“Bad Service Poor Maintenance & Expansive”

InnSense Bistro and Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mitspe Ramon
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We booked a single night for a room with a jacuzzi. We arrived at 14:45 and were welcomed by a waiter (the manager was out for the afternoon) that took us to the room. The waiter was not prepared for this kind of job.
The room wasn't clean - the waiter said that the cleaning lady and her son probably forgot to clean it (there are total 5 rooms in this hotel...) and offered us a glass of Coke or Wine. We were mad and felt sorry for him at the same time.
We wait about 45 minutes and received the room.
The room looks much better in the hotel's website than in real life. The paint is ripping out from the walls in several places.
There is no way to darken the room (if you want to sleep after sunrise), the curtain doesn't cover all windows so the room is very sunny.
We woke up and waited for breakfast. At 08:00 am there was not one living soul in the hotel. We decided to leave and met the manager that arrived at 08:30 am and informed us that the breakfast is served between 09:00 to 11:00 am - and that is a normal hour for breakfast.
The manager was the only worker in the hotel at 08:30 am - we didn't want to wait until 09:00 am and left without breakfast.
My wife and I are traveling a lot and we never experienced such bad service!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChezEugeneMitzpe, Propriétaire at InnSense Bistro and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I was immediatly informed of what happened to you at your arrival and asked that you would be given a bottle of wine. My only answer is that I am very sorry. Clients are usually told that breakfast is served from 9 but can be served sooner on demand and with pleasure. Regarding the painting, we experienced in Mitzpe the heaviest rains since many years and the rooms that need it will be renewed this week. Please accept our apologies and be in contact with me as I would like to invite you to sleep again at Chez Eugene to convince you that your welfare is our only purpose. Hoping that,you will.give us another chance. Arnaud

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very romantic rooms with fireplace and open concept showers. Staff very helpfull. It is located in an semi industrial area with shops that sell soaps nearby. We ate at the resteraunt and had a great meal. They have their own wine which was nice to have with the meal.
ITs only a short drive to see the canyon .

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The outside warehouse appearance is a bit off-puting but the friendliness of the staff and creature comfort bits in the room make this a worthwhile place to stop and camp. We liked the fire place in the room and the quality coffee machine. Very good bed nice linen. Good TV. iPhone player etc.
We did not use the outside jacuzzi but I can confirm the water was 35 C ! They serve a good properly cooked meal on Friday night which is a absolute bonus in this country. But book a table because it was busy with 2 shifts. Nice breakfast only a bit late (9.00) but we had a nice hike before and that made us extra hungry. Big thanks to Eden for looking after us !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We just came from a bad hotel experience in Tel Aviv, so when we arrived at Chez Eugene we had a great feeling. The family room was large, warm and confortable, with the queen bed on the upper floor and the kids sleeping downstairs. It's sort of a studio with a second floor just for the couple. There was a jacuzzi outside with hot water, but temperature outside was just 5°C at that night, so we didn't use it.
Breakfast in the other morning was excelent, with all sorts of fresh food and made to order omelette.
It's a really small town, so if you are by car location doesn't make much difference.
Overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Never felt the need to add a review to TripAdvisor but I've never felt so strongly that an outstanding place deserves to be allowed to thrive and prosper. Found Chez Eugene online and read reviews here. We showed up early but were nevertheless shown to a clean, spectacularly decorated room that was restful and warm. The food at the restaurant was breathtaking, the service was flawless. The endless stars above the balcony I guess were for free . . . . In all one of the most relaxing, warm, unpretentious, eco-conscious and glorious weekends my husband and I have ever had. I urge you to book early and often.
But not on weekend the weekends we want to come back!

Room Tip: ask for a jacuzzi romm, its worth it
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent 2 nights in Che Eugene in one of the coldest times in the region and enjoyed a fire place in the room. The hotel rooms ( 6 suites in total) are designed in a very good taste , the stuff was friendly and helpful , the Nespresso machine in the room was a peasant surprise , but the real surprise was the restaurant, Shachar Dabah the young and talented chef. We and our friends enjoyed our dinner there, each plate was great and we would definitely come back .We also appreciated the fact that all the products used in the restaurant were from the area, as well as excellent wines from the wineries in the Negev. Well recommended!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rita P
Reviewed December 16, 2012

First of all, please know this is my first ever review on Trip Advisor. I used this site alot to plan my trip to Israel for my Wife and I, so I thought it would only be fair to add my reviews of places I found. Also, please know that I work in the hospitality industry in South Florida so I consider myself very picky and do alot of research before choosing places I visit.

My wife and I traveled Israel for 7 days and stayed in 4 different cities. By far, the best hotel we stayed at during this time was Chez Eugene.

The hotel is located in Mitzpe Ramon, which is in the Negev Desert. This area of the country is absolutely beautiful and if you have a chance to travel here, you will understand what I am talking about.

When you first drive up to the hotel you must understand, but not get detered by its location. It is in an industrial area of the city, which doesnt look like much. But the hotel, staff, and amenties make up for that ten fold.

The room was absolutely perfect. We got one of the larger rooms available at the property. There are only a few rooms so this is a true boutique hotel. Our room came equiped with a king size bed, a shower that looks over the main area of the room, a couch, a porch, and a jacuzzi on the porch. The room ws decorated beautifully chic. I felt like I was in a South Beach hotel room in the middle of the desert.

At this hotel, they have a restaurant. The chef and owner both mentioned that it is usually only open a few days a week, but since we were there during holiday time, they opened every night. The food was FANTASTIC. We ate dinner there each night, and were not disappointed once. The owner of the hotel also own vineyards in the north of Israel, and they serve their wines at the hotel. The wine was also FANTASTIC. The chef does some amazing things with fresh local ingredients that you wouldnt expect in this small restaurant. One morning he was also gracious enough to make us premade breakfast and leave for us since we were leaving before the restaurant opened for breakfast that day.

Overall, between the room, amenties, restaurant, location, and incredible staff, this hotel was the highlight of our trip. The owner, director, and chef all went out of their way to help us plan tours, meals, and anything else that we needed. Definitely a must see, both Mitzpe Ramon and Chez Eugene, if making a trip to Israel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 and it was great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple