“A perfect stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Mitspe Ramon B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“A perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a wonderful one night stay at IBike while on a mountain biking trip in the Negev. The rooms were clean and comfortable, there was a place to store our bikes overnight, and there are very nice public spaces to relax, read, listen to music, and chat with fellow guests. The Israeli breakfast was phenomenal, but without a doubt the highlight was our hosts, Aviva and Menachem. They were the most charming, personable, and friendly hosts we have ever had at a hotel. From the moment we arrived they made us feel at home, and in the evening Menachem came and shared a bottle of his wine with us before dinner. He even drove and picked us up in our car at the end of our bike ride the next day, so we were able to bike further and see more of the beautiful Maktesh Ramon crater. My only regret is that we were not able to spend more time there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shimon K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family (2 adults, 2 young kids) spent two nights during Passover vacation at ibike.
Rooms are small - we stayed in a family room located in the main building (curtains are in need in the back room - forgot to tell Aviva...). There are new much larger suits designated for families just outside. Very nice and comfortable public areas. Very good and rich breakfast. Large and rich book library is another great feature. Aviva and Menachem (owners) are always available and make everything to make your stay comfortable.
This place will be great for families or couples looking for a travel base in this area. This is not a place to spend your entire day in.
As an active traveling family we loved the place, will probably go back and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: families - ask for the new family suits.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Ibike, and Aviva's and Menachem's hospitality and warmth were a large part of making it so special. The hostel is more of an upmarket bed and breakfast (with a great Israeli breakfast) and we really liked the stylish touches and homely feel created by the owners. Aviva and Menachem have great local knowledge which they are more than happy to share in order to make your stay memorable. We would heartily recommend a stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I just spent 5 nights at this lovely boutique hotel located at the edge of the Ramon Crater in southern Israel. The hotel exudes warmth and comfort, and Aviva and Menchem the owners are the most welcoming hosts I have ever met. As soon as I had arrived, Menachem took me to see a natural water hole filled with water from the recent rains. The next day, he loaned me biking clothes and a bike, and took me on a long ride along the edge of the Crater to show me the flowers booms. The food is all home cooked, and Aviva's breakfasts are spectacular. The rooms are comfortable and clean, but I would spend a little extra money to get the newly-built stand-alone suites, which are much larger than the older hotel rooms, and have separate patios. During my stay, large Israeli groups, a Dutch family with a baby, and single travelers all mingled and seemed to have a great time. While the hotel caters to mountain bikers, as suggested by its name, hikers and horseback riders feel equally at home there, and the hosts happily make trip arrangements or reservations, and assist with planning day activities. For those who wish to rest, the outdoor patio and desert ambiance, clean air and openness set the stage for a restful get-away. I can't wait to go back there.

Room Tip: The newly-constructed suites are worth the extra charge. The older rooms are more basic. Try to get...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DanRomano
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We considered many hotels before choosing iBike. It was super easy to book, and easy to find by public transportation. Aviva and Menachem, who own the hotel, were extremely helpful in explaining how to arrive at the hotel. Our room had a comfortable bed (actually two twin beds pushed together) and there are cozy public spaces to sit and read or hang out. Breakfast was delicious and the area is beautiful, with great hikes and fun spots (a dance theatre, a co-op/grocery/cafe) to see. Aviva, Menachem and their staff really went above and beyond to be helpful, even taking time out of their day to drive us into town. We can't recommend iBike highly enough and will be thrilled to go back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

During my first trip to Israel, I was traveling alone, and after a challenging experience in Jerusalem, arrived at Ibike. Aviva and Menachem welcomed me into their home with the warmth and hospitality of family, a kindness I will never forget. Their expertise of the area guided me to a simple hiking route perfect for the few hours left that afternoon. Accomodations are spacious, comfortable, and clean, and overlook a beautiful garden patio with tables for relaxing and great views of the sunset in the Negev. Their delicious Israeli breakfast is a great start to the day (best shakshuka in Israel in my opinion). Whether hiking or biking, Aviva and Menachem offer guidance in finding many areas to explore in the beautiful Ramon Crater. Perfect for families and large groups as well. My first trip to Israel will not be my last, as I hope to return one day to visit the wonderful hosts of Ibike, that I can now call friends.

• Stayed November 2012
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

As an avid biker I was immediately attracted to this place. I was not disappointed. Menachem was amazingly kind, and was happy to lend me his own bike, helmet and even shoes!! We stayed there in a family suit, and my grown up kids (adults, really...) had a great time too. Aviva and Menachem have been extremely helpful and welcoming, providing a relaxed and warm atmosphere. The breakfast was AMAZING - tasty and plentiful and varied - just great. We will certainly visit again, hopefully with a lot of friends and family, as this is an idea place for groups to have a vacation. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I can only recommend the family suit, which is idea for families with kids or two couples willing to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family