude and my feeling was that no one had taken the trouble to train the staff. The breakfast was fine if you had never been there but arranged without attention eg humus and ful (Egyptian beans) which go with the humus but no humus, dried tea varieties but no tea pots. When I asked for milk for the empty milk jug I was told to get it myself.

The dinner was better and on the second night Michael was the host and greeted us with charm.

I ordered a wake up call which I did not receive. It also seems to be policy NOT to give a welcome drink which is generally appreciated.

I sat with Tanya and shared with her my comments and disappointment and she paid attention in a very appropriate manner. I would have expected and appreciated a phone call from the manageress afterwards, so far I have not heard I will be back there in a day or two and hope to be able to post a better report afterwards.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Francestourguide
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I knew that this was not a hotel but an inn but I have stayed at much nicer places for a lot less. Due to the strange layout of the hotel, we found it very noisy and we could even hear a baby screaming in a room across the stairwell from us through 2 closed doors.

This might be a good hotel for families with small children but we found it very run down, the beds were too soft and not comfortable and having stayed in other hotels in the Isrotel chain, it was a huge disappointment. I will not return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Debbie K
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

While on tour in Israel, our group stopped at this modest little hotel in beautiful Mitspe Ramon. It's hard to put it into words, but there was something about it that was so special. Mind you, this is not 4 or 5 stars by any means.... no elevator, small rooms. But although small, our room was like a mini suite with a separate sitting room. Bed was very comfortable. Well equipped modern bathroom. Immaculate. We had a wonderful, delicious buffet dinner that was probably one of the best meals we had in Israel. And to top it off, there was live music in the lounge/bar area with a roaring fire. We had a most enjoyable stay and we'd definitely return. Oh, don't be put off by the lack of an elevator( lift). A nice young man carried our two very heavy suitcases up to our room smiling the entire way.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We only stayed in this hotel for one night. The rooms were generous and we had a separate bedroom from our twins with a door that closes between the two rooms. The breakfast was generous with a good variety of food. It is well located to the Maktesh and the Visitor's Center. Parking is easy. The main thing to keep in mind is that there is NO ELEVATOR. The staff was friendly. Wifi is extra, although we didn't need it, this is something to note.

Room Tip: Ask for something on lower floors if you need to carry heavy luggage since there is no elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family