“Nice Place in a Magnificent location!”
Review of Ramon Suites Hotel

Ramon Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mitspe Ramon
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Ramon Suites had very large Suites, really full apartments that were very clean. We had three suites for a couple of nights. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good! It was very quiet. Easy walk to a great overlook of the crater.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ramon Suites Hotel

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Ramon Suites Hotel staff was friendly, even when I arrived late at night. I got a ample room with a large comfortable bed, and a TV with a couch. There was also a kitchen area (which I didn't use). The kitchen included a fridge and a microwave, as well as plates and cutlery. The breakfast buffet was decent. The location is great, it's easy to find when coming by car (or in my case, motorcycle), and it's only a five minute footwalk away from the actual Makhtesh Ramon crater. Don't miss the sunrise!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rico P
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 very relaxing nights. I'm not really a tourist but it is very close to the hiking and tourist areas. This hotel is very close to the city center and the Makhtesh. The rooms were spacious and included a nice kitchen area with a small refrigerator, microwave, sink plus silverware and other amenities. There was a small living room area with a couch and cable TV. The closet space was ample for an extended stay. Larger suites are available.

The bed was comfortable for me but for some it might be a bit on the firm side. I spent three nights there and was able to sleep very well. There are no screens on the windows but I left them open most of the time and only had a few bugs fly in. There's A/C but I only used it when I first arrived and for 10 minutes after returning in the afternoon from an outing. The room stayed cool enough with the breezes coming in through the open windows.

The bathroom was fairly spacious for an Israeli bathroom. There was a tub/shower combination with a partial glass wall separating the tub from the toilet. The toilet seat kept falling off but since I am an experienced traveller in Israel, I fixed it myself. I don't have time to wait around for maintenance workers. The flush wasn't great either but, again, I didn't complain because I was travelling by myself. When I mentioned it at checkout, they said they would have changed my room. if I had complained

Breakfast was great. Instead of a buffet style Israeli breakfast, I was served several salads, tuna, several types of cheeses, bread and an offering of a choice of eggs. I didn't try the eggs but the rest of the breakfast was generous and delicious.

The kosher dairy/fish restaurant was closed for the first 2 nights I was there because there were not enough guests,. We ate there on the 3rd night. It was fixed price menu for 2 types of fish, salads, pasta with a cream sauce and mushrooms, grilled vegetables, and bread with dips. It was a bargain at 85 shekels per person. And delicious, too!

The staff was very helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. I had a very relaxing stay and will return, hopefully within 4 months.

One more thing, if you have problems with steps please contact the hotel prior to booking. There are lots of steps.

Room Tip: There is some neighborhood noise during the day. Also, some cat fights at night. It's Israel, lo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jen1555
Reviewed August 25, 2012

When arrived to the hotel as 4, including two small children. Checking was quick and we were referred to our room on the 2nd floor. The room was VERY clean, big enough and with a bathtub to wash the kids. We didn't have dinner at the hotel but we vastly enjoyed the breakfest buffet. It offered a nice variety of cereal, cheese, vegetables, eggs, baked goods and the pastry chef served our table with the most magical plum strudel we ever had. Her cheese and mushroom pie was also delicious. The restaurant staff was very friendly and attentive to all our needs and requests.

The hotel was very near a great observation point which is a must during sunset and sun rise.

Highly recommended for families. Great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Benamard
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Mitzpe Ramon. The room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was very, very good. The hotel is one short block away from the actual crater and two short blocks away from some pretty decent places to eat dinner (two cafes- right next to eachother- both very good). The hotel staff is very friendly and very helpful with suggestions and making arrangements etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there 1 night and we think we were the only guests, at least we were the only ones they had breakfast for. Room was an apartment but you could not get out of one side of the bed as there was no space. A lot of wasps at the entrance of our apartment stairs. Breakfast was very simple, if you don't eat salad you have a problem. Staff was friendly, but here was no life and atmosphere at all.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank MariekeR610
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Rooms could be cleaner and better air conditioned. The hotel just does not scream clean which is what I expect when on vacation. The food was not good! The food pictures displayed on this site were taken where? not in this hotel. I will say the Manager/owner was very nice. So nice he gave us free alcohol in exchange for a good review, but I am a truthful person.

Room Tip: Don't expect much.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends